This thread is privately moderated by JoeScott70, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 18, 2018, 08:01 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
$400.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Carl Goldberg Sukoi SU-26

Carl Goldberg Models Sukhoi SU-26. Powered by a 4 stroke Saito 1.50 with a Pitts muffler, the Saito runs great and Ive put four flights on it in the last month. Covering is in near perfect condition except for a tear on the rudder. No cracks in cowling, but the plastic filler section under the wing has some hanger rash. Very low time on this model, flys great but only flown a handful of times. All servos are Futaba, one S9304 per aileron, one S148 per elevator half, one S9304 in pull pull configuration on the rudder, and one S148 for throttle. Its currently equipped with an AR7000 Spektrum receiver plus one satellite. This thing does not disappoint in the air, the Saito is enough for almost unlimited vertical, and it slows down and floats in on final like a trainer. Big high speed maneuvers feel like it's on rails. This is the early version of the kit which has the landing gear mounted in the wing, but the builder did a lot of extra work to strengthen that particular area and it would take one hell of a botched landing to hurt it. All up weight minus fuel is 11.8 lbs. I would rather not ship due to it's size but for the right price I'll consider it. $400 OBO or open to trades including 90 or 50 size helis glow or electric, a DJI Phantom or similar AP platform, or FPV racing/freestyle quad setups. Contact Joey Scott at 706-951-7117 with any questions/offers. Located in Augusta, Ga. Willing to meet in the Atlanta area or as far south as Macon/Warner Robins.
Last edited by JoeScott70; Jun 22, 2018 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Updated info
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2018, 08:31 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Thunderbolt P47
Great looking Sukhoi! I have the other matching one that was A&W number 2. This plane was built by a professional builder named Derrick West in 1997-98 who assisted me with mine at Fort Irwin, CA. We were going to try and fly team aerobatics with the two planes. The A&W is the initials from our two last names of Abbott and West. That plane is an incredible flyer and it is awesome to see that it is still around as is mine. I lost contact with Derrick in 2001 when I PCS'd. Thanks for posting all the pictures as this brings back some great memories of seeing the two of them together on the dry lake beds around Fort Irwin. Good luck with the sale Joey!
Jan 18, 2018, 09:25 AM
Thread OP

Nice!!

That's awesome Thunderboly, rarely does one get to find out the history behind a model like this. I knew as soon as I saw the quality of workmanship that this had to be a professionally built kit and I had to have it 😀. There can't be too many of these survivors left out there especially a matching pair! Does yours have a Saito 1.50 as well, and do you have any pictures of it? I'm amazed that it originated in Cali and made it all the way to Augusta, GA in one piece!
Jan 18, 2018, 09:51 AM
Thunderbolt P47
Joe,

I will go through my picture bin tonight and see what I can find and scan in from the period of our two planes. My plane is put away for the winter in a shed here in upstate NY and with all the snow it will be hard to get too. Mine has a OS FS 120III pumper and a sawed in half Barbie in it as a pilot with a rather revealing blue jean halter top. Derrick wasn't happy that his pilot wasn't as attractive as mine but would let me know that I should never have painted my landing gear black instead of polishing the aluminum gear as he had. So the argument was my pilots chest and face were prettier but his plane had nicer legs! Anyways, both planes were covered in black and white 21st Century Film with Goldberg red pin stripping in the 1/16, 1/32, and 1/8 sizes. The cowls are from Stans Fiberglass and painted in 21st Century Paint to match, and the belly pans were the original ABS that came with the kit. I never got around to installing smoke in mine. If I remember right he has a TME smoke pump in it. We had a great time putting 10-12 minute flights on the planes and they both flew extremely stable / reliable and could be let loose for scale aerobatics at the flip of a switch. Derrick and I engineered and significantly improved the in wing landing gear mount with plywood doublers, plates, spacers, and triangle stock to remedy the issue with LG failure that the early kits experienced. If I were you I would keep that plane as it is worth way more than $400 and find another way to get your drone fix...... LOL

Jeff Abbott
Jan 18, 2018, 02:07 PM
Trader Rating: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderboly P47
Great looking Sukhoi! I have the other matching one that was A&W number 2. This plane was built by a professional builder named Derrick West in 1997-98 who assisted me with mine at Fort Irwin, CA. We were going to try and fly team aerobatics with the two planes. The A&W is the initials from our two last names of Abbott and West. That plane is an incredible flyer and it is awesome to see that it is still around as is mine. I lost contact with Derrick in 2001 when I PCS'd. Thanks for posting all the pictures as this brings back some great memories of seeing the two of them together on the dry lake beds around Fort Irwin. Good luck with the sale Joey!
You should buy it so you have the set
Jan 18, 2018, 02:07 PM
Trader Rating: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderboly P47
Joe,

I will go through my picture bin tonight and see what I can find and scan in from the period of our two planes. My plane is put away for the winter in a shed here in upstate NY and with all the snow it will be hard to get too. Mine has a OS FS 120III pumper and a sawed in half Barbie in it as a pilot with a rather revealing blue jean halter top. Derrick wasn't happy that his pilot wasn't as attractive as mine but would let me know that I should never have painted my landing gear black instead of polishing the aluminum gear as he had. So the argument was my pilots chest and face were prettier but his plane had nicer legs! Anyways, both planes were covered in black and white 21st Century Film with Goldberg red pin stripping in the 1/16, 1/32, and 1/8 sizes. The cowls are from Stans Fiberglass and painted in 21st Century Paint to match, and the belly pans were the original ABS that came with the kit. I never got around to installing smoke in mine. If I remember right he has a TME smoke pump in it. We had a great time putting 10-12 minute flights on the planes and they both flew extremely stable / reliable and could be let loose for scale aerobatics at the flip of a switch. Derrick and I engineered and significantly improved the in wing landing gear mount with plywood doublers, plates, spacers, and triangle stock to remedy the issue with LG failure that the early kits experienced. If I were you I would keep that plane as it is worth way more than $400 and find another way to get your drone fix...... LOL

Jeff Abbott
You definitely should buy it
Jan 18, 2018, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Agreed about keeping it. Drones are a dime a dozen, and $400 is probably not going to persuade me to separate with it now that I know it's origin. I'll clean her up and throw a receiver in it then commit aviation. You wouldn't believe what I paid for it even if I told you.....😇
Jan 22, 2018, 02:34 PM
Thunderbolt P47
Joe,

Here is a picture of the A&W II Cockpit. It sounds like you got a phenomenal deal and only paid for the Saito 150. I will bite, how much did you buy it for and did you get it from Derrick or another seller?

Jeff
Jan 26, 2018, 12:57 AM
Thread OP

Still for sale

Hey Jeff, thanks for the pilot figure pic. The figure in my airplane seems a bit more realistic, kinda like a red headed straight haired Patty Wagstaff. The airplane is still up for sale /trade. If the weather here cooperates for a day or two I will get some better pictures outside and maybe a video of me not crashing it. I still have some Piggly Wiggly bags laying around here somewhere though...
Last edited by JoeScott70; Jan 29, 2018 at 03:29 AM.
Jun 22, 2018, 01:11 AM
Thread OP
ttt

Quick Reply