MJX Bugs 5W B5W 1080p30 1axis gimbal remotely tiltable camera *owners thread* - Page 4 - RC Groups
Feb 02, 2018, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak78
I see some misunderstood here between 5G (Fifth Generation of Cellular Technology) and 5Ghz (Five Gigahertz or 802.11 a/c) technology as the 5Ghz technology really not a new technology, Or it is just me? Event those DJI use the 5 Ghz for their FPV.
2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz wifi bandwidth difference just more like UHF vs VHF in radio bandwidth.

As some one told in other thread that "Wifi FPV systems are a gimmick to sell quads to people that like to use their cell phones for everything. They never have very good range and the lag(time from picture transmission to reception) can be terrible. I have read of wifi systems getting maybe up to 300 meter range, but I get up to 1600 meter range with the 5.8ghz FPV system on my B2W."

But FPV-ing with wifi still fun to do so that you can know what your drone shoot at when recording video. But for more better range it was not bad idea to attach individual real 5.8Ghz camera while you shooting with the drone's camera.
This might give you all a good comparison of the 2.4 vs. 5.6..... http://telecom.hellodirect.com/docs/...y.1.031903.asp Theoretically, 2.4 has slightly better range than the 5.6.

But the 802.11a/c protocol was not released until 2013. Devices using this protocol, sometimes called "Wave 2" devices, were not produced until 2014. (My phone is older than that.)

The DJI aircraft have automatic sensing (I think can be forced, tho') of available bands. Their craft have both 2.4 and 5.6 GHz transmission capabilities.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2018, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide
This might give you all a good comparison of the 2.4 vs. 5.6..... http://telecom.hellodirect.com/docs/...y.1.031903.asp Theoretically, 2.4 has slightly better range than the 5.6.

But the 802.11a/c protocol was not released until 2013. Devices using this protocol, sometimes called "Wave 2" devices, were not produced until 2014. (My phone is older than that.)

The DJI aircraft have automatic sensing (I think can be forced, tho') of available bands. Their craft have both 2.4 and 5.6 GHz transmission capabilities.
The main reason for 5 GHz wifi fpv is interference.

A 2.4 GHz wifi signal is vulnerable to interference both from the transmitter itself, which uses 2.4 to control the aircraft and from the hundreds of nearby wifi networks when you fly in a populated area.

While many people use 5 GHz wifi at home too, it doesn't really reach very far outside the house.

Still, a phone with ac wifi isn't exactly top of the line now. You could buy a budget Samsung for very little money.

I bought my Nexus 5x for 250 USD two years ago.
Feb 07, 2018, 10:25 AM
can a dedicated hi feq receiver module be used, then connect to a nice led hd monitor?

Is this new 5 series drone avail yet, if so at what uk online price?

Any news on a multi waypoint s/w update?
Feb 07, 2018, 10:29 AM
No, the Bugs 5W hasn't surfaced anywhere just yet, not even for pre-order.
Feb 07, 2018, 11:23 AM

New Bugs 5 Review

Just came across this review of the new Bugs 5W

http://www.dronesglobe.com/review/mjx-bugs-5w/
Feb 07, 2018, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kens65fb
Just came across this review of the new Bugs 5W

http://www.dronesglobe.com/review/mjx-bugs-5w/
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=38
Feb 07, 2018, 03:17 PM
Looks like a competitor for the Bugs B2W
Last edited by kens65fb; Feb 07, 2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: ...
Feb 07, 2018, 05:10 PM
I don't get how they manage to downgrade the range? Bugs2 will go over mile and this B5 will go 500? Come on MJX engineers.
I won't pay for any unnecessary downgrade. If I need to pay more I want more.
Feb 07, 2018, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullken
The main reason for 5 GHz wifi fpv is interference.

A 2.4 GHz wifi signal is vulnerable to interference both from the transmitter itself, which uses 2.4 to control the aircraft and from the hundreds of nearby wifi networks when you fly in a populated area.

While many people use 5 GHz wifi at home too, it doesn't really reach very far outside the house.

Still, a phone with ac wifi isn't exactly top of the line now. You could buy a budget Samsung for very little money.

I bought my Nexus 5x for 250 USD two years ago.
So....I can get a couple year old Samsung 7 for $300 plus a (guessing) $250 Bugs5. Hmmm...at 550 bucks, I can get a nice, new Phantom with much better features (and will run on my just perfect older Samsung on 2.4). No thanks.
Feb 08, 2018, 03:04 AM
Quote:
So....I can get a couple year old Samsung 7 for $300 plus a (guessing) $250 Bugs5. Hmmm...at 550 bucks, I can get a nice, new Phantom with much better features (and will run on my just perfect older Samsung on 2.4). No thanks.
This is a really weird argument. This comes to mind: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-JpfZqn4.jpg

But sure, just ignoring the fact that in your example you ALSO get a really nice phone to replace your old crap phone, then just buy a Phantom?

