Sep 14, 2019, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIoFio
dear ones, I follow this thread carefully and I consider it very useful.
I have two questions.
1) some time ago I installed a firmware that allowed the switch in DFU from the menu. unfortunately by installing subsequent firmware this feature has been lost. I find it very useful. what firmware does it provide?
2) How do I install a firmware from the SD? I don't think there is an execute command.
it was clear to me how to do with the QX7S. but how is it done with Nirvana?
thank you all
Giovanni

P.s. any english error is the fault of translate
Try holding both trims inwards when powering on. If you don't get the bootloader screen, you need to install a more recent firmware the old way, using the bootloader button.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discord5000
Try holding both trims inwards when powering on. If you don't get the bootloader screen, you need to install a more recent firmware the old way, using the bootloader button.
Excellent.
it works perfectly.
and about the first question?
it's tedious to have to remove the screws to access the button.
thanks
Giovanni
Sep 14, 2019, 02:47 PM

R9m

Hi, I have set up the r9m eu lbt and binded to the nv-14 but I'm not able to select the output power. I have only 25mw in which is working and 500mw that if I select it is not communicating with the receiver. The module and the receiver are already updated with the last firmware.
Maybe I missed something could you help?
Sep 14, 2019, 05:46 PM
Giovanni,
Bootloader is so much more convenient! Everybody dropped the option you are talking about.
Sep 14, 2019, 07:56 PM
I have a few questions for the illustrious devs…
1. Which repo should issues be posted to now?
2. Can I help work on documentation? Maybe the wiki could be enabled on the new repo?
3. I'm so happy with the firmware right now, but I am eagerly awaiting multi-protocol support, could you explain some of the issues with getting this working?

Thanks so much for your hard work.
Sep 15, 2019, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshifri
Giovanni,
Bootloader is so much more convenient! Everybody dropped the option you are talking about.
@eshifri Yes you are right. thanks
Sep 15, 2019, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_73
@Jonasce: I do not have an R9M. But I clearly would not recommend charging with any module unless you do the HW mod proposed.
Reason: Without the mod, you will during all the charge time supply the module with the lipo voltage (3.8V-4.2V). The CF module e.g. takes this voltage and transmits all time with 250mW. The NV14 does not break from this and batteries charge. But it does put quite a wear & tear to the module.
Thanks for your reply! make sence ;-)
Sep 16, 2019, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_73
Is that really an issue in the meaning of a deficiency power supply of the module bay? - I have never found an official spec of the JR module bay. Looking at Crossfire, they state that you can get up to 500mA/2.5W over the JR adapter for the large (2W) Crossfire system. For more power one shall connect an additional power supply over the XT30 of the module.
At the level of the Crossfire Micro, the NV14 does the job nicely. The Crossfire Micro TX at 250mW output (i.e. max) creates a power drop of approx 0.1V. That seems ok to me. For modules with a higher pwoer demand, one should really use an additional battery. Not only at the NV14.

What I do not like about the power supply of the NV14 is that we have nice 18650 slots, but we can only discharge the batteries from 4.2V to ~3.65V. You can go lower but I recommend to stop there. 18650 cells can usually be discharged down to 3.0V or below. Stopping discharge at 3.65V gives us not even half of the nominal capacity. But practically I did not run into any issues even on longer flight days.
Yeah this is one of the biggest downfalls of this radio and the fact that the module bay cannot turn off properly without a major modification. This radio has been plagued with hardware issues that really should be fixed. Does anyone know if flysky has started to really fix these issues. The radio form factor is great if it wasn't for all the other issues with it.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:04 PM
I can't tell if my new crossfire micro is really putting out 250mw. The txpower sensor in telemetry says 0 when it's set to 250 from tbs agent x on my computer.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomedahab
I just performed your external bay mod Stefan, it works as described with the September firmware. Thanks a lot for this!

I used a slightly different p channel mosfet, which I had left over from a different project (unisolder, look it up on dangerousprototypes if you need a nice soldering station). I used IRLML6401PBF, and a 1206 10K smd resistor. Finally, I placed the mosfet a bit differently so that it's not upside down. I did have to use an additional wire but I think it looks a bit more tidy. My board is V1.6 by the way, which has the updated R2 value of 51K, giving 6.5v output to the external module bay.
I have a version 1.6 board as well. I bought all the same SMD components you listed. Worked like a charm.
Last edited by ridge_racer; Sep 18, 2019 at 08:57 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:11 PM
Old question. I have had to resort to running my crossfire micro with a power bank connected to the usb because the 18650 batteries I have always force the radio into a low battery alarm within a few minutes if it starts to transmit over 100mw. Can someone send a link to some good batteries. Thx all.

Maybe my battery range is not correct. I have 3.6 for low and 4.1 for high. Low battery alarm at 3.7.
Last edited by ridge_racer; Sep 18, 2019 at 09:31 PM.
Sep 19, 2019, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildymedic
I can't tell if my new crossfire micro is really putting out 250mw. The txpower sensor in telemetry says 0 when it's set to 250 from tbs agent x on my computer.
OpenTX2.2 in general (not just NV14) has no support for displaying the 250mW mode correctly. I fixed that on the Flysky branch of Opentx for the NV14 months ago. So if you install one of the recent FWs out of this thread, it will properly show the 250mW.
Sep 19, 2019, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Old question. I have had to resort to running my crossfire micro with a power bank connected to the usb because the 18650 batteries I have always force the radio into a low battery alarm within a few minutes if it starts to transmit over 100mw. Can someone send a link to some good batteries. Thx all.

Maybe my battery range is not correct. I have 3.6 for low and 4.1 for high. Low battery alarm at 3.7.
I am using Samsung INR18650-35E. I see a voltage sag of 0.1V, if my Crossfire MicroTX goes to 250mW. Maybe you should also check your battery calibration. With the current FW releases you can set this pretty conveniently. Charge batteries up. Take a reasonably good multimeter and measure voltage. Insert batteries & take out any module. Now boot up and set this voltage in the radio settings.
With these batteries the run-time of the NV14 is also suitable for long days (unless you let it sit with a Crossfire transmitting at full output power for hours).
Last edited by Stefan_73; Sep 19, 2019 at 02:08 AM.
Sep 19, 2019, 03:09 AM
Ok great Stefan...thank you. I did the calibration again. It was off a bit. It still sags though with the micro crossfire. Will try and get the batteries you suggested.
Sep 19, 2019, 04:29 AM
So after a full charge I notice that the battery calibration only goes up to 4.1. this it with the crossfire off.

Quick Reply