Dec 10, 2018, 08:33 PM
Aaron
Thread OP
Slow. It’s a combination of life stuff getting in the way (been working long hours and also had a few trips away) and needing to drop cash on parts that is really excessive for the actual parts themselves. The correct wheels for example are $60 delivered because no seller wants to charge fair shipping etc.

Once my cash flow improves a bit I’ll sort another batch of bits. Weather on the weekends has gotten in the way of painting too.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2018, 12:26 AM
Grumpa Tom
Yeah, stuff happens. Well, there is always another day.
Dec 12, 2018, 02:04 AM
Aaron
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Yeah, stuff happens. Well, there is always another day.
Funny that, my calendar for 2019 is already getting occupied too, working over Christmas a bit more this year than last, and now have a work conference to attend in early February in Sydney.
March I go to Melbourne for the Formula 1, There’s a good chance I’ll be in the Maldives in April and August I’m in Malaysia/Thailand/Borneo.

Thanks to my wife being in Asia from June to September I’ll manage to spend some time early our winter on hobbies... when it’s like zero degrees in the garage and not generally hospitable.

That said I think I’ll buy me those wheels for Christmas and maybe another project car
Jan 02, 2019, 06:04 PM

Fly wheel

Hello I have just been reading your post great work with the cars I have just purchased a kyosho gp 10 purten spider mk 2 and I am looking for a fly wheel and piston set. I lost one of the pins on the fly wheel. Engine had erratic start . I stripped engine down and believe it had low compression it was not suckingvfuel enough.
If I was to replace the engine which engine would fit straight in.
Old Jan 03, 2019, 01:47 PM
KlapnorskT
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Jan 03, 2019, 05:25 PM
Aaron
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesmatrix View Post
Hello I have just been reading your post great work with the cars I have just purchased a kyosho gp 10 purten spider mk 2 and I am looking for a fly wheel and piston set. I lost one of the pins on the fly wheel. Engine had erratic start . I stripped engine down and believe it had low compression it was not suckingvfuel enough.
If I was to replace the engine which engine would fit straight in.
I can’t remember the flywheel set part number, but they do turn up on ebay etc. Monaro Hobbies and Models has some GS11R piston and sleeve sets - but they also turn up on ebay.

If you are just missing a pin on the flywheel though you probably can get a small roll-pin and simply tap it into place.
Feb 11, 2019, 07:05 AM
Fun little racer.. Had one back when they first came out on the market, but sold it a couple of years later. Bought a used one but in very good condition three years ago. Came with lots of spares like chassie plates etc. The motor was toast, but I´ve got a good one with few spares from Ebay. Haven´t run much , and I´m still looking for the body I used to have, the Mclaren F1

I might have some spares but not much.. since they´re hard to come by now. They are in used condition though.. I´ll look into my spareparts bin later this week and see if I have anything that might come to use for you.
Feb 15, 2019, 11:55 AM
This are the parts I found. The motor needs some polishing on the cylinder and sleeve. Or even better new parts.. The engine and cooling head has some scratches .. Keep in mind that they are all used. But the plastic parts looks like they are in fine shape.

If you want something or all, just drop me a message. I can send worldwide..
Feb 27, 2019, 10:58 PM
Hi, I happen to have this rc (happen to buy it in bulk along with other 2nd hand rc). The one I have is missing the engine plate (along with the engine) and the bumper. The question is, if I want to installed a new engine in it what parts do I need (apart from the engine)?
Feb 28, 2019, 01:24 AM
Aaron
Thread OP
You need the engine plate and a FD20 mount adapter unless you get another Kyosho engine.

Naturally having a correct or close to correct clutch helps too.

I would try to find either a Kyosho GS11R for the same of being genuine OR some simple Chinese thing like the ASP I have on mine.

I’m tempted to try and get a GXR15 in (it screws down) but can’t work out how to deal with the slide carb.
Feb 28, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excesstext View Post
You need the engine plate and a FD20 mount adapter unless you get another Kyosho engine.

