Grumpier old men at flying fields - RC Groups
Jan 11, 2018, 09:20 AM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Discussion

Grumpier old men at flying fields

Continuation of Ticís thread, letís try to keep it to r/c and avoid posts about music, BMWís, and online dating, else it will get moved like the last one.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2018, 09:59 AM
I don't know. I'm sitting here sipping coffee, with a cat on my lap, reading the news - and about grumpy old farts while it's raining outside. But it could be snowing and below zero like much of the country. It will be good flying weather this weekend in Portland. Can't be too grumpy about that.
Jan 11, 2018, 12:07 PM
I think it's time to fly.
I'm not grumpy as long as I have my trusty Spektrum radio, harm air temps and a light breeze.

At the moment all I have is the radio.

Maybe this weekend I can get out to fly. .
Latest blog entry: All things that fly.
Jan 11, 2018, 12:13 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
I was grumpy when I found the original thread had been moved (and also got way off topic) good luck trying to herd cats......
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Jan 11, 2018, 12:48 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
I am a cat herder on days like today, wind is in excess of 50 MPH. Makes My job easier, they just hunker down. LOL
Jan 11, 2018, 12:56 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder
I am a cat herder on days like today, wind is in excess of 50 MPH. Makes My job easier, they just hunker down. LOL
....weíve got temps in the 50ís and winds but not a bad day in Michigan in January.....canít be too grumpy, got to take our Christmas lights in before the next arctic blast hits this weekend....
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Jan 11, 2018, 01:19 PM
Already done here, Denny.

Looks like time to hunker down again in the basement/building room starting tomorrow morning.

We are having a ton of fun with our granddaughter today, had a great EFO meeting last night, and the weather wasn't too bad to get the decorations down. Guess it is not a grumpy day for me today. Sorry about that folks.
Jan 11, 2018, 01:46 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
I've been working on cars lately... The Prius rear gate handle is a giant piece of plastic trim that broke apart from old age. Replaced it with an aftermarket Carbon Fiber looking one so I wouldn't have to paint it and match the colors. The rubber switch seal for the tailgate also had a manufacturing defect for 2007 where it would de-polymerize? It turned into a horrible gunky goo that required lots of handwashing with Gojo to get off my skin... Then the instrument cluster failed to boot up, blanking all the indicators and taking out the backup camera. Luckily it worked again later that day. Regardless, I ordered replacement capacitors from Digit-Key to repair it so it will never happen again. Also changing out a window regulator on the 2000 Camry... I don't like working on cars, so normally I would be super grumpy, but for some reason, I am starting to enjoy it. Mind you, I still paid someone to flush out the transmission, replace the coolants, and flush the brake system. If you try to bleed the brakes yourself on a Prius, the car will think it blew a brake line and cut off all fluid to that wheel. Yes, you cannot change the brake fluid on a Prius without a computer hooked up... Was super grumpy that day...
Jan 11, 2018, 02:48 PM
https://youtu.be/EGs33nZgN0U
Jan 11, 2018, 04:48 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Podcasts and talk radio make me grumpy, doesnít matter what political stance they have, or subject matter, just canít stand listening to people talk.
Jan 11, 2018, 05:46 PM
Level 17 Supertroll
WJH you know darn well Tics thread got moved because of politics, not the BS you claim above.

Now you keep working on that POS vehicle that is named similar to a male body part, good luck.

Who's the bearded loudmouth yapping off in that podcast? I would get a good shave, to begin with.

I am charging a 1s180 chiclet battery, no particular reason, I just like the feel of batteries charging.
Last edited by Zerts; Jan 11, 2018 at 06:04 PM.
Jan 11, 2018, 05:55 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Zerts, your sarcasm detector is not working
Jan 11, 2018, 06:04 PM
Level 17 Supertroll
WJH I did get it, no problemo

In other news, today is day #1 of my r/c buying boycott

I got 2 tickets to the Russo and Steele Auto Auction instead

Had lunch w/ Biker Babe Bobbi, and promised this Saturday I will have a r/c car day with her autistic grandson, I will also bring a couple of UMX planes.
Last edited by Zerts; Jan 11, 2018 at 06:28 PM.
Jan 11, 2018, 06:32 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
WJH I did get it, no problemo

In other news, today is day #1 of my r/c buying boycott

I got 2 tickets to the Russo and Steele Auto Auction instead

Had lunch w/ Biker Babe Bobbi, and promised this Saturday I will have a r/c car day with her autistic grandson, I will also bring a couple of UMX planes.
Why can’t you just run cars with her grandson?
Jan 11, 2018, 06:58 PM
Level 17 Supertroll
[QUOTE=302;38969414]Why canít you just run cars with her grandson?[/QUOTE

You mean dont bring the planes? Why?

Quick Reply