Three wire IR RPM sensor voltage - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 18, 2018, 01:43 AM
Help!

Three wire IR RPM sensor voltage

I am making an RPM OXS Arduino sensor for FRsky S port and want to use the Eagletree three wire IR RPM sensor. The problem is I don't know if the power normally supplied by their data logger is voltage and current limited or if the sensor has a resistor built in it. Can anyone tel me the configuation of the sensor and its voltage and current requirements?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2018, 03:07 AM

Further investigation after no replies.

After getting no replies, I decided to cut off the shrink wrap around the IR sensor and investigate. For those who are interested, the sensor is actually a “OPB606A” that costs $1.16 from Digi-Key. As far as wiring goes there are no resistors or other components in there but it is wired backwards to normal convention which is why I could not get it to work with Openxsensor.
The red wire is connected to pins 2 and 4 which is the cathode of the IR LED and the emitter of the phototransistor. The black wire is connected to pin 3 the anode of the LED and the white wire is connected to pin 1 the phototransistor collector. So after destroying this one I can now make my own for a lot less.

Quick Reply