This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 16, 2018, 09:41 PM
Mini-Review

FuriBee H801 ( WIFI )

AF link to product page

If you hate AF links = https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_767496.html

I ordered the FuriBee H801 from gearbest before Christmas and at last I have time to have some fun .

In a nutshell what we have is a micro quad with a WIFI camera for FPV that runs a small 1s battery .
Nice thing about this one is the protocol it uses , ( Bayang / Bayang ) allowing the H801 to be bound to a better transmitter .
In this case my Taranis Q x7 with IRX4+ multi protocol module .
I have not flown the H801 with the factory transmitter ( game pad ) .
First thing I did was bind it to my Taranis .

Whats interesting about the H801 is all the features it has .
Function: one key return / 360 degree flip / headless mode / compass mode
Compass Mode ? = I should probably read the instructions ( probably ) .
Can be flown VIA WIFI device ( Android ) , but my phone is not so great for this sort of thing ( been there tried that ) .

What have I learned so far ?

FPV :
I can not FPV due to the lag my Android phone has showing / displaying the video stream .. The lag spikes are enormous .
But for some strange reason , I can record video just fine .. Video Lags recording or not on the screen ( must be my phone ) .

FuriBee H801 Video lag ( My android phone ) (1 min 25 sec)

Video shows my phone lagging ..

Recording :

Now if you fly the H801 normal ( Not FPV ) it's just like any other micro quad that flies well . I havent as yet fully explored the flight envelope but the H801 behaves really well bound to the Taranis . Next video is the first outside flight . Two video's in one .. Action cam and WIFI recording .

FuriBee H801 outside ( First time outside ) (2 min 20 sec)

FuriBee H801 .
Something not mentioned is that the H801 is altitude hold .. So to arm the H801 move the throttle up and down and the motors will fire up . Because its altitude hold you need to center your throttle stick . Push the stick up to get the H801 to fly higher or pull it down to get the H801 to land or fly lower .
As for flight time , I have not gotten better than 3 minutes . At the end of the battery the H801 does a very nice landing unlike some other quads that just fall out of the sky . ( Its nice ) .
Also another nice feature is the automatic motor shut down when you crash .. ( Very nice )
Another nice thing is the price GB has on the H801 ... $27 USD ... Making the H801 rather affordable ..

Now I have to say that for $27 USD the Furibee H801 is a lot of fun for the money .
With my Android phone I can not FPV .. Massive lag spikes ... ( But you may have a much better Android or what ever ) Mine is a cheap nasty one that was just meant to be a phone ..
The App , you need the furibee app . I have tried other apps and they don't work .
The camera / lens ... This sample is out of focus for infinity , works ok close - but infinity bites !

Over all , for the money that the H801 is selling for , I would recommend it ( maybe not for FPV ) . I can't say WIFI is that great for FPV unless you have a really good WIFI device that does not suffer lag . But so far my experience has been trouble / frustration free and the H801 has only put a smile on this old dial .

So take a look at the Furibee H801 , https://goo.gl/UyseZS ( AF Link )
Non AF link - https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_767496.html
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply