Jan 11, 2018, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Contest

RISC Red Rooster F5J - April 28,29 2018

The Rhode Island Soaring Club is pleased to announce the 2018 RISC Red Rooster F5J Contest.

Application for inclusion on the USA F5J Tour has been made, and the event will follow USA F5J Tour event rules with the election for NO FLYOFFS.

Contest to be held at RISC Covell sod farm, perhaps the most 'glider friendly' field in New England. For more information and online registration go to http://flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=292.

Contest to be held on Saturday and Sunday, $40 registration covers both days. Field will be available for practice and/or LSF tasks on Friday.

I hope to see you there,
David
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2018, 09:22 PM
David, awesome!
Jan 11, 2018, 10:05 PM
Definitely going! Now I have to come up with an adult beverage cocktail to go with that!
Jan 11, 2018, 11:07 PM
Maarten
This is going to be an awesome contest!
The first of the two F5J contests at the Rhode Island Soaring Club. The second contest will be in June.

Maarten
Jan 16, 2018, 08:50 AM
Ok that's high enough
All right, I'm registered. This should now be an international
Jan 16, 2018, 08:52 AM
Ok that's high enough
Let's see if I understood the format correctly : it's a single two-days contest but with no flyoff. Right?
Jan 16, 2018, 09:28 AM
Vive le Canada ! Now I need to bring more liquor! Sweeeeeeeeet!
Jan 17, 2018, 08:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFlight
Let's see if I understood the format correctly : it's a single two-days contest but with no flyoff. Right?
Correct - single contest over two days with no flyoffs.

The application for inclusion in USA F5J Tour as been accepted, so results will be included in tour standings.

Approved F5J limiters are required, but restarts are allowed (resulting in zero score). Loaner limiters will be available, please contact me to reserve one if needed.

Fabien - I'm glad you can make it. Bring your friends, this is the best glider field on the US east coast. Well worth the trip.

David
Jan 25, 2018, 10:24 PM
RV7guy

Thinking about it

Hey guys,

Thinking about venturing East for this contest. Looks like a great venue. My son lives in Harfort, CT so I could combine this with a visit to him. He is Sports anchor with ESPN and has to work Frid, Sat and Sunday and won't have much time to visit on the weekend anyway.

Any recommendations for a hotel in the area?

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Jan 26, 2018, 06:10 AM
Some of us ESL types are staying at the Hampton...

850 Centre of New England Blvd., Coventry, RI 02816
Jan 26, 2018, 07:50 PM
Maarten
Darwin,
Hartford is about 1:30 away from the field. Easy commute.
Our fields are truly awesome. We have three of them.
Looking forward flying with you.
Maarten
Jan 26, 2018, 08:17 PM
Looks like some B action happening! Beautiful field. Great club. I've been away for too long. I hope to get back there soon.

I guess it's a little far for an RV trip, Darwin. Hope you have a nice trip and maybe I'll get to see you again. Last time was breakfast at the Days Inn in Muncie!

Dave R.
Jan 26, 2018, 09:06 PM
Maarten
We have two F5J contests this year. Both are part of the tour.
June 30 is the second.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...June-30-July-1
Jan 26, 2018, 09:58 PM
RV7guy

Sold the first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreisinger
Looks like some B action happening! Beautiful field. Great club. I've been away for too long. I hope to get back there soon.

I guess it's a little far for an RV trip, Darwin. Hope you have a nice trip and maybe I'll get to see you again. Last time was breakfast at the Days Inn in Muncie!

Dave R.
Hi Dave,

Sold the first RV7 and have the second one about done. Easy two day run. When I do finish the second one, I'll be hitting a few more contests. I work 7 days on 7 off as a medical helicopter pilot so I can really only attend on my week off. Fortunately, this one is on my days off. My girlfriend says it's a go!!
I've attached a picture of my previous RV so other don't confuse it with the multiple wheeled ground based version

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Jan 26, 2018, 10:05 PM
RV7guy

Pretty close!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr1234
Darwin,
Hartford is about 1:30 away from the field. Easy commute.
Our fields are truly awesome. We have three of them.
Looking forward flying with you.
Maarten
Hi Maarten,

I was Google mapping the place and the drive distances. Seems pretty shocking since AZ is so big. You can't get across town in less than an hour let alone cross a couple of states. We're flying into Providence on Southwest and will drive to Hartford and spend a few days.

Our plan is to arrive Friday at the field and stay close by for the weekend. As noted, my son works the weekend and gets up real early and goes to bed early so he's not much fun You can watch him on Sports Center at 7 am EST on the weekends. Matt Barrie

What beautiful country!!! Looking forward to flying on real grass and not dried out grass!!!

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba

Quick Reply