microvector set up ? - RC Groups
Jan 18, 2018, 06:51 AM
Discussion

microvector set up ?

how do you set this thing up without using an osd (cant be done). eagletree syes you can. HOW
yes you can set it up with a comp. but when you have an err code (I do) you need an osd. and I don't have an osd yet
so as im getting an err code i cant do a thing with it what do i do now?
and why put power wires on the output to the servoes when in the manual it syes not to hook them to servoes ?
but on youtube there are vids ppl are doing it. is it ok to do it or not.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2018, 06:49 AM
A good read of the manual will serve you well.

http://eagletreesystems.com/Manuals/MicroVector.pdf

"how do you set this thing up without using an osd"?
By using a computer as you said yourself.

Otherwise you have to wait until you have a monitor or some sort of display that accepts composite video display or video transmitter / receiver / display arrangement.
You don't even need a camera.

RE servo wires and power etc,
Power for your servos should come from an external power source such as BEC or ESC.
You should not power your servos from the PSU module even if you see Youtube videos doing so. I guess Eagletree as the manufacturer might know better than Youtubers about their own device.
You run the risk of overloading the PSU and shutting down the system in-flight resulting in a crash.

The cables with servo connectors should only be used for powering your camera and video transmitter.

Hope this helps some what.

Geoff

Quick Reply