Wilco 1.3 RC Hang Glider - RC Groups

Wilco 1.3 RC Hang Glider

There isn't a lot of info out yet about the Wilco 1.3 RC Hang Glider, but it's exciting to see cool new products coming out, especially when they are this unique.

Splash

Unique RC Hang Glider Coming Soon!

There isn't a lot of info out yet about the Wilco 1.3 RC Hang Glider, but it's exciting to see cool new products coming out, especially when they are this unique. It appears to be a foam flying wing in the shape of a hang glider wing with a semi scale looking undercarriage. It has elevons for control, so it won't be a weight shift model like a normal hang glider, but it looks like it flys well in the video below.

It has a motor in the front allowing for powered flight from level ground, but it will be happy on the slope as well. We should have a lot more info including pricing and availability after the Toy Fair event in Germany later this month.

Punkair WILCO 1.3 (2 min 2 sec)

Jan 12, 2018, 10:55 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Very, Very Cool!

Standing by!
Latest blog entry: RC Roundtable - Episode 44
Jan 12, 2018, 12:04 PM
FPV EVERYTHING!
Nice! It looks like a copy of a homemade model I saw for sale on Ebay last year. I really want one though.
Jan 13, 2018, 01:53 PM
AeroDan
Oh, HECK YES!!!!! Awaiting more 411!!!!!!
Jan 13, 2018, 07:13 PM
If it flys it must be fun!
Love it.
Jan 14, 2018, 09:01 AM
Very nice to see something different for a change.

Pity about the video though...............the model is meant to be a hang glider, not an aerobatic sports plane!

Should be possible to make something similar using a cheap flying wing.
Jan 15, 2018, 03:03 AM
WrongRudderR/C
That's the coolest thing!
Jan 15, 2018, 01:37 PM
FPV EVERYTHING!
We need video of one of these slope soaring. That is where they belong.
Jan 15, 2018, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Does RC
We need video of one of these slope soaring. That is where they belong.
Agreed.
Jan 15, 2018, 06:02 PM
FPV EVERYTHING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix239
Agreed.
The hang gliders that fly at my local slope site would be jealous if I had one of these. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that every single one of them would buy one after seeing it in action too.
Yesterday, 02:06 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
if only it were weight shifting... looks to have good bones if anyone should want to try to make it scale.
Yesterday, 07:37 AM
So it's a simple wing with some "stuff" hanging off the bottom?
Yesterday, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by formontoya
So it's a simple wing with some "stuff" hanging off the bottom?
That's certainly my take on it. Shouldn't be too difficult to replicate. Or, construct a gondola with a sitting figure and wheels providing it's kept light.

Quick Reply