Jan 25, 2018, 05:32 PM
tomanet
Hi Ken.

I use kst x08 v5 on ailerons and mksD65k on tails as you can see. I have them at home (bought it time ago ) and decide to use them here.

Kst's weights 8gr and mks 7 as I remember. Never used bluebird a10 but I think they will do the job perfectly. There's plenty of room to use different servos easily.

RX will be frsky TFR4B FASST and battery 1s 600mah lipo.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2018, 05:38 PM
tomanet
Oh , and tailservos are in front, rear ones are for ailerons.
Jan 25, 2018, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomanet
Oh , and tailservos are in front, rear ones are for ailerons.
I see that now jumped over that photo. Like the idea of the balls on the inside making sure the is no interference. Looks real good install.

Ken
Jan 29, 2018, 07:56 PM
Beautiful build I want to ask about the flaperons While watching a build video for the Vortec DLG https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3-build-thread. He was installing the ailerons servos with the servos at neutral and the ailerons themselves at 13mm down.
I want to ask is this how you install your ailerons? I understand why he is doing this, as to get full throw on the flaperons

Thanks
Ken
Feb 03, 2018, 02:31 PM
Not news? No comments?

Ken
Feb 03, 2018, 02:58 PM
tomanet
Hi ken. Sorry for delay.

Yes, I did aileron setup with a bit of down ailerons and then adjusted with radio. Tomorrow I will maiden the plane. These days bad weather, rain,wind and veeery cold.

After maiden I will post impressions and feeling.
Feb 03, 2018, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomanet
Hi ken. Sorry for delay.

Yes, I did aileron setup with a bit of down ailerons and then adjusted with radio. Tomorrow I will maiden the plane. These days bad weather, rain,wind and veeery cold.

After maiden I will post impressions and feeling.
Great where you at? You can post your location under setup.

Looking forward to your comments.

Ken
Feb 05, 2018, 11:29 AM
tomanet
Hi all!

Yesterday maidened my fireblade 2.5. The day was cold and sunny with no wind.
Some hand throws to check controls,once all proven first launch and went up straight and at good height. Put some camber (3mm) and floats and floats..easy to fly and very stable. Just two cliks of up elevator and thats all.
As the day passed some wind began to blow until 3-4m/s , some good thermals and a bit of turbulence. Glider handle it very easy and well and got some very good flights. Aileron control system works smooth and very precise.
Can't wait to fly it again in different conditions but I like this plane A LOT. Excellent model, easy to fly and with awesome fit,finish and performance.
Feb 05, 2018, 06:59 PM
Excellent report beautiful model and a very nice clean install. I want to to get two less expensive models first to learn on, then move up.
Keep the reports and photos coming.

Thanks,
Ken
Feb 06, 2018, 05:28 AM
Hi folks,

I finally got to maiden my Fireblade 2.5.

I'm fairly new to this so not a massive launch! Lol

Fireblade 2.5 Maiden Launch (1 min 28 sec)
Feb 16, 2018, 08:17 PM
Anyone flying, building these or similar models in the Austin, San Antonio area feeling lonely out here.

Ken
Feb 17, 2018, 03:26 PM

Servo whine?

Hi, guys. I just finished my Fireblade 2.5 and am having quite a bit of servo whine. I believe it's from the rudder and elevator servos that are under tension due to the spring hinges. Anyone else having this issue? Any recommendations on how to get it fixed?

I haven't flown my new bird yet, but it sure is beautiful. Weighs in a 9 oz. I had to put an 1/8 oz. weight in the nose to hit a CG of 68mm from LE. Feels right, but am open to suggestions before I toss it.

Thanks for any responses.

Ford
Feb 17, 2018, 04:17 PM
Subliminal User
Servos?
Feb 18, 2018, 04:23 AM
Yes, of course it would be interesting, which servos you use, Ford.
If you use KST X08, I would say, they whine from time to time.
Some other pilots had that issue, me too at one of my older Fireblades.
But when the plane is about 100m high...I can’t hear the whine anymore ;-)

Quick Reply