MJX Bugs 5W B5W 1080p30 1axis gimbal remotely tiltable camera *owners thread* - Page 9 - RC Groups
Jun 03, 2018, 10:31 AM
@Pixelpeter

Thanks for the info.. I am not only a rookie but don't know my G's.. Oops..

So guess I better go research the difference..

OK in case any one else is confused I found this................

***The 5.8g is used on remote control devices, TV video sender units etc

WiFi networking uses only 2.4 & 5GHz***

Be Well All
Last edited by GatorsFly; Jun 03, 2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added research findings
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2018, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsFly
@Pixelpeter

Thanks for the info.. I am not only a rookie but don't know my G's.. Oops..

So guess I better go research the difference..

OK in case any one else is confused I found this................

***The 5.8g is used on remote control devices, TV video sender units etc

WiFi networking uses only 2.4 & 5GHz***

Be Well All
There is 5.8gHz FPV, but that's the 'normal' FPV stuff (here) with which you can get decent range, contrary to the 5G wifi FPV (used with phones) which has limited range. Most RC transmitters work on 2.4 gHz which can be influenced by domestic wifi networks and such.

B5W is 5G
Jun 03, 2018, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
There is 5.8gHz FPV, but that's the 'normal' FPV stuff (here) with which you can get decent range, contrary to the 5G wifi FPV (used with phones) which has limited range. Most RC transmitters work on 2.4 gHz which can be influenced by domestic wifi networks and such.

B5W is 5G
Just to add here...5.8 gHz FPV can also be influenced negatively by domestic broadcasting devices...just not as much (for now, at least) as the 2.4 gHz.
Jun 07, 2018, 01:26 AM
New coupon from tomtop
coupon MJX152
price US$ 152.00 / 130,7€
LINK: https://spdurl.com/@b5w

BUGS 5 B5W - Prova di volo e range test (seconda parte) - Anteprima Italiana! (20 min 41 sec)
Last edited by Fanguru; Jun 07, 2018 at 03:46 AM.
Jun 09, 2018, 10:31 AM
I bought a Bugs 5W on Ebay 2 days ago, the price was $166.00 or best offer.
I submitted an offer of $155.00 and it was accepted a few hours later, the seller's name was miracdiam666, but when I received the email confirmation, it was from TomTop, so I guess they are either the same company, or work together.
I have had a few difficult times with TomTop previously, but they have already shipped, and USPS shows that the item was accepted in China.
I think that $155.00 was a great price, I'll let you know when I receive the Bugs.
Jun 09, 2018, 10:37 AM
Mine is apparently on its way from Tomtop, but they didn't even to bother to send me a message it was shipped. I pre-ordered when it became available at Tomtop
Jun 09, 2018, 09:27 PM

Bugs 5W now shipping

Hey guys,

I too have a B5W on the way from TomTop.
They did not notify me either. Never used them before.

I actually saw the B3 Pro was close and since I didn't care about the camera, I was going to cancel and pre-order the B3 Pro with the new bigger motors.

Then I saw it had been dispatched, so can't fight fate and just waiting the 25 days for the mailman to come.

Oh and I had paid the other price $165ish

Be Well All
Jun 10, 2018, 06:26 AM
Ordered mine last week, with the coupon from Quad 101, 122 bargain. However never used TomTop before but should be ok with PayPal, I guess? Also seems that luck is on my side, my archaic nexus 5 amazingly supports 8.011 ac, happy days!
Jun 10, 2018, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arripay
Ordered mine last week, with the coupon from Quad 101, 122 bargain. However never used TomTop before but should be ok with PayPal, I guess? Also seems that luck is on my side, my archaic nexus 5 amazingly supports 8.011 ac, happy days!
TomTop seems to be a legit place, but their after-order communication is atrocious. Even worse is their packing for shipment. I've ordered several quads and other items from them and they've ALL come in bubble wrap envelopes or plain paper over the item box. There were no shipping boxes at all. All of the item boxes were crushed in shipment...but very fortunately, no damage was done to the contents. Lucky for me.

Strange company.....

Mud
Jun 10, 2018, 09:42 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
HobbyWOW has them for $147

https://www.hobbywow.com/en-mjx-b5w-...tf-p246028.htm
Jun 10, 2018, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
Who or what is HobbyWOW? Legit?
Jun 11, 2018, 12:22 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
yes legit. good service / good feedback, been in business since 2012.
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 11, 2018 at 12:27 AM.
Jun 11, 2018, 07:18 AM

Hobby Wow

Yes..
I used them last month and received a well packaged SJRC S70W.

Only negative was they use FedEx for quick ship. 3 days to Cleveland.... Great right.. 12 hours to Orlando..also great.. 45 miles from our place.. 4 days to come 45 miles..

Sorry.. not my idea of quick ship.. Next time I will do postal express.. Even if they handed off to "pony express"... It would be faster then FedEx..

Be Well All

P S

Might not want to use BangGood for Bugs replacement parts.. Ordered upper and lower shells.. Arrived broken. Plus was cheap imatations.. Props were cheap knock offs and spun on.. (however they fly just fine) the replacement screw kits were impressively bagged in separate little sorted bags... But.. Not one of the screw groups were actual match for original ones.. Just saying...
Last edited by GatorsFly; Jun 11, 2018 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Jun 13, 2018, 12:01 PM
My B5W arrived; pre-ordered from Tomtop

Wow, it takes forever to charge that battery
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jun 13, 2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: adding
Jun 13, 2018, 05:21 PM

Received Bugs 5W

Hey PP,

Can I ask if you paid for a shipping upgrade.. If you didn't then do you recall what number your purchase was.

I took what there site meant.. 500 units either available or at discount and then return to regular price.. Anyway my # was 497...

Thanks

Be Well All
Last edited by GatorsFly; Jun 13, 2018 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply