Hobie Hawk Carbon Fiber Dorsals - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by V1VrV2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 13, 2018, 02:38 PM
Trader Rating: 53
Mongo like wind. Wind Good.
$50.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Hobie Hawk Carbon Fiber Dorsals

Hawk fans,

Just finished another short run of Carbon Fiber dorsals for the Hobie Hawk and have (4) available at this time. 2 are already pre-sold from the last batch. These are built in special (EXPENSIVE) molds that emulate the injection molded parts but they are made from cf 1k biased cloth, cf tows, and cf milled fiber. There is no wedge cone needed for the installation as the "fingers" are heavily reinforced with the cf materials. Plastic dorsals benefited from the cone as it overlapped the tailcone and dorsal joint. This is where most dorsals fail in a crash or hard landing.

I use these on the Superhawks as well. The bell crank is installed and is fiberglass G10 material, not plastic. Way stronger.

These take a great deal of time to produce and each one is hand worked to make sure the original parts fit correctly.

Attached are pictures of the dorsal and instructions for replacement.

I can ship Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) as the final fit and finish is being done tomorrow. Paypal OK.

Shipping to be via USPS with tracking for $6 any quantity of dorsals.

Post I'll take it get first priority as I only have 4. Paypal info sent via PM after I'll take it posted.

I will be busy the following 6 weeks so this is it for now.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by V1VrV2; Jan 13, 2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Correction Tuesday shipping MLK holiday
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2018, 02:57 PM
Trader Rating: 1

Iíll take one!

Iíll take one. Let me know the details. Glad to see somebody doing this! Thanks
Jan 13, 2018, 03:47 PM
Trader Rating: 44
Been in the Hobby for 70 Years

Mold

I will take one. Please send pay pal info.
Thanks
Allan
Jan 13, 2018, 03:57 PM
Going...Going...

Annnnnnddddd....

Jan 13, 2018, 05:45 PM
Trader Rating: 76
SagittaXC
GONE!!! I will take one if still available ..Thanks Tony J.T.
Jan 13, 2018, 09:27 PM
Trader Rating: 0
I
I would take one also
Jan 13, 2018, 11:30 PM
Two have paid so far. The last two dorsals are sold pending payment.

If funds dont arrive tomorrow, the last 2 will be sold down the list to first funds.

I'll post here if that happens.

Jan 14, 2018, 10:37 AM
Trader Rating: 76
SagittaXC
Sent 2 PM's to you Tony. I will need your PAYPAL Info...Please shoot me a P.M. PayPal Ready...Thanks, Jack
Jan 14, 2018, 09:49 PM
These are sold! Thanks for looking!

Quick Reply