This thread is privately moderated by HobbyKing_Ian, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 08, 2021, 01:05 AM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmidtsKatze
HK, I just went to order a green EFXtra from the EU warehouse, but it was gone. And it's not even listed for the EU warehouse! Please bring them back!

I have been reading about stock problems for a while now, and taking it with a grain of salt. But now I think there is a serious problem. There is NO EFXtra stuff in the warehouse(except props - which I would order with the plane, if the plane were in stock..), OR like any decent 4S 2200s... Among other things.
Herrsavage -relax, shipping in bulk takes much, much longer these days.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2021, 06:16 AM

I have kept an eye on stock in the EU warehouse pretty closely for years now, and it has never been like this.

Also, it used to be that if something was not in stock in the EU warehouse, it was blocked so you couldn't add it to your cart, but you could sign up for an alert when it comes back in stock. Now the green EFXtra for ex. isn't even listed as being available in the EU at all...(no EFXtra is...) Maybe the website has changed - just want to make sure the EFXtra comes back to the EU.... (and a lot of other stuff...)

They are sending these discount sale codes from time to time for various holidays, but the amount you have to order has gone up ($200), while what they actually have in stock to order has gone down... I was thinking about ordering the Vampire, but they didn't even have little odds and ends I need...(Y-cables, Uhu-por, Frsky receivers, Turnigy HD 4S 2200s, etc etc...)
Sep 08, 2021, 07:50 AM
Quote:
it has never been like this.
There have never been trade wars, tariffs, pandemics, etc like this before so yeah, there's all that to consider.

Rob
HK NY
Sep 08, 2021, 11:50 PM
I thought we were a few months beyond that. I guess not...

Also, while I saw pretty blatant issues with Horizon and a couple other RC companies in early to mid 2020, I made a few HK orders in the midst of the first lockdowns here in Europe and everything was fine. So I guess I assumed HK had weathered the storm better than others. I guess not on that one as well..

Of particular concern is the lack of lipos available. I don't think many people comprehend the lipo situation here. There is no CNHL or Liperior, etc.. It's Hobbyking, or some other dumb brand from a German shop which costs 3x as much(and likely not as good...)* It's great to see HK releasing new planes(like that new business jet or the Galloping Ghost, though those planes don`t interest me.. Nor do trade wars etc.. seem to have affected their release..), but - again - as somebody who has kept a close eye on availability etc.. over the last several years, the current stock situation in the EU is dire. And I know we can no longer order from the UK due to Brexit, but still, that is yet another reduction in what is available to us here in Europe... And I stand by my observation that it is a bit absurd that the new discount codes are for orders of only $200 or more, but there is less and less stuff to fill up an order, if say you are ordering a $142 plane... - And yes, that is even with the prices of planes having gone up, that $142 plane costing 10 bucks more than it did a month ago... - I actually had the candy dropper for my Tundra in my cart for a moment, and I never even fly my Tundra!... (I have a garage and half a house full of RC stuff from HK I bought but probably didn't really need....)

* I ordered a Zippy 4S 3300 last year, and would really like a second and maybe a third as it is now a much more relevant size lipo for me, including to use in parallel in one or two planes, but it is no longer listed as even available in the EU... So I have kind of a dumb one-off lipo.. It's a relatively minor thing, I know. But 2-3 years ago it would still have been possible to sign up for an alert when it comes back in stock in the EU. Now it's just listed as in China, and I'll never order from there. With no idea if it is ever coming back to the EU... And I think that is kind of the worrying issue: not knowing if any of the stuff I care about is ever coming back in stock... The EFXtra being at the top of the list fwiw...
Last edited by SchmidtsKatze; Sep 09, 2021 at 12:01 AM.
Sep 09, 2021, 07:37 AM
Quote:
I thought we were a few months beyond that. I guess not...
I wish.

We will be getting better stock of lipos in all warehouses soon. There are lots of complications regarding "Dangerous Goods" but we're sorting them.

Rob
HK NY

Quick Reply