Redundancy receiver - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 18, 2018, 04:53 PM
Discussion

Redundancy receiver

I have done a search on this but can't find anything so it may have been answered before. But what exactly does a redundancy receiver offer via a 10+ expander. Does the 10+ use the signal from the serial input (primary receiver) and if there is a signal loss switch to the auxiliary receiver via the aux input, then switch back to primary when signal is restored to the primary. If this happens, does the led show a frame loss by blinking slowly.
Also when the redundancy receiver is activated is there a loss of control or is it instant.
I use the 10+ now but I am going to add the redundancy receiver to my bigger models for security and want to be sure what it offers.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2018, 05:37 PM
Build more, websurf less
I cannot speak on how the X10+ determines which receiver's signal to use; we'll let Jim answer that.

I can say that a big advantage with the X10+ is that you can locate two receivers and their antennae in two different remote places on the aircraft - this greatly reduces the chance of your control signal being blocked by batteries, wiring, servos, ESCs, motors, landing gear, carbon fiber etc.
Jan 18, 2018, 06:53 PM
There is no "switching" between receivers. Both receivers can provide data. With 2.4GHz systems you either get 100% good data or NO data from a receiver.

Each frame of data should contain packets from both receivers. The primary receiver is checked first to see if it has data. If so, that data is used. If there is no data from the primary receiver, then the second receiver is checked to see if it has data. If neither receiver has data then the last valid frame's data is used. After so many consecutively lost frames, the system will go into failsafe mode.
Jan 18, 2018, 09:01 PM
Jim......with a "Redundant RX Configuration".......during a routine check/list.....what is the proper method to verify both RX's are functioning??
Jan 18, 2018, 10:08 PM
I have changed the aux on the 10+ to second input (serial mode) if I want to ad a nano as a second input, you change the output to serial, but how do you bind it as it is a redundant receiver not a slave. What is the method of binding a redundant receiver on the aux input?
Jan 19, 2018, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande
Jim......with a "Redundant RX Configuration".......during a routine check/list.....what is the proper method to verify both RX's are functioning??
Unplug and plug in each reciever while its running and check that you have control with just a single receiver.
Jan 19, 2018, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellbuster
I have changed the aux on the 10+ to second input (serial mode) if I want to ad a nano as a second input, you change the output to serial, but how do you bind it as it is a redundant receiver not a slave. What is the method of binding a redundant receiver on the aux input?
You bind recievers as master and slave, and at the end of the binding you set both to output the Xtreme protocol.
Jan 19, 2018, 01:16 AM
Thanks Jim for your patience.
Jan 19, 2018, 04:16 AM
I have had no joy setting up a RFU and a Nano on the 10+ as a redundancy receiver. Is it possible to bind a RFU as a master and a nano as slave?
Also when setting the master in bind mode does it have to be powered up while you set the slave in bind mode, and then the TX.
Are there any detailed instructions on setting up a redundancy receiver with the 10+?
If anyone has done this any advice would be welcome
Jan 19, 2018, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Unplug and plug in each reciever while its running and check that you have control with just a single receiver.
Thank You! .....
Jan 19, 2018, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellbuster
I have had no joy setting up a RFU and a Nano on the 10+ as a redundancy receiver. Is it possible to bind a RFU as a master and a nano as slave?
Also when setting the master in bind mode does it have to be powered up while you set the slave in bind mode, and then the TX.
Are there any detailed instructions on setting up a redundancy receiver with the 10+?
Instructional videos on how to use this type of setup would be nice.......
Jan 19, 2018, 12:17 PM
Instructional videos exist! See the How-to video thread!
Jan 19, 2018, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Instructional videos exist! See the How-to video thread!
Forgot about that video that shows mostly how to set up failsafe.....

However, I don't see that it answers any the questions being asked..... I must be dense.....

Quote:
Jan 19, 2018, 08:33 PM
There is a video showing you how to setup the Nano with a the X10+. The RFU is done the same way, using it's button instead of a jumper. You bind multiple receivers together as master and slave(s). At the end of the binding is how you setup the output mode.
Jan 20, 2018, 12:45 AM
I followed that, RFU green, 10+ green, and nano solid red, but nano is the only one working remove the RFU and the signal is lost. After the RFU is bound pressing the button does nothing.

Quick Reply