This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 18, 2018, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

everything is o k

for many years, i never missed the Tommy Hunter show. folk music. when i was in vancouver, he was in toronto. when i went to california, he went to nashville. when i came back to canada (this time to a place north of toronto), he came back to toronto. but i never had the chance to meet him in person. it was until, in recent years, he came to windsor, where i live, that i had the chance to meet him. i liked his show because had a message of optimism. not only happy music. at the end of each show he hung his guitar and had a phylosophical talk. 1 of them was about a nearby farmer that he went to visit. he said that his wife was going to have another baby and he was out of money. his house needed roof repair as leaked all over; the bank denied a loan so his helper left due to lack of payments; the cow broke in the fence and eat all the beans; the hogs got cholera and died; the soil was so dry that you couldnt rise an umbrela on a sack of fertilizer; and his mother in law was moving in to stay. then he said: but we are still living, so everything is o k.
so, whatever you are facing, remember the philosophy of the farmer. after all, things may not be that bad, and we are still living...
(but he didnt have health problems, after all...then who knows what his thoughts would be).
Last edited by phil alvirez; Feb 17, 2018 at 08:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply