MJX Bugs 5W B5W 1080p30 1axis gimbal remotely tiltable camera *owners thread* - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 26, 2018, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Guess it'll be a bit more expensive than the B2W; hoping it'll be about the same tho

Surely 5.8gHz FPV would be fantastic, but that's only for us RC folk Not for Jo Public who'd like to use his phone
How to use Tablet, Phone Screen as FPV monitor, FPV Goggles (3 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2018, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbear
I know of those OTG FPV receivers for mobiles (I've got one/works great) but what I meant was that quad design is leaning more towards using a wifi mobile device for a screen as Jo Public already has one; no one except us RC folk will have 5.8gHz FPV monitors or OTG FPV receivers.
Jan 27, 2018, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Man this looks good but i think i will keep my cash for something else i bet you know what that is
Either something Airy or EVOlutionary I guess
Jan 27, 2018, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Either something Airy or EVOlutionary I guess
Airy
Jan 27, 2018, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Airy
Already had one twice in my shoppingcart but couldn't pull the trigger; too unclear yet what the repercussions are of the CE limitations ... meanwhile I keep an eye on the Evo, the GDU O2 and Walkera Peri. But I'll probably get the B5W anyways as it looks really promising
Jan 27, 2018, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Already had one twice in my shoppingcart but couldn't pull the trigger; too unclear yet what the repercussions are of the CE limitations ... meanwhile I keep an eye on the Evo, the GDU O2 and Walkera Peri. But I'll probably get the B5W anyways as it looks really promising
By the time banggood have the Air in stock there should be CE range tests out by then so lets hope it's good enough and yeah the GDU O2 looks good too.
Jan 27, 2018, 05:14 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Get rid of the camera or give us the option of 720p @ 60fps instead of 1080 at 30fps for a start. So far the claimed 1080p camera offerings in this end of the market has been dramatically poor beaten easily by some dirt cheap action cameras, plus coupled with the current flaky 5Ghz boards floating around China right now it will no doubt be locked to some higher end frequency and have no option to change channel, which will kill prospective sales like the ex1/haxx etc is seeing now.
The sooner someone figures out how to hack the 5g channel the better.
Feb 01, 2018, 06:09 AM
Some more info: http://www.dronesglobe.com/review/mjx-bugs-5w/
Feb 01, 2018, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullken
I do hope they're right when talking about the camera:

"... a brand new dedicated camera. We are talking about a 1/3-inch 8MPX CMOS sensor. It takes brilliant selfies with none of that nasty fisheye effect.
Videos are great too – 1080p at 30fps is absolutely splendid at this price point.
"

The gimbal sounds sweet:

"And the best thing about this camera is the 1-axis mechanical gimbal it’s built into. This removes shakiness in your footage and allows you to adjust the camera angle straight from your transmitter."

Now all we have to do is
Feb 01, 2018, 08:25 AM
This does look like a nice setup. Does the 1-axis gimbal do any "auto leveling" during flight?

One of my 1st camera drones was the WlToys Q303a it also had a 1-axis brushed gimbal. Not only could you control the camera tilt from the transmitter, it also did a pretty good job of trying to maintain horizon when the quad was pitching forward & backward.
Feb 01, 2018, 11:33 AM
Them calling it an 1 axis gimbal and not just a remotely tiltable camera kinda says it will compensate for tilting ... I hope
Feb 01, 2018, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Well...that sinks it...no early adoption for me. I have no 5G capable smart phone and don't intend to get one. Rats. Or is there a work-around?
Feb 01, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide
Well...that sinks it...no early adoption for me. I have no 5G capable smart phone and don't intend to get one. Rats. Or is there a work-around?
When they say 5G phone, it's just ac-type wifi right? I have an old Google Nexus 5X that uses ac, so I hope it will work.
Feb 01, 2018, 09:00 PM
Quote:
When they say 5G phone, it's just ac-type wifi right? I have an old Google Nexus 5X that uses ac, so I hope it will work.
Per the reviewer's "con" quote....

Not everyone has a 5G-ready smartphone

It’s true – not everyone can afford one of the top tier models these days… and those are the only ones that actually support 802.11 AC 5Ghz wireless. Even though you can find newer budget friendly Chinese smartphones that support 80211 AC, the shipping takes a long time and you still can’t be sure whether or not they’ll work with Bugs 5W as some of them come with certain channels locked. The only real solution is to go for the newest (or last) generation of top-flight smartphones, and those cost a fortune.
Feb 02, 2018, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide
Per the reviewer's "con" quote....

Not everyone has a 5G-ready smartphone

It’s true – not everyone can afford one of the top tier models these days… and those are the only ones that actually support 802.11 AC 5Ghz wireless. Even though you can find newer budget friendly Chinese smartphones that support 80211 AC, the shipping takes a long time and you still can’t be sure whether or not they’ll work with Bugs 5W as some of them come with certain channels locked. The only real solution is to go for the newest (or last) generation of top-flight smartphones, and those cost a fortune.
Humm.. I see some misunderstood here between 5G (Fifth Generation of Cellular Technology) and 5Ghz (Five Gigahertz or 802.11 a/c) technology as the 5Ghz technology really doesn't new technology and have been there for many years just like the 'old' 2.4Ghz, Or it is just me?

And yes, those DJI use the 5 Ghz for their FPV too. The 2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz wifi bandwidth difference just more like UHF vs VHF in radio bandwidth.

As some one has been told in the other thread that "Wifi FPV systems are a gimmick to sell quads to people that like to use their cell phones for everything. They never have very good range and the lag(time from picture transmission to reception) can be terrible. I have read of wifi systems getting maybe up to 300 meter range, but I get up to 1600 meter range with the 5.8ghz FPV system on my B2W."

But FPV-ing with wifi still fun to do so that you can know what your drone looking at when recording video. But for more better range it was not bad idea to attach individual real 5.8Ghz camera while you shooting with the drone's camera.
Last edited by ak78; Feb 02, 2018 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply