Jan 24, 2018, 07:07 AM
Geezer
Thread OP
Discussion

Why is HobbyKing's website so damn slow?

Shopping at HK's website is like running in deep mud. Anyone know why it's so slow? Bandwidth? Out of date slow servers? I like their selection of products and prices are pretty good, but shopping there just frustrates me. How can we advise them to speed it up? Anyone have any thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2018, 09:41 AM
No, not Sal, my name is Sol...
I haven't noticed that their website is slow or that it is frustrating to use. Oh wait...but that is probably because I have not been there since they made the "new and improved" website a quite a while back and it was less than impressive to me. (that is the gentle version). I really wish that they had kept their easy to navigate website, awesome prices and reasonable shipping, but I have saved some bucks as a result. Rant over.
Jan 24, 2018, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I usually go to Banggood, ebay or amazon first for non-brand name parts these days.
Jan 24, 2018, 10:23 AM
SRM
SRM
The slow web site is a pain, but why does their shipping taking so long and why does the tracking number they provide never work?
Jan 24, 2018, 10:54 AM
Big Daddy
Slowest web site I ever seen. I get aggravated and switch to Tower Hobbies.
Jan 24, 2018, 02:21 PM
Geezer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM
The slow web site is a pain, but why does their shipping taking so long and why does the tracking number they provide never work?
Items they have in their US Distribution center usually come fairly soon and tracking usually works. BUT, items shipped from over seas can take a month. I NEVER ORDER CHINA ITEMS!
Jan 24, 2018, 03:20 PM
SRM
SRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBwell
Items they have in their US Distribution center usually come fairly soon and tracking usually works. BUT, items shipped from over seas can take a month. I NEVER ORDER CHINA ITEMS!
I'm in Canada and buying from the US warehouse means items are priced higher and the shipping is crazy more expensive than buying and shipping from HK. It's the snail's pace shipping and non-existent tracking that is the painful part for me.
Jan 24, 2018, 07:58 PM
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
I was on there website today and it didn’t seem slow to me
Jan 25, 2018, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Shopping at HK's website is like running in deep mud. Anyone know why it's so slow? Bandwidth? Out of date slow servers? I like their selection of products and prices are pretty good, but shopping there just frustrates me. How can we advise them to speed it up? Anyone have any thoughts?
Darn good question

Appallingly slow & frequent lock ups has been my experience.

They have an EBay store that works right - seller name is "hobbyking_usa"

Prices are a bit higher to cover EBay fee's.

Location shows as... Tualatin, Oregon
Last edited by Trax_Trucker; Jan 25, 2018 at 05:41 PM.
Jan 25, 2018, 03:24 PM
Resident Crashologist

HK shipping from China

Quote:
I have used the 'slow boat from China' option too and it took over a month and a half to get my stuff. Plus you can't get decent tracking.

I have also used the DHL Express option a couple of times and was amazed to see the stuff show up in a few days. Sure, it costs a little more, but it is worth it.
Feb 02, 2018, 12:40 PM
!= International Arms Dealer
Quote:
I have the opposite experience.

orders from Hobbyking China == ~3 days EMS from China to ISC-NY, then three weeks until Customs x-rays the box and confirms that there are no bombs hidden in that foam airplane

orders from Hobbyking USA - Parcel Post only which means ~1 week from the west coast to Jacksonville, where my box gets loaded into a trailer and sits for 30 days (or until the trailer fills up, whichever happens first)

why the F does their site not offer Priority or Express mail options for the US warehouse ???

it matters not, as I've spent almost nothing with them since they moved to this new shipping model
Latest blog entry: RLink on 2S?
Feb 02, 2018, 01:34 PM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Plez boycott scamazon
Feb 02, 2018, 08:49 PM
Last edited by 1022bolt; Apr 17, 2018 at 06:28 PM.
Mar 18, 2018, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
Plez boycott scamazon
Agreed!

Closed my account at least 6-mos ago.

And will NEVER go back.
Mar 18, 2018, 04:54 PM
I suspect Tower Hobbies speed will be directly proportional to the outcome of the auction next week, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1022bolt
Any server driven site, slows down with heavy shopper traffic logged in. If they're slow at times, they simply need to upgrade. Tower Hobbies is probably running blistering fast right now and in the future.
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!

Quick Reply