This thread is privately moderated by Seafaringwest, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 11, 2018, 09:48 AM
Trader Rating: 21
Thread OP
$1.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Has anyone received items from Recumbent?

Hey guys, another member and I have been in contact with eachother after we both started having concerns about the seller. They closed their account yesterday, and are no longer able to communicate. With all that said, has anyone recently received an item purchased from them? Thanks so much for your time.

Doug
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2018, 10:16 AM
Trader Rating: 19
Hope you used PP. if You did call them they’ll refund money.
Jan 11, 2018, 10:18 AM
I have a claim with PP and a member here I bought a. Kissed Alien from. As soon as I paid his replies stopped. I’m planning on writing a post like this in a few days. Only been a about a week. Seller has 7 post on Rcgroup’s all quads for sale.
Jan 11, 2018, 10:28 AM
Trader Rating: 237
Life Is Good
He is the former user out_of_stock look him up he did the same thing last year and had to close his account. He sells things and claim he'll mail them out in 2 weeks and then nothing (he does sometimes sells and mail things legitimately so I think he not an all out scammer but someone with financial issues) I reported his recent actions to the mods, but I guess they felt it didn't violate the rules, he's using people for short term loans. I know it's him because some of the pictures he took when he was posting as out_of_stock were taking from the same environment as his latest pictures. He also has a similar story, always claim he'll send out in two weeks. My point to the admin is that, If he's out of town and can't send things out until 2 weeks time, why don't they tell him to wait to post his stuff when he's available to mail them? Hopefully you all paid with buyer protection or better. He mails you stuff to you, in any case. Good luck
Jan 11, 2018, 10:29 AM
Trader Rating: 13
Recumbent was very active in an RC car thread. Seemed like a legit person. Seemed no reason to question. I asked questions and got answers that I thought were to par. Seems I got scammed too.
Jan 11, 2018, 10:33 AM
Trader Rating: 237
Life Is Good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerdude70
Recumbent was very active in an RC car thread. Seemed like a legit person. Seemed no reason to question. I asked questions and got answers that I thought were to par. Seems I got scammed too.
Please look up Recumbent and out_of_stock both accounts are active in the same threads, pictures taking from the same rooms or general area. Same shady selling tactics every holiday. BTW, as out_of_stock, he had 34 positive ratings. So like I stated earlier, I don't think he's a professional scammer, just someone with some sorts of issues.
Jan 11, 2018, 10:39 AM
Trader Rating: 21
Thread OP
Thanks for that guys! I appreciate all the feedback. He seemed to be an excellent communicator and everything. Oh well. Hopefully something comes in the mail.
Jan 11, 2018, 10:48 AM
Trader Rating: 66
AcesFullFPV
I bought something from him. Just marked as shipped this morning in Paypal but no tracking. Hopefully it goes through if not I’ll file a pp claim.
Jan 11, 2018, 11:13 AM
Trader Rating: 47
I almost bought a set of dominator v3 from him. When I casually me toned the price seemed to good to be true he stopped responding. Weird.
Jan 11, 2018, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benddg
I have a claim with PP and a member here I bought a. Kissed Alien from. As soon as I paid his replies stopped. I’m planning on writing a post like this in a few days. Only been a about a week. Seller has 7 post on Rcgroup’s all quads for sale.
Drew fpv? I bought a frame from him. Opened a claim yesterday. Also started a thread about the issue in trader talk.
Jan 11, 2018, 12:13 PM
Drewfpv is the person I’m having trouble with. He knows a little about quads. He lists all the best stuff on the quads he is listing. And all the pictures for the most part are on the same bench.
Jan 11, 2018, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Drewfpv is the person Iím having trouble with. He knows a little about quads. He lists all the best stuff on the quads he is listing. And all the pictures for the most part are on the same bench.
Yea. Check out my thread in Trader Talk and post your experience. I bought an AstroX Exact X from him for 40 bucks. I knew it was a ~100$ frame and it seemed way too good to be true but some people offload stuff cheap for the quickness of sales. Being it was only 40 bucks I took the chance. Guess he was really hurting for the money. Interesting thing is I dont know what he is going to do once PayPal goes after him. Either way, different seller than this thread is about so Ill keep it at that and you can come to the other thread if youd like. Thanks!
Jan 11, 2018, 02:36 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Honestly, I was tempted by a few of recumbent s posts. Felt too good to be true though and the "mail when back in town" thing sounded shady, especially considering the time of year...sucks and I hope you guys get your money back or the items!
Jan 11, 2018, 03:05 PM
Trader Rating: 35
Master of Disaster
I knew DrewFPv was a scammer. There's a series of questions ya gotta ask people when buying items. I comb the the B/S/T threads almost everyday and report anyone who is obviously attempting to scam people. But i can't report everyone because some scammers do try to blend in by creating bogus accounts. Then they create a second account and do transactions to buff up their feedback so they can lull people into a false sense of security.

1. Be careful of people who are use Western Union,Money Gram. Only use Paypal.
2. Don't gift them via Paypal unless you know them and absolutely trust them.
3. For large value items ask for a picture with a piece of paper with the date and persons RCG name in the picture.
4. Be careful of new members with brand new accounts with no activity and little feedback.
5. Be careful of accounts that are pretty old,no feedback,no account activity (it could be a scammers alt)
6. Sometimes you can trace an image via Google and find it's original source.
7. If the price is to good to be true it probably is.
8. If the seller has no idea what he actually has.
9. If the seller ask to ship of at a later date
10. feedback truly does speak for itself
11. If you can sell or buy locally then do it that way.

I know of atleast 2-3 scammers that are active on the three B/S/T forums i like to look at. One scammer has been operating heavily out of New Jersey but he's been getting smart and not listing his location in his RCG avatar. His writing behavior in messages is identical,and i know he's still heavily active. He has a lot of RCG accounts and it seems the admins and moderators are only locking his alt-account(s) after someone has been ripped off. This guy is a know thief with a police record,and he has no compunction when it comes to ripping people off.
Jan 11, 2018, 09:52 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Drewfpv is the person Iím having trouble with. He knows a little about quads. He lists all the best stuff on the quads he is listing. And all the pictures for the most part are on the same bench.
Yeah he scammed me to. I bought the kissed alien. I tried to pm you but your box is full

Quick Reply