Eagle Eyes: Can it default to 'diversity'? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 09, 2018, 11:18 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Discussion

Eagle Eyes: Can it default to 'diversity'?

Everytime I power on my Eagle Eyes, it defaults to 'Input #1'. But I want it to default to 'Diversity', because I sometimes forget to manually switch it to diversity before I fly. When I forget to do this, it only reads Input #1 through the entire flight.

The only menu options for diversity seem to be "sensitivity" and "beep". Seems pretty silly to not power up in Diversity mode. Can this be changed?

Thanks,
Brian
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2018, 07:06 AM
You can set the Eagle Eyes default input behavior here.
Jan 11, 2018, 11:47 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Oh ok. Do I have to have Vector attached always for this to work? I only have one Vector equipped aircraft.
Jan 11, 2018, 09:34 PM
No you don't need Vector attached always. Connect your EE to the computer and make the setting change. And it will remember the setting in stand alone mode.
If you use EE with a Vector again the setting in Vector will override the EE setting.
Better to make the setting in your Vector to Diversity and the EE will be fine for all cases.
Geoff
Jan 11, 2018, 11:14 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Cool. Thanks!
Jan 13, 2018, 06:56 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
I did a firmware update to the Eagle Eyes. It seems to remember the settings from last time it was powered on now. So that's good. I can set it to 'diversity', and next time I power on, it starts up in that mode.

The Vector software does not seem to be able to control the Eagle Eyes directly though. It did recognize it needed a firmware update. But other than that, I can't set the EE parameters through the Vector software. It keeps coming up in "offline" mode. Unless I have my Vector connected also. So it seems the only function of the USB port on the Eagle Eyes is to do firmware updates.
Jan 14, 2018, 07:29 AM
I recall that in the older Data Logger software there was a menu option to connect the EE directly to the PC but that does not display for me anymore. May be due to the firmware in my EE is too new for the old Data Logger software.

However its been a while since I changed the settings on my EE so it may be that the settings are only made through the Video link and Vector.

You can also make changes by doing a button press sequence on the EE but that seems very tedious to me.
Geoff

Quick Reply