Jan 24, 2018, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Video

Durafly ME Bf.109E-4 1100mm PNF New release Maiden Flight

This is it.
The takeoff and the landing was crazy, but once in the air
its like flying a trainer.
Iam loving it. Oh yeah...
Big salute to all RC pilots and RC lovers from Slovenia...
Pilot Robert

Durafly ME Bf.109E-4 1100mm PNF New release Maiden Flight (13 min 54 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2018, 07:11 PM
What a blast!

Guys, that gravel is not your friend. We've got a horse track near here too and the smaller wheels on these 1100mm warbirds dig in and pretty much guarantee a front flip every landing. I'll bet the grass on your infield would work better. I do take off on that gravel but my technique is pretty brutal: mash the throttle and get the bird up quickly. I watched your takeoff with my heart in my mouth since I knew what was coming - good job getting that Bf109 off the ground!

Slainte!
Jan 25, 2018, 05:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangBanger
What a blast!

Guys, that gravel is not your friend. We've got a horse track near here too and the smaller wheels on these 1100mm warbirds dig in and pretty much guarantee a front flip every landing. I'll bet the grass on your infield would work better. I do take off on that gravel but my technique is pretty brutal: mash the throttle and get the bird up quickly. I watched your takeoff with my heart in my mouth since I knew what was coming - good job getting that Bf109 off the ground!

Slainte!
Hey S
This was just crazy flight. Oh yeah...
But like you said, the bird survived to see another day
Our grass runway has even bigger holes than this horse tracks and
we just couldnt find any good asphalt place to do this maiden.
But once in the air this baby is just great flyer. Great...
Stay well and big salute from Slovenia.
Pilot Robert
Sep 10, 2018, 05:56 AM
🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇪🇺
This bird looks much better than it flies. In the air I liked your 3D printed BF-109 much, much more. At least the Durafly BF-109E is the perfect hangar queen.
Sep 11, 2018, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schugy
This bird looks much better than it flies. In the air I liked your 3D printed BF-109 much, much more. At least the Durafly BF-109E is the perfect hangar queen.
Sorry I have to disagree ! In case you found the right CG and you entered the right movements this beauty is a real floater in the air. I mix 15 % elevator to full flaps and I am able to handle the glide path only with the power stick as I do on the real planes (if it is correct trimmed) . With only a breeze of headwind it landed like a easystar. I also bought the trop version and save it for "bad times"
The kit have some "weakpoints" but nothing what a modeler could not fix.

best

Rudi

Quick Reply