Naturally having a correct or close to correct clutch helps too.

I would try to find either a Kyosho GS11R for the same of being genuine OR some simple Chinese thing like the ASP I have on mine.

I’m tempted to try and get a GXR15 in (it screws down) but can’t work out how to deal with the slide carb.
Thanks for the quick reply ,
So the plate is a must buy then....
Anyway is there any limitation on the engine size? (since you mention that GXR15 is not really fit in the chassis)
and if possible, can I have the clutch bell size? (diameter n height) Just in case I can't find the original one (its kinda hard to find a near enough seller who have old kyosho parts in my country)
Mar 01, 2019, 06:59 PM
Aaron
Thread OP
I’m sure you’ve already looked at the exploded diagrams and manuals linked from here or my blog sit etc. But here’s the breakdown of getting another engine into the Spider Mk2.

You’ll need:
SP56 engine plate - there’s a few in stock at various hobby shops in Australia plus they do come up on eBay.

FD20 engine mounts - these adapt from the engine plate to a regular non-Kyosho engine.

FD21 flywheel set

GT5,LD70, AB15 and AB17 make up the entire clutch assembly

SD53 is the actual clutch bell and is pretty much (except for tooth count) the same design used by Kyosho on FW05, the early 1/10 Infernos etc etc.

The hardest part to get is a 96425 Muffler - you’ll also need a FD33 exhaust pipe to avoid a nasty mess. You can use a TM4 Tamiya muffler or the earlier GS11X style muffler though.

Newer design motors usually have a bulkier pull-start mechanism so you may need to space the FD20 up a bit - This is the case with my ABC 12 engine.

My reference that a GXR15 won’t fit isn’t the engine or clutch, but the carburettor type. The GXR15 I have is a slide carb, while the Spider is set up for rotary carbs. Unlike a TR15 chassis I don’t think it’s possible to set up the servo and linkages to support the slide carb. The engine itself fits and can use the FW05 or TR15 Readyset style clutch.
Mar 01, 2019, 07:00 PM
Aaron
Thread OP
Unfortunately for all of us, while parts for these cars are available the prices and scarcity mean buying from multiple countries is a “must” - eBay will have listings for most bits, but not always the cheapest.
Mar 02, 2019, 11:40 PM
Aaron
Thread OP

The Tamiya dish wheels for my shelf queen build. Centres for the wide rears are still drying.
Mar 04, 2019, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excesstext View Post
I’m sure you’ve already looked at the exploded diagrams and manuals linked from here or my blog sit etc. But here’s the breakdown of getting another engine into the Spider Mk2.

You’ll need:
SP56 engine plate - there’s a few in stock at various hobby shops in Australia plus they do come up on eBay.

FD20 engine mounts - these adapt from the engine plate to a regular non-Kyosho engine.

FD21 flywheel set

GT5,LD70, AB15 and AB17 make up the entire clutch assembly

SD53 is the actual clutch bell and is pretty much (except for tooth count) the same design used by Kyosho on FW05, the early 1/10 Infernos etc etc.

The hardest part to get is a 96425 Muffler - you’ll also need a FD33 exhaust pipe to avoid a nasty mess. You can use a TM4 Tamiya muffler or the earlier GS11X style muffler though.

Newer design motors usually have a bulkier pull-start mechanism so you may need to space the FD20 up a bit - This is the case with my ABC 12 engine.

My reference that a GXR15 won’t fit isn’t the engine or clutch, but the carburettor type. The GXR15 I have is a slide carb, while the Spider is set up for rotary carbs. Unlike a TR15 chassis I don’t think it’s possible to set up the servo and linkages to support the slide carb. The engine itself fits and can use the FW05 or TR15 Readyset style clutch.
I've read the manual (and parts list).But it appears I have to buy it from many different source.... (as you already said)
So far I've manage to buy the engine plate and mount. I'll just wait for the shipment to arrive.
And buy the parts one by one.
I'll post again if I manage to make it at least run XD
Thank you for your information, it really save me a lot of hassle.

Quick Reply