New Castle Creations Talon 60 ESC

Castle has some of the best ESC's on the market and the Talon series works great for both planes and Helis. Last month, they added a new product to the Talon line with the Talon 60.

Splash

Castle Adds a New ESC to the Talon Line

Castle has some of the best ESC's on the market and the Talon series works great for both planes and Helis. Last month, they added a new product to the Talon line with the Talon 60. It's perfect for RC helicopters in the 360-450 size class and it can handle setups up to 1400 watts with 6S voltage. It comes with all the heli functions you'd expect from Talon like the easy to setup governor mode. The ESC is small and slim making it easy to install right where you need it.

The Talon 60 has a heavy duty 8A continuous BEC circuit that can handle a remarkable 20A peak current. It's also telemetry capable for monitoring voltages, temp and other parameters if you have a compatible radio system. The Talon 60 is designed and manufactured in the USA and is fully supported by the Castle Team along with a 1-year warranty.

Check out the Castle Creations Talon 60 Here

Technical Specs:

• Input Voltage Range: 2S -6S LiPo
  • Max Continuous Amperage at full throttle: 60 amps
  • Max Voltage: 25.2V
  • BEC Voltage: User selectable choice of 6 or 8 volt output (default is 6V).
  • BEC Output: 20 amp peak , 8 amp continuous
  • Size: Width: 1.19" (30.2mm)
  • Length: 2.56" (65mm)
  • Depth: 0.41" (10.6mm)
  • Weight : 2.05 oz. (57 g) with wires, 1.09 oz. (g) without wires

Jan 26, 2018, 04:15 PM
as much as I can
Should be a popular size for 380's and 420's, but I think I still prefer the Hobbywing 60A V4 for similar money. The Hobbywing also has a more flexible BEC voltage setting, less weight and looks nicer, IMHO.
Jan 26, 2018, 05:14 PM
Turnigynarian
For me, both are a hard sell next to a $30 YEP 60A! I can put up with the bland colour scheme of the YEP too, since it hides under my canopy!

The Hobbywing V4 is impressively light, however.
Jan 26, 2018, 05:51 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
For me, both are a hard sell next to a $30 YEP 60A! I can put up with the bland colour scheme of the YEP too, since it hides under my canopy!

The Hobbywing V4 is impressively light, however.
Yes, the YEP is a very good value ESC, if you can live with it's history and the LV BEC. In my older heli's I have quite a few of them.
Jan 29, 2018, 12:33 AM
C bhfuil Mike agus Vik?
Competition is good, I guess! Good to see they're still in business, honestly. I guess their products are quite diverse and not limited to helis. I wonder do they do the multi thing as well.
Jan 29, 2018, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez
Competition is good, I guess! Good to see they're still in business, honestly. I guess their products are quite diverse and not limited to helis. I wonder do they do the multi thing as well.
They make all sorts of stuff. http://home.castlecreations.com/

Heck, I have Castle motors and ESC's in my R/C trucks.

Traxxas Rustler with Sidewinder III 4600KV (1 min 52 sec)
Last edited by Steve_; Jan 29, 2018 at 12:14 PM.
Jun 03, 2018, 11:19 PM
I have always used Castle esc's in all of my planes because I have to much invested in them to cheap out on a controller and receiver power supply. Plus my Talon 60 works great.

Quick Reply