Jun 19, 2019, 09:32 AM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101
The issue is real.
Its got to the stage where it definitely costing them sales. We'll only struggle with a slow website for a finite time.

I see a interesting youtube vid of a HKing plane, go to the website ..... and......arrrgh . I just give up and save my money.
Sometimes its so slow its unusable
Dont blame the users pc or browser. We arnt stupid. BG and GB sites : boom, pages load up fast .

This isnt bashing HK, we want to buy your stuff. You make it painfull to do so.
Not allways, but getting worse over the years.
Banggood, gearbest, Horizon Hobby, RaceDayQuads, GetFPV, ReadyMadeRC, DroneRacingParts, the list goes on of websites that load 10x as fast as HobbyKing's. They just keep blaming it on the user and the datacenters.

Ok, suuuurrreeeeeeeeee. The HK website is slow and filled with so much unnecessary stuff
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 12:58 PM
Another ugly issue is recently a 'first purchase 10% off' popup appears and will not go away when browsing using Samsung S7, S8, S9 and S10 phones. Hit the 'x' on it all you like and it remains.
Very very poor authoring again and totally irrelevant as this happens even when logged in as a platinum member.

All of these glitzy bells and whistles add extra fat to an already very bloated code further slowing the site down.

Those that know what they are doing with web design can use several diagnostic tools on the HobbyKing site that show real-world performance, not what we are told it performs like on here by rank amateurs.
Jun 19, 2019, 03:43 PM
@HobbyKing_CS

I ordered 3 small throw away battery packs based on these discussions to see how HK would handle the RMA and warranty process if they are defective. Sure enough after the "break-in" they IR is the same with a huge disparity between the cells and the range they fill in. I'm filing the claim now and will reference your comments about IR being factored in.

Hopefully HK honors what you stated and it was not just to appease the masses who view these forums.
Jun 20, 2019, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz
Hopefully HK honors what you stated and it was not just to appease the masses who view these forums.
If for any reason things are not handled satisfactorily please PM and let us know about it - we'll make it right.
Jun 20, 2019, 09:17 AM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz
@HobbyKing_CS

I ordered 3 small throw away battery packs based on these discussions to see how HK would handle the RMA and warranty process if they are defective. Sure enough after the "break-in" they IR is the same with a huge disparity between the cells and the range they fill in. I'm filing the claim now and will reference your comments about IR being factored in.

$5 says you get handled differently by mentioning the RCG posting. If you don't get picked up by the CS/PS person who handles the RCG account immediately, it'll get transferred to them and handled differently.

i would have just approached it as a normal customer to see what they do first.
Jun 20, 2019, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
If for any reason things are not handled satisfactorily please PM and let us know about it - we'll make it right.
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
$5 says you get handled differently by mentioning the RCG posting. If you don't get picked up by the CS/PS person who handles the RCG account immediately, it'll get transferred to them and handled differently.

i would have just approached it as a normal customer to see what they do first.
I hope their policy is unbiased but I will keep this post updated on what happens.
Jun 20, 2019, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
That is not the case. The RMA team handles all concerns and they do not moderate or even view RCG.
Jun 20, 2019, 12:23 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
That is not the case. The RMA team handles all concerns and they do not moderate or even view RCG.
You're in the same office though, if not separated by a door and a wall or 2. Also not sure how you can say they don't view RCG. Assuming they're modelers of some kind, they have access to the internet and can easily view this forum.
Jun 20, 2019, 12:24 PM
Update:

The RMA process was painless and I'm surprised how quickly it was handled without any "Fuss".

I completed the online form, provided pics of the IR reading, didn't even have the serial number pictures on hand or voltage readings and 24 hours later it was processed and replacements are being shipped.

Very happy about how HK handled this.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:07 PM
slats move, slots don't
Their website is down.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy852
Their website is down.
Seems to be the case
Jun 20, 2019, 05:27 PM
Category Manager - Planes
It's back up now

Ian
Last edited by HobbyKing_Ian; Jun 30, 2019 at 06:14 PM.
Jun 21, 2019, 08:22 AM
continue to fail. does not load any section
Jun 21, 2019, 10:28 AM
Holy moly!

The site has been improved by several orders of magnitude!

The search function is now functional!

Speed seems to be not too bad at all.

Has the HK IT department completed the Magento For Dummies book at long last?

Three years ... but a mere drop in the ocean!

Edit: Ahhhh it was too good to last. The silly first time buyer popup is STILL making a nuisance of itself! Phhht.
Jun 21, 2019, 07:21 PM
Search is completely broken, again. Sigh

They just make it so damn hard .
Customers literally left with no option but to look elsewhere. I want to buy from Hking, but right now I cant search for the stuff I want.
Sure , I could come back tomorrow when it will be working again, but honestly , why would I bother .

This topic was started 1.5 years ago. I think the website is actually getting worse.

Quick Reply