Jan 21, 2018, 04:48 AM
I for one much more prefer the clear telemetry readout on the transmitter like we have now on the Bugs2. The readout on phones is often pretty hard to read, as the numbers are very small, at least to my ageing eyes.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2018, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I for one much more prefer the clear telemetry readout on the transmitter like we have now on the Bugs2. The readout on phones is often pretty hard to read, as the numbers are very small, at least to my ageing eyes.
Well, we can use Arial Bolded 20pt with high contrast color for the numbers

Yes, all the basic information can still displayed on that little, less eye catching LCD. The use of phone more to an additional advantages we can get as i mention before (display more information, maps, etc).

Maybe, MJX will read this wishes?
Jan 23, 2018, 10:19 PM
Quote:
a backlit readout would be great feature
Jan 24, 2018, 02:55 AM
Looks great =)
Jan 24, 2018, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbear
a backlit readout would be great feature
Of course, but as it is, I have no problems reading the Bugs2 LCD on the transmitter
Jan 24, 2018, 03:23 AM
MJX RC doesn't have any kind of presence here like Hubsan does, right?
Jan 24, 2018, 03:34 AM
Don't know about that, but someone with ID Jinhai995 has started MJX/RC vendor's thread.
Jan 24, 2018, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Of course, but as it is, I have no problems reading the Bugs2 LCD on the transmitter
The only time I have a issue is when I throw a jacket over my head when flying in the sun with the stock WIFI. or around dusk ,

from reading your post in the bugs2w thread I understand your point though
Jan 25, 2018, 08:48 PM
I’ve been watching the Bugs 5w too. Waiting not so patiently for it to become available. Had a 2w I just returned due to it always going into LVC at only about 4 1/2 min flight time. Had a problem tech support couldn’t help fix unless they got it back. Just took a refund instead. Looking for a replacement now and considering this one one or stepping up to a bebop 2 or h501ss. Wonder how long we’ll have to wait?
Jan 25, 2018, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy C
I’ve been watching the Bugs 5w too. Waiting not so patiently for it to become available. Had a 2w I just returned due to it always going into LVC at only about 4 1/2 min flight time. Had a problem tech support couldn’t help fix unless they got it back. Just took a refund instead. Looking for a replacement now and considering this one one or stepping up to a bebop 2 or h501ss. Wonder how long we’ll have to wait?
I would avoid the Hubsan. It's a very unstable platform in my experience and it has many reported problems. JMO.
Jan 26, 2018, 08:17 AM
This thing looks very impressive! What's the guess-timate price?

I wish it had an analog 5.8 video signal so I could do real FPV flying with goggles..
Does it have an onboard SD card? I assume it does.
Jan 26, 2018, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMan

I wish it had an analog 5.8 video signal so I could do real FPV flying with goggles..
Guess it'll be a bit more expensive than the B2W; hoping it'll be about the same tho

Surely 5.8gHz FPV would be fantastic, but that's only for us RC folk Not for Jo Public who'd like to use his phone
Jan 26, 2018, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMan

My guess is that the 5w will replace the 2w.
Jan 26, 2018, 03:29 PM
I'm going to be an early adopter if this thing is reasonably priced. I'm hopeful that it'll be available this Summer. Anyone have any hints about release dates?
Jan 26, 2018, 08:45 PM
Quote:
After a very good experience with the MJX Bugs2W, I'm really looking fowards to the recently introduced MJX Bugs 5W.

MJX keeps what is already good about the Bugs2 like the GPS and GPS options, the brushless motors, telemetry on the controller

But it's the camera that got my interest the most:

Looks like a modular system (?), but the best is that it works like a 1 axis gimbal PLUS the camera is tiltable from the controller!!! Excellent.

Do hope the specs on the camera are thru and it actually will be filming at 30 fps and take genuine 8 MP pictures:

Controller; this time with a long, slim line lcd:

If all that will actually work out like promised, I'm sure this will be one of quads to get in 2018

Bugs 5W on the MJX website: http://www.mjxrc.net/goodshow/bugs-5w.html

Man this looks good but i think i will keep my cash for something else i bet you know what that is

Quick Reply