Jan 23, 2018, 07:35 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D model.
Thread OP
Discussion

CopterX 450 Black Angel who still fly it ?

CopterX 450 Black Angel who still fly it ? I searched Rc Groups and didn't find anything less then 4 years old. Any long term opinion ?

I am looking for a low cost light frame 450 size heli capable of medium 3D on 3S.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2018, 05:21 PM
shouldve been playin starcraft
That black angel has its own unique design, so most of us bought regular 450s to have spare parts availability
Jan 24, 2018, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
It's what I like about it, the direct drive tail belt, like my 380. The frame look light , a good thing for 3S and I can choose a non DFC head: better IMHO. I had a 450 clone long enough to have some preference. I looked at KY maker of CopterX on Facebook and their last post was 4 years old, same thing for their web page. I sent them a message to see if they still exist no response yet. Doesn't look very good. I certainly don't want a old new heli, parts availability is so important.
Last edited by fauconnier; Jan 24, 2018 at 05:49 PM.
Jan 24, 2018, 06:10 PM
The Black Angel was a clone of the Beam E4, I have both,but all parts came from China or Korea and the Beam no longer has parts support.BlackAngel has been around for awhile but your right about only one source for parts.Iím striping my Beam for its electronics now and retire it to shelve queen( in perfect condition).
Jan 26, 2018, 09:32 AM
Turnigynarian
Never knew the BA was a clone! I always thought it was an original design!
Jan 31, 2018, 05:14 AM
Heli nut " the wife said so "
Hi mate I get all my black angel parts from ehirobo.com they still show stock of helis and parts
http://www.ehirobo.com
Jan 31, 2018, 07:43 AM
Thread OP
I know, Ehirobo is one of my sellers for 5 years (Skyartec parts, planes motors). The BA non-DFC head heli is B.O. and could be forever ... it is what worries me. I got no answer to my question from KY the maker of CopterX, not really surprised, it's often the way they make business in China.

How is the BA parts quality compare to Alzrc or Tarot ?
Last edited by fauconnier; Jan 31, 2018 at 02:25 PM.
Dec 15, 2019, 06:46 AM
The Rave.
This is scary. I almost placed an order. But then realised that their crucial spares like the main gear an main shafts are out of stock.
it's a real pity, if it's going to be discontinued.
Dec 19, 2019, 10:55 AM
rc user
for current good quality direct tail, non-DFC heli with parts support for less than $100, you can't beat the x360.
only unknown to me is how it flies on 3S and 325mm blades, which is what i would want.

https://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-X360-...r_warehouse=CN
Dec 20, 2019, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
Never knew the BA was a clone! I always thought it was an original design!
Uh no the Beam E4 and Copter X BA are nothing alike:

Beam E4 Assembly Video (10 min 38 sec)

eHIROBO.com - CopterX CX450BA-FBL Black Angel Flybarless Kit (2 min 57 sec)
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Dec 20, 2019 at 01:53 AM.
Dec 20, 2019, 08:52 AM
rc user
wow the radius arms are super long on the BA. funky looking too.
they share some design but definitely different helis.
Dec 20, 2019, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
wow the radius arms are super long on the BA. funky looking too.
they share some design but definitely different helis.
The general shape of the frame is similar but the Beam E4 has bearing blocks with integrated servo mounts while the Black Angel has the servos mounted in holes in the frame sides.
Dec 20, 2019, 08:44 PM
The Rave.
Bottom main mast bearing mount is located below the main gear and pulley on the Beam E4 but on the Blackangel it is above the main pulley. That makes a lot of difference in the handling. But so far, hearing a lot of good things about the Black angel also. I was about to make the order from ehirobo, but couldnt get a confirmed answer on whether the manufacturer was still supplying them with main shaft and main gear spares. Looks like they would only check for me if I make the order, but they also allowed me to cancel if they could not provide the spares
Dec 20, 2019, 08:45 PM
The Rave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
for current good quality direct tail, non-DFC heli with parts support for less than $100, you can't beat the x360.
only unknown to me is how it flies on 3S and 325mm blades, which is what i would want.

https://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-X360-...r_warehouse=CN
It will not do well on the 3S. It's already 50-80grams heavier than the usual 325mm bladed heli, and it runs a 6mm main shaft which needs more torque to turn. A guy I know tried the set up but the motor and esc runs really hot...
Dec 21, 2019, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroHeli-Nut
It will not do well on the 3S. It's already 50-80grams heavier than the usual 325mm bladed heli, and it runs a 6mm main shaft which needs more torque to turn. A guy I know tried the set up but the motor and esc runs really hot...
Why use 3S though? I upgraded my 450 Sport to 6s and it runs much cooler. A 1000mah 6s is basically the same price as a 2200 3S and has about the same runtime.

I used a Hobbywing Flyfun V5 40 ESC which unlike the 40A Platinum V4 supports up to 6S. It doesn't have any heli features like softstart or governor but it does have an RPM signal output which can be used with an FBL governor. On the Flyfun V5s LV ESCs the brake signal input lead outputs an RPM signal when reverse brake mode is disabled, this is not mentioned in the manual.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Dec 21, 2019 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply