Mar 26, 2019, 04:54 PM
Aaron
Thread OP
Hope you get a sale. Itís a tough market in Australia for used RC, even though every single one of mine would have cost that much at least once the parts preventing running were replaced.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 11:07 PM
Wow! What a cool thread, my first nitro RC was a spider mk2, I swapped for aquarium related items I no longer needed, that was in 2006!

The car needed work and parts, luckily around 2 years later I bought a parts lot off eBay, 2 broken cars and loads of alloy parts chassis ect.

I managed to build 2 cars out of the 3, both run, both have different hop ups.

I have some pictures and videos, I can get photos of spare parts of your interested.

Anyhow here are some pictures off my phone if theyíll upload.

I just googled and saw your thread come up, now Iíve joined the forum

I really enjoyed this thread as it brought back a lot of memories...I have the manuals and parts of xplosion like you showed earlier in the thread.
Jun 25, 2019, 11:13 PM
Subaru 22b body...I wonít be running it till n the cars, I have an old Volvo touring car body for test drives....
Jun 25, 2019, 11:28 PM
The one in the shoe box, has the front bumper removed so it fits, I wonít run that one again, itís locked in a time box...hope someone finds it in 50 years time lol
Jun 26, 2019, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonshiz

You wouldn't happen to have seen the "Special" Spider World Cup chassis in the back, would you? I don't recall the part number. It's blue anodized (although they made it in gold as well) with "Team Kyosho" engraved on the bottom. I have been looking for that part, but I think I'll have to come to terms with it not being available ever again.
Like the one on the right?
Jun 26, 2019, 03:14 AM
Aaron
Thread OP
Wow! I was thinking about popping mine off the shelf for a run over the next couple of weekends and your post is a good motivator to do that plus Iíve been shopping on eBay

Yep - retro muffler to match the manifold I got for the GS11R - will have to convert one chassis to it, unfortunately the ASP engine starter doesnít give the clearance needed so the noisy oil leak will be it!
Jun 26, 2019, 08:01 AM
Hi Xtext, that sounds good, I took some photos from my parts lot, some are spares so if you see anything you need just shout out. I just got a used old truggy today to start wrenching on. I wonít talk about my other cars (off topic)
Jun 26, 2019, 08:35 AM
Some more I couldnít attach to last post....
Dec 08, 2019, 03:13 AM
Hello everyone.
I'm also restoring a Spider.
For the chassis, Integy still sells the model in 4mm thickness
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?...2#.XeywLuhKg2x
And price is very little for a competition chassis. I'm waiting for the one I ordered ...
Dec 10, 2019, 07:03 AM
Aaron
Thread OP
That is amazingly cheap! Brilliant find!
Dec 17, 2019, 02:35 AM
Yes Excesstext. And I found an absolutely new GS11R engine on Ebay (and the seller is Australian )
And news pieces of the day...
Last edited by Gandalf51; Dec 17, 2019 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Add screens

Quick Reply