Feb 16, 2021, 04:39 PM
Thread OP
with the tach and quick change tool holders set up another pair of parts were turned out,, T profile cut-off blades work great!! I got one 1/16"wide with the lathe, will get a .040" one my next order..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2021, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
added a few more lathe toys, a set of collets for the spindle and a die holder for the tailstock.. between the new toys and the DRO's the four needed main gland fittings were made in short order..
Mar 01, 2021, 07:45 AM
Slim looks very worried...
May 30, 2021, 12:14 PM
How do you like your mill. I am considering one myself. Also the rotary table?
May 31, 2021, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
for model boat and hobby work the mill is great.. a precision drill chuck is needed, DRO's make things nice, the better handwheels are a big improvement.. the only problem with the rotary table was the narrow hold down clips,, made a wider set..
Jun 02, 2021, 11:54 AM
missed your work updates. i got into 3d printing this year and your helper inspired a puppet creation and a helping hand. i'm also printing a couple of boats. the first is ep the second will be steam.
Jun 02, 2021, 12:52 PM
Thread OP
I shifted back to another long term project for a bit, 1/16th RAF whaleback, have solved a few things that were holding it's work back, (all the new tools helped greatly) should be back playing with brass and steam next week.. the last remaining WWII whaleback hull 186 is being salvaged for restoration.. keeping this hull in the big shop away from slim,, not letting him near anything that may involve guns..
Last edited by tghsmith; Jun 03, 2021 at 06:49 AM.
Aug 01, 2021, 10:09 AM
Thread OP
"speedy metals" gave my engine the spot light of the week.. maybe one more week on the whaleback its getting close to running,,,
Nov 16, 2021, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
hopefully back to steam work,, the shop has been somewhat cleaned and should be ready to go..
Nov 19, 2021, 02:29 PM
You have some beautiful model boats there.
Nov 30, 2021, 04:07 PM
Thread OP
thanks,, got back to steam work,, valve caps for the pump end, all 1/4" x 40 threads.. need to make some seal washers and drill the caps to retain the springs..
Dec 03, 2021, 02:39 PM
Thread OP
made a little centering jig and milled the valve caps for the springs.. slim is not as judgmental today..
Dec 08, 2021, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
some more progress again,, getting closer to all the parts coming together..
Dec 21, 2021, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
slim got his x-mas present early,, he's now outfitted to do battle with the shop floor monster if required..
Jan 07, 2022, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
working on the pump valve internals, turned two types, a cone and ball holder,, the ball looks like it will work well and I have several ball material choice on hand,, A 1/8"th ball end mill make easy work of turning the part,, 7 more and a couple of spares to turn..

Quick Reply