Dos Epees Pre-Orders - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by The_Builder, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:39 PM
Trader Rating: 27
Closed Account
$300.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Dos Epees Pre-Orders

Back in November I started a project just to see where it would go. Well is has come a very long way in a very short time.

The Dos Epees is a 2M poly sailplane designed for very light sloping, hand launch and light weight high starts. There is a pretty long thread in the Thermal forum about the design process and all the input I got from some very experienced pilots.

The wing cores are HL 60 with fiberglass skins and carbon sparring. Currently it is designed as a 1pc wing that is joined by the customer. The dihedral breaks are cut and ready but the wing is shipped flat. They can be ordered with flaps or spoilers.

The fuse is a 2pc fuse with a carbon boom and kevlar pod section. The current pod section in the photos and videos is one from a DLG I stuck on there to test the wing and tails. We will be maintaining the shape but stretching it a bit to reduce the weight needed in the nose.

The tails are air foiled and set up for spring and string.

I can do custom colors but don't push my artist skills as I really don't have any.

The one in the videos has 2oz in the nose due to it being so short and weighs 368grams.

I am taking 5 pre-orders to help finance the new pod mold and order other supplies needed for this project. If these orders are taken I will be able to order the needed materials and start shipping Feb 1st.

After the 1st five they will be $450.00

In the videos you can see this is not much of a hill, I was not square to the breeze and the strongest breeze was less than 3mph. There was even some drizzle.

Dos Epees (0 min 41 sec)

Dos Epees (0 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 05:54 PM
Trader Rating: 17
PM sent.

Quick Reply