May 15, 2018, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonfire
Sorry dude, didn't mean to offend. I'm sure you're a nice guy, just sounded like you were being a little rude to 1rcgroup, and I'm sure that's not what you meant to sound like.
Its all good - His reply was as useful as the clearview module.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2018, 09:31 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Sorry dude, didn't mean to offend. I'm sure you're a nice guy, just sounded like you were being a little rude to 1rcgroup, and I'm sure that's not what you meant to sound like.
I never offend...I was being (trying) comical
There are a lot of experts on here (lol) that have no clue on
iftron background and/or not familiar
with their VERY HIGH quality products...

There is a reason why this DOM module is $100+ more expensive
then highly-reviewed anticipated RapidFire module coming from ImmRC.
Have you seen the OSD on a CV? Its fukNG* nice....

....ie....1.3 XLR GS it has a bar graph for EACH antenna strength on the OSD and tells you
which one is active....and more!!!! Thats just one example. I've flown my
3m SemiCarbon Glider @45miles one way and its important for me to know (or nice to know)
which antenna was working via goggle!
Last edited by rclab1; May 18, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
May 16, 2018, 07:35 AM
^^ I am hear to learn my form buddy. I get you have been around here for a while and use your words as help so I can progress into the hobby at a fast pace. It is just funny that these products are smoke screened. Things are a mystery - Makes me think of the man behind the curtain (when reading some of these threads). I might not have many posts on the form but understand the years of work to bring something to market. Its not easy stuff - With that said, I am just wanting to hear more because clearview groundstation is the only option that "currently" works best. Just can't bring myself to looking like a land surveyor when flying my quads (which brings me to this thread).
May 16, 2018, 08:14 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcgroup
^^ I am hear to learn my form buddy. I get you have been around here for a while and use your words as help so I can progress into the hobby at a fast pace. It is just funny that these products are smoke screened. Things are a mystery - Makes me think of the man behind the curtain (when reading some of these threads). I might not have many posts on the form but understand the years of work to bring something to market. Its not easy stuff - With that said, I am just wanting to hear more because clearview groundstation is the only option that "currently" works best. Just can't bring myself to looking like a land surveyor when flying my quads (which brings me to this thread).

I hear you!
...from the response that I got, they are re-doing the boards.
Its coming in probably less then a months time.

The only thing I dislike is that lame wire that stretches across the front for more power.
The HDO fixes it, but I do not know if that lame power wire will be gone...

I'm waiting too as I've got to keep up with the Jones-eees',
but I will definitely use it on my fixed-wings for RANGE with some newer
TrueRC 5.8 antennas I received.

P.S.
I've only used 5.8 as a GS 'repeater' to a 1.3 GS XLR....LOL...
5.8 sucks for what I do around my parts.
Sshhhhhhhhhhh.
We'll see if this newer MODULE will work for me
May 16, 2018, 08:17 AM
^^ I understand that if you are flying extremely long distances, the game changes, and I see nothing wrong with the groundstation. It's the guys that want better clarity, that are staying within 1/2mile range that its a toss up. Hope they come out with a good product because that is only going to help drive the evolution of the products to follow.
May 18, 2018, 03:14 PM
New Clearview update for those of you not following along on facebook

"Small" batch of boards will be in next week.

Bigger order will "immediately" follow that will be big enough to fill all the orders so far.

Sending out some "generous" token of gratitude being sent to people who preordered. No idea what that means or if GetFPV pre-orders count. Maybe they will be including two modules so it's the same price as a rapidfire... lol
May 20, 2018, 02:09 PM
Is there an expected video comparison to be released within the next few weeks?
May 21, 2018, 09:12 AM
Yeah, back on May 1st they said they were sending a new fixed module to Joshua Bardwell and just this week Bardwell is in China testing the rapidfire and it sounded he might be taking one home. Hopefully that means his comparison review isn't too far away.
May 21, 2018, 09:24 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
If bardwell is going to use his place for a test, it probably wont show that much diff.
Im waiting for head to head tests of these new receivers in areas that have trouble with RF interference and multipathing, not a sparse forest on a country lane.
May 21, 2018, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
If bardwell is going to use his place for a test, it probably wont show that much diff.
Im waiting for head to head tests of these new receivers in areas that have trouble with RF interference and multipathing, not a sparse forest on a country lane.
That's a good point. Bardwell's test does have it's merits though and I think it's a good comparison benchmark. Where's the worst place you can imagine for multipath? Metal gymnasium maybe? I've got a pre-order out for a rapidfire and a clearview. I could theoretically go fly some places if iftron ever ships! IRC is saying they might be shipping to distributors as early as the end of this week.
May 21, 2018, 04:46 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Worst? (Or actually best to show performance differences) Urban parking garage, or urban metal corrugated commercial buildings.
May 31, 2018, 02:21 PM
I know its NOT the CV module....however Ifron claims the CVM will work as well or better then the ground station? So this video shows the CV technology is either fantastic OR the Duo sucks!

5.8GHz FPV receiver comparison: Clearview Pro vs. ImmersionRC Duo5800 (3 min 58 sec)
May 31, 2018, 02:43 PM
Yeah, clearview has always been amazing. The duo is just the same as every other receiver out there.

I really like how he did the side by side video comparison though! We need to get bardwell to do that when he does the CVG vs RapidFire test.
Jun 01, 2018, 05:42 AM
It would be nice
Jun 01, 2018, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Yeah, clearview has always been amazing. The duo is just the same as every other receiver out there.

I really like how he did the side by side video comparison though! We need to get bardwell to do that when he does the CVG vs RapidFire test.
That was neato and agree on good sir

Quick Reply