Website is down again

I have to agree with the general disappointment this site is a nightmare
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2019, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101
Search is completely broken, again. Sigh

They just make it so damn hard .
Customers literally left with no option but to look elsewhere. I want to buy from Hking, but right now I cant search for the stuff I want.
Sure , I could come back tomorrow when it will be working again, but honestly , why would I bother .

This topic was started 1.5 years ago. I think the website is actually getting worse.
Yep. SNAFU again.

Site just hangs when using the 'search within category' option - and that was working perfectly yesterday.

Somebody really ought to leave well alone
Jun 23, 2019, 07:09 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Guys guys...

It must be your browsers. It wouldnt be the garbage website, Ian and the CS guy said so!
Jun 24, 2019, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
Guys guys...

It must be your browsers. It wouldnt be the garbage website, Ian and the CS guy said so!
Ah that explains it! It must be extra special browsers that only perform poorly on the HobbyKing website.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:05 AM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal2
Ah that explains it! It must be extra special browsers that only perform poorly on the HobbyKing website.
Yes! Only the browsers they use in their offices!
Jun 25, 2019, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz
Update:

The RMA process was painless and I'm surprised how quickly it was handled without any "Fuss".

I completed the online form, provided pics of the IR reading, didn't even have the serial number pictures on hand or voltage readings and 24 hours later it was processed and replacements are being shipped.

Very happy about how HK handled this.
I know its not about the slow website but I have just finished an RMA for new batteries with high IR I received recently. They were graphene and IR tester was a Turnigy Reaktor charger

Full credit to HK, I needed evidence, pictures, ratings and serial numbers etc (fair enough) but was sorted quickly with no fuss, replacements sent out.

Very happy with process

Cheers
Jun 26, 2019, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintnz
i know its not about the slow website but i have just finished an rma for new batteries with high ir i received recently. They were graphene and ir tester was a turnigy reaktor charger

full credit to hk, i needed evidence, pictures, ratings and serial numbers etc (fair enough) but was sorted quickly with no fuss, replacements sent out.

Very happy with process

cheers
:d
Jun 27, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintNZ
I know its not about the slow website but I have just finished an RMA for new batteries with high IR I received recently. They were graphene and IR tester was a Turnigy Reaktor charger

Full credit to HK, I needed evidence, pictures, ratings and serial numbers etc (fair enough) but was sorted quickly with no fuss, replacements sent out.

Very happy with process

Cheers
From experience of admittedly only 2 Lipo warranty claims I have had, that is perfectly normal practice and nothing to write home about
Jun 27, 2019, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal2
From experience of admittedly only 2 Lipo warranty claims I have had, that is perfectly normal practice and nothing to write home about
Fair enough, but they were getting bagged back on page 4 for the RMA process specifically around battery warranties for IR. Those issues weren't my experience
Jun 29, 2019, 11:48 PM
Is it just me or is the HK site now slower than it ever was before or did it go half down?

Filtering used to take a minute (and no, it is not my gear; all the hundreds of other web pages needs a split second) but now I gave up after five minutes.

At least I used to be able to find stuff using Google to access the site from outside the miserable search filter but even that option seems to be blocked.
Jul 01, 2019, 03:47 AM
Category Manager - Planes
We were updating the website with some new search features. This update slowed browsing a little and we're sorry for the inconvenience during this time. On the bight side, we hope you enjoy the update.
Jul 01, 2019, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
We were updating the website with some new search features. This update slowed browsing a little and we're sorry for the inconvenience during this time. On the bight side, we hope you enjoy the update.
Sorry to report it is not working on the iPhone, regardless of browser.

On the web version, which today loads in 3-5 seconds, the EU and UK warehouse is no longer an option. Intentional?

I am sad that you closed the old website, I used to love the experience of just browsing around and finding inspiration and parts for fun build projects. The current site I visit when I must but usually leave immediately as the user experience is pure frustration. Good luck!
Jul 01, 2019, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
You will never learn. Get someone that UNDERSTANDS how Magento works. It CAN be a blisteringly fast site with full W3c compliance, full cross browser/platform compatibility, and ... drum roll .... a search function that works!!!!!!!!

Edit: just logged in. After a few seconds that 'register' popup arrives in all its FULL SCREEN glory and will not go away....

You truly are extracting the weewee saying 'hope you enjoy the update'. Classic!!!
Jul 12, 2019, 07:58 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
I am fed up watching the rotating Dandelion ...

Banggood is rivalling Hk as the largest online retailer of RC now ...

Wake Up Hobby King .... you are no longer top of the tree.
Jul 20, 2019, 08:15 AM
Voc
I have several friends who no longer use HK because they can't figure out how to use the site. I'm OK using it if I know what I want but I no longer browse the site for pleasure.

Not everyone is tech savvy. Websites shouldn't be this difficult to navigate. Whoever is in charge operates on a different level to most people and cannot see it.
That's the main issue here.

Quick Reply