Jan 31, 2018, 02:27 PM
Today is a good day to fly
Where did you find the stretch kit? What main blades come with it? 275mm?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2018, 06:30 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
I scooped a complete heli here on RCG classified, basically all brand new never flown, all setup as a 275mm stretch, even better it came with 4 spare low profile driveshafts, three spare stretch tail booms with tail belts, 3 sets of stretch main blades (275mm) and 3 sets of tail blades and a whole raft of other parts.

bird itself has the low profile Lynx DFC head/ short drive shaft / alloy swash / alloy guide +300X-L stretch tail tube assembly / HD struts and alloy boom brace / lynx alloy tail blade unit and tail shaft / CF fin + lynx motor / bevel main gear + one way assembly, all on a new chassis and the CF chassis brace, decent servos etc...... brand new FG canopy etc etc never flown (no FBL) at $120 it was a steal of a deal..........

did I need a 5th 300, no, but the parts in this would be easily worth $400 plus......... and I have a couple of spare FBL units (BX7210 and BeastX plus) so was a no brainer for me !

So a flying 275mm lynx stretch 300X for $120 plus a FBL which I already have. I'd say my best buy yet though the $50 and $75 birds where good deals also but needed more work / parts.

just wish I could get a decent scale shell for one of them..........
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jan 31, 2018 at 06:40 PM.
Jan 31, 2018, 07:10 PM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
Is there any truth that you're building a hangar linked to the garage?!
Jan 31, 2018, 07:18 PM
Thread OP
LOL, well some bigger shelves at least ! and yeah enclosing the carport area and building it into the main garage, so I can more stuff laterally, is now featuring in the ideas planning stage

I do need to sell some helis that's for sure.............
Jan 31, 2018, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
wow autorotations on a 300X !

So what exactly is an autorotation? I know you cut power and it comes down on its own weight, causing the blades to spin, but at what point are you cutting power and how do you modulate the drop?
Jan 31, 2018, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
I do need to sell some helis that's for sure.............
Selling them's over-rated, buying them is much more fun
Jan 31, 2018, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingboats
Selling them's over-rated, buying them is much more fun

unless of course you are selling them to me for really cheap, then it is lots of fun!!
Feb 01, 2018, 12:40 AM
You wouldn't want any of mine as they frequently suffer from rapid sky/ground translocation! Get one from Craig, he looks after his and is an awesome flight line mechanic
Feb 01, 2018, 12:55 AM
Thread OP
I need to spend more time abusing - aka flying and less time tweaking crap..........

I do need to move on the older stuff that's gathering dust now............ another big clean out - sold 8 helis this time last year, need to move another "batch"
Feb 05, 2018, 01:08 AM
I don't own 8 heli's, ok maybe 8, but still that is a lot to be selling and still have a flying fleet. I've only sold a 130x and an 300x air frame. The rest of my stuff I've kept flying, and still fly. Albeit, all my stuff except for my 130s is discontinued and parts are either discontinued/non-existant, or getting harder to come by. I've built up a stock of spares for now. Maybe someday I'll sell, but by then nobody will want the stuff because it is so old
Feb 05, 2018, 12:34 PM
Making any progress on the tri blade setup Craig?
Feb 05, 2018, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
Shorter drive shafts arrived. Either way top hole has to be redrilled lower. 250cfx shaft the lower gear hole is in a different location so regardless of the shaft selected one hole has to be redrilled. Looking around for a better small drill press rather than my Drexel setup ! We have also had two long holiday weekends in a row = at the beach house soaking up summer sun and surf ! And a box of helis to fly
Feb 05, 2018, 04:18 PM
Enjoy your holiday. For me, every day is a holiday, retired 5 years ago!
Feb 05, 2018, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
Another 10 years before I can call it quits..........
back to the salt mine - aka work / office tomorrow......
Feb 05, 2018, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farquward
Enjoy your holiday. For me, every day is a holiday, retired 5 years ago!
Dang, good for you!! Personally, I'm planning on an early retirement, just waiting on the timing right now.

Quick Reply