Jan 09, 2018, 03:33 PM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Contest

2018 Sailplane Nationals (NATS)

7/18 - 7/20 F3H (XC) OFFSITE at Monroe Central High School, Parker City, IN
•The Big Nutz championship begins!

7/21 ALES -- Site 5
•5PM Catered Dinner sponsored by LSF. BYOB. [Salad, Roast Beef, Green Beans, Mashed Pots & Gravy, Dessert]
•TALES Contest by Jack Iafret --- Rules: http://gdshs.org/tales-event-rules.htm

7/22 F5J -- Site 5

7/21 - 7/22 F3K -- Site 4

7/23 NOS/RES/2M -- Site 5
•RETRO Contest by John Marien. RETRO Rules - 2018 http://www.silentflight.org/index.ph...tro-rules-2018

7/24 NOS/RES/2M -- Site 5
•Aerotow. Pizza/Subs/Calzones and BYOB night...

7/25 Unlimited -- Site 5
•BBQ Sponsored By The LSF.
•LSF Annual Meeting
◦Le Grey Award Presentation
◦Financial Report
◦Secretary’s report
◦Presidents report
◦October LSF Postal Contest
◦2019 NATS Schedule
◦Open discussions by the Membership

7/26 Unlimited -- Site 5
•Whippit Night
•Setup for F3RES at Site 4

7/27 - 7/28 F3RES -- Site 4

7/27 - 7/28 F3J -- Site 5
Last edited by wadasczi; May 22, 2018 at 09:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2018, 06:24 PM
Comments deleted.
Last edited by dreisinger; Jan 10, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Jan 09, 2018, 06:34 PM
Will it be possible to fly all three classes Res Nos and 2 Meter July 23-24?
Jan 09, 2018, 06:43 PM
Jonathan Garber
Hey Wally,

With the new schedule it looks like all of the events I wanna fly are on the same day. I don’t know why you guys would put an unofficial event like F3RES in place of a very successful event like ALES (the second or third largest event at the NATS with something like 50 people). The only thing I can think of is that you guys catered to the handlaunch guys who said that you couldn’t plan 3RES on the same day as them. It’s almost not worth the drive from SoCal for me now.

What a bummer,

Jonathan Garber
Last edited by Jonathan Garber; Jan 09, 2018 at 07:02 PM.
Jan 09, 2018, 09:48 PM
The Detritus of Rcgroups
I will likely have a scheduling conflict so probably won't be able to attend the 2018 Nats but this is an interesting schedule. Good job trying new schedule changes, some of the prices are a little lower than in the past which is nice, and I hope the Nats is very successful.

Ryan
Jan 10, 2018, 05:15 AM
Good job Wally.....
Thanks for all the work, I look forward to my week in beautiful downtown Muncie
Jan 10, 2018, 07:39 AM
Lets pump the brakes a bit as a good friend has reminded me. I know we cant please everyone... but tradeoffs were considered in generating the schedule.

For Dave R. - I replied to your PM. Please come to the NATS and fly ALES which you are good at and F5J which you are better at.

For Spiker - Enrollment in 2M has been dwindling. Combining the event into NOS/RES made better sense. Here we will fly a round of NOS, then fly a round of RES like we normally do. But now we will fly a round of 2Meter also. Rinse and repeat over two days. Also reduced the event costs.

For Montana Jon - ALES is still there sir. It is not last in the event list but first to be flown. F5J is the next day. Were you planning to fly F3K and that is where the conflict is? Drop me a PM about what all the events you wanted to fly are on the same day comment so I can understand. Also there is no catering to anyone, the Officers tried to get the most folks into the categories for the days allotted by the AMA that made sense, a tradeoff. Also rules for F3RES were sent to the AMA for consideration in adoption in the 2019-2020 cycle.

For Ryan - Will miss you. Always next year sir. Can Katie drive yet? She can take your place.

For Kraut - One dinner is on me at Vera Maes.
Last edited by wadasczi; Jan 10, 2018 at 07:45 AM.
Jan 10, 2018, 07:50 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
So... Wally... If I compliment your hard work, too... will I get dinner? Just kidding... I'll be there. The NOS class winner is still under construction.

I'll be flying RES/NOS - UNL - and F3J. Hotel Jacques will be in the RV compound.

Glider Camp!!!!!

Darth Dastardly
Jan 10, 2018, 07:59 AM
The Detritus of Rcgroups
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
For Ryan - Will miss you. Always next year sir. Can Katie drive yet? She can take your place.
Maybe she can drive but she isn't legally old enough to do so. She will likely have the same schedule conflict that I will likely have. Perhaps in 2019.

Ryan
Jan 10, 2018, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
So... Wally... If I compliment your hard work, too... will I get dinner? Just kidding... I'll be there. The NOS class winner is still under construction.

I'll be flying RES/NOS - UNL - and F3J. Hotel Jacques will be in the RV compound.

Glider Camp!!!!!

Darth Dastardly
Jack,

So the deal for you and I this year is we don't share the same airspace like we did last year. Pinky shake? Glad to see that you are coming and yes I will buy dinner for you and few of your closest friends also in the form of a BBQ dinner at Site 5 during Unlimited...my old timers thinks that is the date I stuck on the calendar anyway. So don't let the cat out of the bag on what you are building, let it be a surprise!

Wally by Golly
Jan 10, 2018, 10:36 AM
Service Engine Soon
Thanks Wally and looking forward to this year's NATS.
Jan 10, 2018, 08:55 PM
Ron Smith
Many thanks to Wally and the LSF officer team for putting together a great week of flying. It is good to see the addition of F5J. That will be a fun addition to the events.

Ron
Jan 11, 2018, 12:11 AM