Uvify OOri Smart Racing Drone - RC Groups

Uvify OOri Smart Racing Drone

OOri is a cool smart racing drone that looks like it is designed for newer pilots in a consumer friendly ready to fly package. It makes it easy to learn with fly with its Hold Position feature that uses non-GPS sensors to hold its position both indoors and outside.

Splash

Brushless Micro Racing Drone - 60MPH!

OOri is a cool smart racing drone that looks like it is designed for newer pilots in a consumer friendly ready to fly package. It makes it easy to learn with fly with its Hold Position feature that uses non-GPS sensors to hold its position both indoors and outside. It comes with propeller guards that provide extra safety when indoors or learning to fly, but they can also be removed for speed and agility.

OOri is a fairly small drone, not quite tiny whoop sized, but just a bit larger which means it gets brushless motors and a top speed of around 60MPH. The batteries are proprietary which may be a bad thing for most hobbyists who have a bunch of batteries already, but these batteries are nice in that they just slide in and out making it really easy and fast to swap out. You can change the color LED ring on the drone and the transmitter included also has lights, but the best part of the controller is the built-in FPV screen and 5.8Ghz receiver. That means you get a real time video feed from the drone without the need for a bulky screen mount or wearing goggles. It really is everything you need to get started flying FPV and it's available for pre-order right now for $289.

Check out the Uvify OOri Smart Drone Here

Jan 12, 2018, 01:11 AM
JTS
JTS
I tried it in the cage at their CES booth and liked it enough to nearly pre-order it at the $100 off price. The only thing that stopped me was the ridiculous shipping options: cheapest (to PA) was nearly $58!
Jan 12, 2018, 03:06 AM
It looks like a good drone. Hopefully can try it and order it. Thanks for the post.
Jan 12, 2018, 08:59 AM
Saw this on Facebook and it mentioned using a 1S LiPo. 60MPH on a 1S LiPo?
Jan 12, 2018, 04:10 PM
JTS
JTS
On the booth they were claiming 50mph, in fact in the official video they say something like "60 with modifications". I can believe it because the Oori doesn't have a lot of mass (hence my whining about shipping costs) but I expect it would reduce flight time since they told me the lipo is 600mah.
Jan 12, 2018, 11:40 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Quote:
The batteries are proprietary which may be a bad thing for most hobbyists who have a bunch of batteries already, but these batteries are nice in that they just slide in and out making it really easy and fast to swap out
For this, ridiculous. Standard lipo's can be designed into a sliding tray as well. Nice otherwise, but no sale from me, plenty of other choices.
Jan 13, 2018, 10:07 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS
I tried it in the cage at their CES booth and liked it enough to nearly pre-order it at the $100 off price. The only thing that stopped me was the ridiculous shipping options: cheapest (to PA) was nearly $58!
Can one attach goggles to the Controller?
or any 5.8 AOI monitor with VidRx will work?
Jan 13, 2018, 12:00 PM
RCG Admin
It transmitter on 5.8Ghz so you could use a regular set of FPV goggles without connecting it to the controller unit.
Jan 13, 2018, 02:21 PM
"We found 2 shipping rates available for Hungary, starting at $196.79.
FedEx International Economy at $196.79
FedEx International Priority at $209.37"

What??
Jan 16, 2018, 09:01 AM
Add $10 more and that's how much I paid for my Xiaomi Mi 4K. The price is way too high for a drone like this.
Jan 17, 2018, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrraj
"We found 2 shipping rates available for Hungary, starting at $196.79.
FedEx International Economy at $196.79
FedEx International Priority at $209.37"

What??
Ok, I got this answer from Uvify: "Hungary is now part of our flat shipping fee of $50. Thank you for your patience whilst we sorted the issue.".

Great news.
Jan 31, 2018, 06:00 AM
ParagonUAV
Shipping internationally is never fun... I'm sure as resellers get them, shipping will be much cheaper. Should check again.

Quick Reply