Feb 15, 2018, 03:03 PM
Today is a good day to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
I'll do a write up and maybe even a video ! got it all working - switching etc. scary part will be testing it ! especially the option where it hovers to slightly positive pitch gain............. get that set wrong and she's gone vertically............ a long cord on the skids maybe !!

weather has "blown through" over the weekend, as always a perfect fine day for Monday - back to work.

Swapped in a fresh set of 250mm blades for the next phase of testing sin e it is now all good for lift off and initial hovering and moving around..........
Looking forward to your video, I'm sure it will answer my questions.......thinking of tossing on my NIP CF blades, should order some more Lynx 3d's those work well on this guy.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2018, 04:07 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
yup, I have the factory CF, a set of lovely set of Zeals, Lynx 3D's and Microheli blades......... and some cheaper "stuff" Original woodys are terrible, vibrate badly etc, gads what rubbish they where.............

I'll use the microhelis and some cheap fiberglass jobs until I'm "good" stick wise on my fleet, no crashes to date but not much "spiritied" flying either. More detailed setup on the head, getting it close now, more relaxed feel to it now, one blade was pitched different to the other.......... One of the swash "legs" is a fraction taller so levelling the swash off the machined legs top face was not level......... hmmm leveling it using the pitch guage at mid stick - 0 degrees and rotating the head around the swash leg points and readjusting = big improvement, and correcting the 2 degrees difference between the two blades........ LOL...... no wonder it was touchy.........

lets just say I have nearly (and will be revisiting) everything done by the original owner............... suspect he was well out of depth on this one assembly wise........... good learning curve though.
Feb 15, 2018, 05:07 PM
Quote:
yup, I have the factory CF, a set of lovely set of Zeals, Lynx 3D's and Microheli blades......... and some cheaper "stuff" Original woodys are terrible, vibrate badly etc, gads what rubbish they where.............

I'll use the microhelis and some cheap fiberglass jobs until I'm "good" stick wise on my fleet, no crashes to date but not much "spiritied" flying either. More detailed setup on the head, getting it close now, more relaxed feel to it now, one blade was pitched different to the other.......... One of the swash "legs" is a fraction taller so levelling the swash off the machined legs top face was not level......... hmmm leveling it using the pitch guage at mid stick - 0 degrees and rotating the head around the swash leg points and readjusting = big improvement, and correcting the 2 degrees difference between the two blades........ LOL...... no wonder it was touchy.........

lets just say I have nearly (and will be revisiting) everything done by the original owner............... suspect he was well out of depth on this one assembly wise........... good learning curve though.
The woodies, have a set for nostalgia, terribly balanced but it can be done. I prefer the better plastics for now as well, but I've been getting the itch to try the CF's.
Feb 17, 2018, 12:58 AM
I've been running just CF for a long time, of course at a cost a few times. I should get a set of the microheli blades for general flying.

Kiwi, do you have a longer tail belt? I would like to run a stretch, but haven't seen anyplace for the belts.
Feb 17, 2018, 01:30 AM
Thread OP
longer belt, yup I'm wondering if the oxy 3 tareq belt is a go. the tareq is a stretch on teh stock oxygen 3 can spin blades up to 285mm when you look at the oxy3 chassis alloy sections - bearing blocks it sure look similar to the the lynx chassis kit they did for the 300X........
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Feb 17, 2018 at 01:38 AM.
Feb 18, 2018, 01:18 PM
Quote:
longer belt, yup I'm wondering if the oxy 3 tareq belt is a go. the tareq is a stretch on teh stock oxygen 3 can spin blades up to 285mm when you look at the oxy3 chassis alloy sections - bearing blocks it sure look similar to the the lynx chassis kit they did for the 300X........
Can you read the tooth count on the belt? Might be able to source a spare that way. I'd be interested to know the stretch boom length.
Mar 01, 2018, 11:24 AM
Anyone have an extra printed copy of the owners manual for the 300 X? I have the PDF, but I prefer paper over monitor. Shoot me a pm if you do, I'm sure we can work something out.
Mar 01, 2018, 06:24 PM
print the pdf
Mar 03, 2018, 06:03 PM
Thread OP
300XL tail boom vs Stock 300X - the stretch boom is exactly 30mm long than the stock boom.

I've got a second hand oxy3 cube "285" on the way, it has a spare belt with it will compare the two and advise.
Mar 20, 2018, 08:59 PM
Thread OP
Tail / boom comparison, my Lynx 300XL 275mm stretch setup (still being finished) vs the Oxy 3 cube 285mm tail boom

I'd say the stock oxy 3 tail - belt would be closer to the 300XL unit. The OXY front tail drive pulley is allot larger diameter than the blade unit, and so is the rear drive, probably to get around belt wear ? issues at the very high head speeds the oxy can crank out (up to 5000 rpm !!!)

looking forward to flying both !
Mar 24, 2018, 03:51 AM
Quote:
spent a frustrating weekend ( sat afternoon, evening and sun afternoon) trying to sort out an AR7210bx and get the panic - bail out function working.

All I can say is the instructions for the AR7210 are totally crappola....... I can see why allot of guys just give up........ trawled the net and worked through a good video on setting up a beast X plus - nearly the same. And as the guys stated, there are allot of steps and things to do that aren't in the manual..... no bloody kidding..........

AR7210 is one big disaster. Replaced the FBL Spirit + satellite. It is a joy . No problem.
Mar 26, 2018, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prtka
AR7210 is one big disaster. Replaced the FBL Spirit + satellite. It is a joy . No problem.
Agreed, I have a new AR7210BX, w/firmware upgrade. Two months later I got around to installing in a semi scale 450 build. The problem started when in the setup menu, trying to do "F". All I got was a solid purple, moving the rudder stick resulted in a flashing purple. Called HH, was told to get ahold of Freakware as I'd done the upgrade. OK, two weeks and no reply. Contacted HH again and was told I could send it in (at my expense) , they'd let me know how much it would cost to repair, (one year warrantee turns to 30 days if upgraded) said I wasn't interested in spending more than the 300 already invested, they told me I could state so in the work order and pay to have it returned. Pity. The Spirit or Ikon is looking pretty good right now. The AR isn't even a good paper weight.
Mar 26, 2018, 05:50 PM
Thread OP
There are some good videos online for the beast x plus and a couple of tricks to get this working on the ar7210 otherwise it doesn’t save the settings and gets stuck. Will try and get the data listed after Easter
Mar 27, 2018, 10:35 PM
Just stick a kbar in there for $30 and call it good. Mine works flawlessly and is super easy to setup.
Apr 01, 2018, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Microbeast Plus Pro v4 AttitudeControl Setup (20 min 53 sec)

For the beastx plus but should be same as the ar7210

Quick Reply