Feb 10, 2020, 01:43 PM
Grumpa Tom
Wow. It is super impressive!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2020, 10:42 AM

3D printed OS .25FSR engine

Does anyone print any real model airplane engines ? I have used a McCoy .19 engine that I ran a shaft thru and bolted an inrunner to the back of the case . It worked quite well but was rather nose heavy . A nice lightweight dummy engine would work much better . The crankcase could be hollowed out for mounting a brushless motor or mount bearings to support a shaft running to a prop adapter on the front end . I just finished a scratchbuilt Sterling/RCM Royal Coachman and it would be awesome to have a dummy engine on the nose !
Any help would be appreciated . I scanned the web for any files that might work but no luck . BTW, you guys are real artists . Those scale multi-cylinder engines are awesome .

Thank you .
Mike
Feb 16, 2020, 02:12 PM
rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike912e
Does anyone print any real model airplane engines ? I have used a McCoy .19 engine that I ran a shaft thru and bolted an inrunner to the back of the case . It worked quite well but was rather nose heavy[...]
Yes. Itís been done. Someone must have an STL file around...

Hobby King/Durafly Das Ugly Stik.

Quick Reply