Jan 17, 2018, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
Contest

2019 US F-5J Team Selection Contest Solicitation

Greetings Glider Guiders-

The first ever F-5J World Championship will take place in 2019 and in order for the US to participate, a US National Team Selection Contest (TSC) has to occur this Summer. We worked hard with many interested parties and designated FAI Team Selection Committee Appointees from most AMA districts to develop the program plan. This plan defines the mechanism by which the US team will be selected : one 3 or 4 day contest to be held between July and September of even years for the WC the following odd years. At present, the plan must be considered unofficial until approved by AMA HQ, but since it includes a deadline for submission of Team Selection Contest proposals, I think it's best to throw it out there in advance so potential hosting organizations have a chance to think about it, look at their calendars' and put something together. While the full plan (preliminary) is included below, here are a few highlights :
- The TSC Hosting Organization may make a profit on the event. The boilerplate we derived this from forbid that, but we hope allowing the Hosts to profit will encourage more bids.
- The 2019 Team is self-funded, winners must be able to fund their own trip to Europe, however, there is no reason those that can't make the trip can't participate in the TSC as long as they abdicate their Team position immediately after the contest.
- The last day of the TSC will have all 15 minute rounds with all contestants participating (not just those that "made the finals")
- Site specific deviations/waivers are allowed if included in your proposal and approved.
- TSC proposals are requested by 31 March, 2018 .

Compared to say F-3J or F-3B, running an F-5J contest is a piece of cake. The "winch" is carried on the nose of the model and is very easy to transport. I would like to personally invite soaring groups and/or interested clubs to download and review the program plan, review the FAI-F5J rules here : https://www.fai.org/sites/default/fi...lectric_18.pdf and consider placing a bid. Any questions or comments plz feel free to add to this thread or approach me directly. I promise all proposals will get a fair shake and be voted on by the full F5TSC.

Very Respectfully,

Steve P. Manganelli, US FAI F-5 Team Selection Committee Chair,
E-mail : [email protected]
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply