Fireblade 2.5 F3K - RC Groups

Fireblade 2.5 F3K

The new Fireblade 2.5 is looking pretty good and it's available right now. They've made some great improvements to the fit, finish and quality of the model and it has some fantastic features from the factory.

Splash

Fireblade 2.5's are In Stock

The new Fireblade 2.5 is looking pretty good and it's available right now. They've made some improvements to the fit, finish and quality of the model and it has some fantastic features from the factory. It has a longer tail boom and a shorter nose, a 4-in-the-pod servo arrangement with a molded carbon servo tray and servo straps.

It has an easy fit vertical stab, pre-made aileron torque rods, a carbon tube channel for the aileron linkages and a pre-cut slot for the throwing peg, all of which will make finally assembly a piece of cake. It also offers a quick change ballast system and the wings and tails are made in new molds with solid core rohacell construction. The Fireblade 2.5 should provide excellent performance and you can get one right now for $749.99.

Checkout the Fireblade 2.5 here

GCM Fireblade 2.5 F3K (17 min 14 sec)

Jan 17, 2018, 11:52 AM
Helpful video! I'll be putting mine together soon as well.
Jan 18, 2018, 04:58 AM
Cool video
Well, as an owner of the Fireblade 2.5 I can say, that it is by far the best one and I have got 3 of them.
My "queen of stiffness" launches to the moon and behaves nice and gentle.
Jan 18, 2018, 12:09 PM
Just say no to quadcopters
Wow. Beautiful execution
Jan 18, 2018, 01:06 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Isn't there any concern about the pod being 2.4 friendly with a carbon fiber servo tray?
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older
Jan 18, 2018, 02:08 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
Isn't there any concern about the pod being 2.4 friendly with a carbon fiber servo tray?

#whiskers I guess....
Jan 18, 2018, 02:25 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
#whiskers I guess....
Whiskers with a slip on nose cone... That seems like a pain. If I were them, Id make that servo tray out of G10. It looks like the rest of the nose is Kevlar with black coloring.
Jan 18, 2018, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
Whiskers with a slip on nose cone... That seems like a pain. If I were them, Id make that servo tray out of G10. It looks like the rest of the nose is Kevlar with black coloring.
not sure why it would be an issue - SNIPE have more carbon on the nose than this tray concept and there are very few issues with shielding etc
Jan 18, 2018, 02:52 PM
Time for me to Fly...
If it works for you, great. I’m just a bit picky about things when it comes to radio signal. With all else being 2.4 safe on the plane, I’d make my servo tray out of something else.... just for peace of mind.
Jan 18, 2018, 03:21 PM
I was flying last season with this carbon fiber servo tray. I do not notice any problems with 2,4 signal, also when flying on WCH in Lviw.
Jan 19, 2018, 12:33 AM
No whiskers necessary, two of my Fireblades have that carbon tray and I never had issues during the contest seasons.
Jan 21, 2018, 07:07 PM
Any detailed build videos available?

Ken
Jan 22, 2018, 05:47 AM
tomanet
Hi all.

Just started to build mine and take some photos of build process. There's not much to do on this plane, some steps came done from factory.

Fit and finish is excellent, strong and light parts and very shiny and smooth. Wing and tails are solid core with CW40 carbon.
Jan 22, 2018, 05:58 AM
tomanet
I started with wings installing ball links for aileron controls.

Make an slot on the wing root to let it move easy with dremel.

Then drilled a hole with 2mm drill on the aileron, insert it and glue with epoxy. It's important that both ball links came alligned between them.

Once epoxy is cured, install aileron gap seal provided with the kit,glue the peg in position and wing is done.
Jan 23, 2018, 07:31 AM
Can you show we’re the ailerons pushrods exit the fuselage?

Ken

Quick Reply