The Bugs 5W is not a competitor to a DJI Phantom, at all. But I can't see the logic in your example since most people have phones newer than 2014 anyways.
Feb 08, 2018, 02:22 PM
Quote:
This is a really weird argument. This comes to mind: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-JpfZqn4.jpg

But sure, just ignoring the fact that in your example you ALSO get a really nice phone to replace your old crap phone, then just buy a Phantom?

The Bugs 5W is not a competitor to a DJI Phantom, at all. But I can't see the logic in your example since most people have phones newer than 2014 anyways.
Uh, Hull...appreciate the information that my phone is "old crap". I clearly didn't know that. And I gather that 300 bucks is nothing to you. Perhaps you'd consider a long-term loan to this old retired guy to supplement the Social Security fixed income.

I don't ignore facts. I ignore judgmental persons. Know any?
Feb 08, 2018, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Uh, Hull...appreciate the information that my phone is "old crap". I clearly didn't know that. And I gather that 300 bucks is nothing to you. Perhaps you'd consider a long-term loan to this old retired guy to supplement the Social Security fixed income.

I don't ignore facts. I ignore judgmental persons. Know any?
Ok, now I feel like an ahole... sorry!

On the contrary, I'm on a really tight drone budget, so no DJI stuff for me. I'm hoping that the Bugs 5W will be sold at the same price as the 2W (which it should replace, with the Bugs 2 SE).

I still don't think it's a fair comparison to equal a Bugs + a new phone to a Phantom (standard I guess), because you need a newer phone with the Phantom anyway to keep the app from crashing all the time.
Feb 08, 2018, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Ok, now I feel like an ahole... sorry!

On the contrary, I'm on a really tight drone budget, so no DJI stuff for me. I'm hoping that the Bugs 5W will be sold at the same price as the 2W (which it should replace, with the Bugs 2 SE).

I still don't think it's a fair comparison to equal a Bugs + a new phone to a Phantom (standard I guess), because you need a newer phone with the Phantom anyway to keep the app from crashing all the time.
That's okay, bud. We're good.

I was not really comparing the two models. I was just doing a value v. feature comparison of investment in a quad. I can't afford either. And btw, I very much dislike DJI and how they handle their products. I wouldn't buy a Phantom from them for a gaggle of reasons.
Mar 05, 2018, 05:15 PM
...sure shoots sales of bugs2w in the ass -- all this launch delay - who is gonna buy a 2w when the same quad but with serious camera upgrades is just around the corner at an unknown price around $200>

Presumably this will replace 2w..
Apr 12, 2018, 04:47 AM
Looks like someone spotted the B5W on a techshow: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...B5W-First-Look

And the Bugs5 is now also listed with a price on a website ($208.99): https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MJX-...TF-395982.html

*edit: mmm, the B5W was definately listed on Banggood too ($199) but it looks like they've removed it. It's also gone from my BG 'wishlist'

Info taken from Geekbuying:

Brand: MJX R/C
Item Name: Bugs 5 W
Item No.: B5W
Color: Black
Wheelbase: 250mm
Quadcopter Size: 350 X 350 X 90mm
Quadcopter Weight: 400g
Frequency: 2.4G
Channel: 4CH
Gyro: 6-Axis
Camera: FHD 1080P
Image Sensor: 1/3.06 Inch;CMOS;8MP
Video Resolution: RAW 1080P@30fps;
Camera Adjustable Angle: 45
FPV Signal: 5G WIFI
APP: Bugs Go
Quadcopter Battery: 7.4V 1800mAh 25C (Included)
Flying Time: About 15-18mins
Charging Time: About 300mins
Transmitter: GR6221B
Transmitter Battery: 1.5V 4 X AA (Not Included)
R/C Distance: About 300-500m
FPV Distance: About 200-300m
Motor Type: Brushless
Motor: MT1806 1500KV
ESC: 6A Brushless
Package Size: 37*27.5*12.5CM
Package Weight: 1.305KG

Package Contents:
1 X MJX Bugs 5 W B5W RC Quadcopter(With 2Axis Gimble Camera) <<??
1 X Transmitter
1 X 7.4V 1800mAh 25C Battery
1 X Charger
4 X Propeller
1 X Manual

So looks like it's finally on its way.

The B2 is a great flier, so I'll surely be getting me one of these
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Apr 14, 2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: adding link & editing

Quick Reply