Skyzone SKY03 5.8G 48CH 3D FPV Goggles

The SKY03 goggles from Skyzone have just about every feature in the book. Take a look...

Splash

Skyzone SKY03 is released!

When I came across this Skyzone goggle I was interested to see what features it had and was surprised to see that it had just about everything I look for in a set of goggles. These come in at $457.

From Skyzone

The Skyzone SKY03 is a set of 5.8G 48CH 3D FPV Goggles. Skyzone SKY03 is integrated with two 5.8GHz wireless receiver modules, two independently- working display modules and new DVR system, it supports both 2D and 3D display modes. The wireless receiver system can work in the diversity receiver mode to improve the receiving effect.

With the SCAM303 3D camera and the conventional 5.8G transmitter, you will get a truly unique head tracking FPV experience. SKY03 keeps all the previous features, such as 3D/2D mode, built-in DVR with playback, head tracking, built-in front camera etc. Compared with the old version, SKY03 is equipped with a heat-sink fan to prevent fogging, and it supports multiple LED light effect mode, also the one-key automatic channel search function is improved, it is faster than the previous version.

New DVR Features

• High-quality H.246 video compression technology for more storage space
  • Supports 128GB high-capacity memory card(UHS-I U1)
  • Automatic video recording.

Features:

• Head Tracking Function: Skyzone SKY03 gives you a truly unique head tracking FPV experience.
  • Dual Antenna Receiver Module: ISM 5.8GHz 48CH diversity receiver module with dual antennas.
  • Front Camera: Enabling to observe surroundings very easily without taking off the goggles.
  • Multiple LED Light: Multiple LED light effect mode support.
  • Up to 43 Degree FOV: Precision aspherical lens providing FOV up to 43 degrees without distortion.
  • Binocular Display: SVGA 800X600 resolution, binocular display.
  • Intimate Design of Human Mechanics: High elasticity, soft and comfortable.
  • Built-in heat-sink fan to prevent fogging
  • Automatic video recording
  • Support HDMI, DVR, AV IN/OUT

Included:

• 1 x SKY03 FPV Goggles
  • 1 x Futaba data cable
  • 1 x JR data cable
  • 2 x 5.8G 2dBi antenna
  • 1 x AV cable
  • 1 x Power cable
  • 3 x Goggles Pad
  • 1 x Carry case

Photos

Learn More

Head over to Foxtech to learn more about this unit.

Jan 17, 2018, 04:20 PM
Ok send them to me Ill give them a try
Jan 18, 2018, 05:10 AM
Will be interesting to see what people think of these in use. They're not a budget option, that's for sure.

As an aside I had a front facing camera on my first 'box' headset. Seemed like a great idea at the time but in reality I never used it. So it's not something I'd personally look for.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jan 18, 2018, 11:41 AM
There are a few videos out there but not enough to give confidence to get this. About $650 Canadian. I'm waiting for one of the well known reviewers to give these a hard look and thumbs up or down. Unless someone would like to give an old guy who flys drones a pair to review!
Jan 18, 2018, 09:44 PM
Thelongranger
The people i know that use the v2s seem to really like them. May pick these up when avialable.
Jan 21, 2018, 11:21 PM
What a waste of money... there is no more then $50 worth of gear in that and to ask $650....
Jan 24, 2018, 12:41 PM
Seems expensive particularly with the DJI™ Goggles Racing Edition not far off the price with much better 1080p screens and support for both high definition Ocusync Air video and lower resolution analogue video systems. The DJI goggles are big for a portable setup but this is the direction FPV video manufacturers need to be heading. I got tired of low resolution analogue video transmission sometime ago.
Jan 24, 2018, 12:50 PM
The V2 Aomway Commanders are due out in March ... will be interesting to see how those compare.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jan 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
They look nice, but, too rich for me.
Jan 24, 2018, 05:30 PM
Nev
Those look cool. It’s only a matter of time before all manufacturers have new generation goggles to offer. BUT expect to pay through the nose to be an early adopter as always. Will be interesting to see what’s coming from all manufacturers in the coming months. Personally I can not justify the small feature jump and minute picture improvement for the giant incremental cost. Eventually HD cams, VTX, RX and HD goggles will be the norm until then I will remain a laggard however if I try something and it blows me away I have been know to be an early adopter !

Oh The RC Addiction !
Last edited by Nev1; Jan 24, 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Jan 25, 2018, 09:43 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapilot
The people i know that use the v2s seem to really like them. May pick these up when avialable.
I love my V2s! When they recently died I considered the V3s but they are VGA (4:3). The V2s are WVGA (16:9) and work great with my 16:9 cameras. I contacted Skyzone and they told me to mail them to them and they'd fix them! The one thing I don't like about the V2s is the DVR. It records in a bunch of small separate files so playback is a PITA!

Quick Reply