Jan 17, 2018, 09:12 PM
Thread OP
New Product

ZTW Powerful King 300A 14S ESC for your loved boat

After almost two years of testing by our R&D and clients, the quality and performance of Seal 300A with high voltage(14S) has been approved.

Strong hardware and advance software, reduce damage possibility with high load obviously while output violent power.And you will see the industrial level waterproof design can protext the esc well even at extreme environment.
Maybe you are looking for something good, safe and stable for your loved boat, then this one is your best choice.

And to make sure the fast delivery time for our clients, now we are making some stocks of our Seal 300A 14S boat escs. Who comes first, who enjoy the market soon, let your order hit me just like downpour.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2018, 02:11 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Specs please?
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Jan 22, 2018, 05:42 AM
Platinum Card Member
See below. I bought one recently for a jet driven SUP board project, but haven't tried it yet. Seems to be well made.
Jan 22, 2018, 01:59 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Thx. I just found more data here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ZTW-630...-/152754882498

That's a dangerously low maximum cut-off voltage as far as the health of Li-Po packs go. They need a higher option than 3.2v.
Jan 22, 2018, 02:54 PM
Platinum Card Member
Yes, that would be nice, but no need for worry. Most add-on auto cutoffs are preset at 3.2v, and when they are adjustable they are typically programmable from 2.7v to 3.6v. If you cut it off at 3.2v your lipos are safe. If you have it set to reduce power at 3.2v, you'd better be near shore.

I did notice it says 350 burst current in ads, while the literature I was given said 1000A. But the representative assured me it was now 1000A. We'll see. As you know, a big jet drive can eat amps.
Last edited by sundogz; Jan 22, 2018 at 03:06 PM.
Jan 22, 2018, 06:31 PM
Just Plane Nutts
3.2v is dangerously close to 3.0v, the range where you can cause permanent damage to a pack. You can get down there just limping back after the LCV engages. If your ESC has a 3.4v or 3.5v option, use it. I've seen a lot of arguments about cut off levels.

We had some discussion on the topic here some time ago (Start at post 15871 by Kayaker)) : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hread/page1058

The difference in burst limit ratings varies with time. The 350A mark is possibly for 20-30 seconds, while the very high 1000A burst may only be for a few seconds. The lower spec is the more useful one. The other is just to make the unit look better.

It's a sort of cheat to make the ESC sound better, like those cheap car amps that claim 1000 watts of power but really only put out 25 or so watts continuously. They just give a millisecond peak rating without any duration spec, which is worthless. They know the average layman will just look at the watt rating.

Also similar to those common "320A" brushed motor ESCs that sell for $15. Just a peak spec.. They handle something closer to 40A.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jan 23, 2018 at 12:07 AM.
Jan 22, 2018, 10:27 PM
Platinum Card Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe View Post
The difference in burst limit ratings varies with time. The 350A mark is possibly for 20-30 seconds, while the very high 1000A burst may only be for a few seconds. The lower spec is the more useful one. The other is just to make the unit look better.
Well, not just for 'looks', it is insurance really. Nice to know if you get in a bind it won't immediately let out the magic smoke. I've asked Steven Tang at ZTW if there could be a way to change the software to offer 3.4 and 3.6 cutoffs, and it appears that there may be. We're waiting on a reply from their software engineer. Good to know the company is this responsive and only an email away. We'll see, I'll keep you posted.
Jan 23, 2018, 10:57 AM
Platinum Card Member
Done. Their software engineers will change the low voltage cutoff points to include 3.4v and 3.6v and it can be done either by the LCD programmer or computer. That kind of service is certainly welcome in my world and somewhat lacking with many businesses in the hobby profession.

Again, looking forward to giving this a try. My 3D printed 65mm jet drive SUP board project has moved up from the summer agenda to the spring. I'll be posting it in the Jet Drive Boats forum here on RCG soon.
Jan 23, 2018, 03:12 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Good show. You may have just saved, or at least extended the lives of countless innocent battery packs .... And Kudos to them for the fast and positive response to a problem.

Quick Reply