Jan 20, 2018, 09:48 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
Discussion

Weldon Int. DS Fest 2019

The best part of belonging to this community is spending time with other crazy DS Junkies from differing parts of the world.

But with NZ being a bit far away for a lot of people, it seems there are a lot who may want to make it, but at the end of the day, are likely never to be able to, so after a couple of awesome trips to Weldon in 2012 and 2016, why don't we do another there?

Am hoping we can get a good group from around the world to Kernville and Weldon CA, USA for a International DS Fanatic get-together, mid-end April 2019.

With posting this now, it makes no excuses for lack of warning and allows plans to be made in time

I'm planning to be there for 2-3 weeks at end of Apr./beginning of May 2019, and hiring one of the Sierra Cottages in Kernville, in hope of sharing with others from around the world.

Anyone keen on making the effort to come?

to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2018, 10:09 PM
DS Addict
Yep, I'll 100% be joining you for Weldon DS Fest Alex. After some quick research the costs to get from Oz to LAX, SUV car rental and a Bach... oh, I mean cottage not much more than a trip to NZ.
Jan 20, 2018, 10:25 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
First trip cost me $4100nzd, second trip (cheaper cottage and rental car and flights and a few days shorter) cost me $3500nzd. So about $50 a week saving from now to make it happen
Jan 22, 2018, 10:00 AM
Iím In Alex. Itís always great when you make it out here. Check out what my FoSa Lift at 154mph did to this stubborn scrub oak tree this weekend.
Jan 22, 2018, 10:49 AM
be good to see you Alex...
Jan 22, 2018, 05:44 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic1
Iím In Alex. Itís always great when you make it out here. Check out what my FoSa Lift at 154mph did to this stubborn scrub oak tree this weekend.
Ouch Scott!!! Is that the new sawtooth planform for fast turning???

Sucks to see though
Jan 22, 2018, 05:44 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboz
be good to see you Alex...
Hey Chris! Staying with you was the highlight of the trip last time. Thanks heaps! Will be good to catch up again
Jan 22, 2018, 08:44 PM
you're welcome to come back to the beach and hang out again..

Jan 22, 2018, 09:48 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
You can count me in. Got nothing crazy to fly yet but should by then. hell id go just to see everyone again.
Jan 22, 2018, 09:53 PM
Everything's A Compromise
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON
Is that the new sawtooth planform for fast turning???
Nope, this is a testbed for the latest research into laminar flow turbulation.
Jan 23, 2018, 10:24 AM
Alex....Its the New...HBST 72 "Hunny Badger Saw Tooth" Airfoil Design
The strakes produce a
strong vortex at high angles of attack. The vortices flow over the aircraft surfaces, and as a result of the low pressure field, create additional lift. Careful shaping of the strake is required, but good
performance can be obtained. Note that these airplanes also use leading and trailing edge wing
device scheduling to achieve optimum performance.
Jan 25, 2018, 08:21 PM
making my own planes...
Kiwi and Aussie go for it!
hope on day we could arrange some trip together

Cheers,
Andre
Jan 27, 2018, 01:48 PM
hi Guys
a few guys from switzerland will come to weldon in april 2019 and fly again ds.
regards patrick
Jan 27, 2018, 01:49 PM
nick are you coming again
Jan 27, 2018, 07:23 PM
Auzzie built planks
I'd definatly be very keen as I wanted to go this year but some new aluminium moulds are getting in the way , i really owe it to my self to see in person all the great DS hills and more importantly the people

Cheers

Tim
Latest blog entry: More colours

Quick Reply