FPV Flight Club - 3" Phuket and 5" PROton... - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 10, 2018, 08:00 PM
New Product

FPV Flight Club - 3" Phuket and 5" PROton...

Hey, I thought I'd start a thread for those who use a Flight Club FPV Phuket or PROton

I was thinking this thread could be a place to be helpful and positive for those who want to share their pics or video's or get some help figuring out their configuration or which components to use or how to set them up...

Here are the links to the 3" Phuket and 5" PROton

Three Inch Quad Build : FlightClub Phuket

FlightClub Phuket : Three Inch Quad Build (42 min 28 sec)

FlightClub PROton | Ultralight Quad Fans Rejoice!

PROton Frame Assembly (12 min 49 sec)

I also posted some pictures of the components I used and how to wire them up including where to wire up the smart audio so you can adjust your PID's via the OSD

Cicada AIO F4 30A ESC
TBS Unify Pro Race HV SMA
FrSky XM+ 16 Ch Full Range SBUS receiver
FOXEER Arrow Micro v2 Black
California Quads 2205-2550kv Motor
HQ V1S 5x4.8x3 Prop
Lumenier AXII Stubby 5.8GHz Antenna RHCP

Here is the CLI code to get the DShot buzzer working

Code:
set beeper_dshot_beacon_tone = 3
hit enter
type save
hit enter
Big thanks to Mike at FPV Flight Club for all his hard work designing these great quads

Good luck with your builds and happy flying...

Last edited by quadfpv; Jan 10, 2018 at 09:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 03:14 PM
Love the looks of the little phuker frame. If I didn't just build a sparrow I would have gotten the Phuket. But heck I may still say Phuket and get that frame soon lol.
Jan 13, 2018, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfpv
Love the looks of the little phuker frame. If I didn't just build a sparrow I would have gotten the Phuket. But heck I may still say Phuket and get that frame soon lol.
Yea, it's a handsome little quad and very durable at least for a new pilot like myself and just noticed they have DTF (Down To Fly) quads that are already dialed in and just need binding to radio...

Flight club has tuned it for the new HQ 3x4x3 prop which is very aggressive so if you change to a less aggressive props you won't have to worry about oscillations...

https://fpv-flightclub.com/products/...htclub-phuket/

Jan 13, 2018, 02:07 PM
Sweet! I'm horrible at tuning lol but still a newb and still have a lot to learn. I would love to have premium build tho and these look awesome.
Jan 14, 2018, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerfpv
Sweet! I'm horrible at tuning lol but still a newb and still have a lot to learn. I would love to have premium build tho and these look awesome.
It is so easy to fly in acro...

Today I was given a PID setup for the Phuket with the the new HQ 3x4x3 props, which looks so cool, and it worked fantastic. In the D-term lowpass filter I was able to turn off gyro notch filter 1 & 2 and I think it's as close to a perfect configuration as possible at least for me. The motors do not get hot at all! I attached a pic of my PID's and my TPA is set at .25 with my TPA breakpoint at 1650. I have air mode permanently on and the anti-gravity and dynamic filter set.

$345 is a pretty good price for a high level bind and fly quad

Here is a video of me about 40 packs into FPV and loving it...

Making love to my quad... (4 min 7 sec)

Last edited by quadfpv; Jan 14, 2018 at 04:44 AM.

Quick Reply