Cheap 18650 with insane capacity claims - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 09, 2018, 08:06 PM
Careful!

Cheap 18650 with insane capacity claims

The following is a public service announcement !
I was on Feebay and thought about the Dumpster Brand batteries ! ( Dumpster Brand > Buy some batteries Throw them in the dumpster cos there so bad ) We all know feebay is flooded with garbage batteries , but I find pleasure in testing them just to see how bad they are . ( Rather than how good ) Have we seen the 9800mAh batteries ? ( 18650 ) Yeah there a joke , unfortunately people are buying them and then doing things with them they should not do . So lets get on with it ! I will discharge them ( well I did ) @ 0.5A , to 3v to see how much , or how little capacity is actually in these alleged 9800mAh batteries .

I got these as a pair , and the first discharge resulted in :

Battery 1 = 518mAh discharged ( yeah > thats 518 mA )
Battery 2 = 684mAh discharged ( Jaw dropping right )

2nd Discharge :

Battery 1 = 548mAh
Battery 2 = 682mAh

Would it be fair to say these are monumentally bad . Possibly dangerous , life threatening , absolute garbage that should not be for sale anywhere ? ( Would that be fair ? )
And so endith the public service announcement !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2018, 11:30 PM
Waste Nothing
Not only these battery types . LiPos too ! The Chinese ones have a wide variance in their rated capacities than what is advertised . They can get away with this as they don't have a BBB as we have in North America . Unscrupulous business practices are common with the far East manufacturers . Factory seconds , rejects , old stock sold as prime happens all the time . DO your homework before you buy as always .

Quick Reply