Jun 24, 2019, 01:43 AM
Res Ipsa Loquitur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27
That's definitely a perspective that an awful lot of EVO owners share with you.

What's also important is what Autel has done to fix EVO problems right out of the box.

P.S. Absolutely loved the link....
Thanks, DJI27. There were actually a lot of similar products on Amazon but I thought this was the best one. These cards are also easily launched from a moving boat...actually any moving vehicle. Very versatile!

This is now the soundtrack playing in my head.

PS I used to have a DJI MP1. Excellent drone.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2019, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMateo
This is now the soundtrack playing in my head.
Now its playing in my head, too! A classic!
Crowd sourced solutions and shared workarounds have been the key in the past, and will continue to prevail!
Jun 26, 2019, 10:14 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Really?
What exactly has "Autel done to fix EVO problems right out of the box"?
Here we are a year later, and the iOS Explorer app version is still riddled with problems, the Android Explorer app still resets all user settings at every battery swap, and the video you just referenced is by a guy who lives on a boat and hasn't been able to launch the EVO from his moving boat since he received the EVO last October, while every DJI aircraft can be hand launched anywhere. The EVO also initiated a forced landing which he could not override, while he happened to be over land, by a guy who's main interest is flying over water. All forced landings on DJI aircraft can be overridden until below 0% remaining battery. The videos you cite are just reinforcing everything I have stated about the EVO. I find them just as comical as the link you also found so funny! Got any other videos to share that actually make your point? The only people who are in love with everything about the EVO have never owned a current DJI drone to know how much higher the bar has been set over the last year with the Mavic 2, which was released just after that last video was made, in October! Thanks to Quad808 and NLD, the Mavic 2 is now just as free to fly anywhere as the EVO, as of 4 weeks ago, without all the annoying incessant warnings from the Explorer app that cannot be dismissed and block your FPV, even in full screen mode! Your turn.
Lets see ... What's the term for someone who is so enamored with themselves that the high point for their day is finding fault when there is in fact no fault to be find?

You do realize that the pilot blamed himself for the forced landing don't you?

Did you only selectively view parts of the clip before bringing up the EVO's forced landing?

Wonder why the "higher" DJI bar you refer to doesn't include buttery smooth 60fps video with an unmatched dynamic range in any of their fold-able drones?

Hmm...???
Jun 26, 2019, 05:04 PM
How about that Active Track? Ya know, the one where people have to dive out of the way to avoid being struck by a drone supposed to be following them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jun 26, 2019, 09:28 PM
Seattle, WA
Ya, had a couple of close calls with my DJI Active Track. Actually had to duck once.
Jul 13, 2019, 05:07 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
had my evo for about 1 month now, and loving it, 1 thing i wish they would fix, the settings, so they save after you shut her down
Jul 13, 2019, 07:40 PM
haz
haz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS
had my evo for about 1 month now, and loving it, 1 thing i wish they would fix, the settings, so they save after you shut her down
Be careful with the antennas on the rc . Mine cracked twice, sent in to autel and they were replaced and they cracked again so i replaced them myself.
Jul 13, 2019, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Lets see ... What's the term for someone who is so enamored with themselves that the high point for their day is finding fault when there is in fact no fault to be find?

You do realize that the pilot blamed himself for the forced landing don't you?

Did you only selectively view parts of the clip before bringing up the EVO's forced landing?

Wonder why the "higher" DJI bar you refer to doesn't include buttery smooth 60fps video with an unmatched dynamic range in any of their fold-able drones?

Hmm...???
Apparently, the camera is more important to you than the platform. Sorry, but every aerial camera requires a platform to fly, and the EVO platform falls far short of the Mavic 2 platform. Any uncancellable forced landing is a problem! Any gimbal that cannot be elevated above 90 is useless for spherical panoramas. There is no way to shoot cinematic video with the EVO because the Yaw expo control cannot be lowered enough. At its lowest 20% setting, it still whips around, ruining the shot! DJI offers a 10% yaw expo setting, HALF that of the EVO. Since you have never owned a Mavic 2, you just don't know what you are missing!
Jul 14, 2019, 10:59 AM

Yet "another" Evo vs. M2 matchup....

The Evo gives you that buttery smooth 4K 60fps video with a dynamic range unmatched by the M2.

Autel Evo: Can it compete with the Mavic 2 lineup? It sure can... (7 min 47 sec)

Throw in Autel's decision to not encumber the Evo with DJI-like "we are control of your set" flying restrictions and the Evo is the hands clear winner.
Jul 14, 2019, 09:40 PM
Quote:
The Evo gives you that buttery smooth 4K 60fps video with a dynamic range unmatched by the M2.

Autel Evo: Can it compete with the Mavic 2 lineup? It sure can... (7 min 47 sec)

Throw in Autel's decision to not encumber the Evo with DJI-like "we are control of your set" flying restrictions and the Evo is the hands clear winner.
There is no comparison, so there is no winner and no loser. Each has their place and their strengths and weaknesses. It's not one other other. I own both. No argument about the EVO better camera in the under $1000 price. However, the inferior wifi range, and much shorter battery life, and poor signal stability beyond 1.5 miles significantly cripple the EVO for long range flying. If you need 4K 60fps and long range in a 1” sensor, pick up a used P4P, which offers the 1” sensor and a true 4.3 mile range and a real 25 minute flight time at a continuous 30mph. Different strokes for different folks. If you never fly BVLOS, and always forget your tablet cable, like the guy in the video, and only have $1000 to spend, and don't take spherical panoramas, and aren't looking for cinematic control, the EVO is a good choice.
Jul 15, 2019, 05:38 AM
Yup... having choices is definitely a good thing.

Too many opinions out there that are clouded by advertising that misleads simply by omitting certain key short comings.
Jul 15, 2019, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Yup... having choices is definitely a good thing.

Too many opinions out there that are clouded by advertising that misleads simply by omitting certain key short comings.
Here's another opinion (not my video) where the EVO itself disappointed the owner, whose use is more similar to mine, and his Autel experience mirrors mine, too. Autel is nice until they aren't. When you catch them lying to you, and confront them, they go dark on you, and stop responding completely! I'm no DJI Customer Service fan either, but their drones and controllers are now more reliable, and don't need repeated customer service, unlike the EVO. In my 4 months of EVO ownership, I have already encountered 2 manufacturing defects requiring repair or replacement and three weeks without my EVO, and half the problems I sent the EVO in for were not fixed upon return, and now Autel won't respond further! Here's the link to the other opinion, so everyone can decide for themselves what is important to them:

why i sold my autel robotics evo (7 min 12 sec)
Jul 16, 2019, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Here's another opinion (not my video) where the EVO itself disappointed the owner, whose use is more similar to mine, and his Autel experience mirrors mine, too. Autel is nice until they aren't. When you catch them lying to you, and confront them, they go dark on you, and stop responding completely! I'm no DJI Customer Service fan either, but their drones and controllers are now more reliable, and don't need repeated customer service, unlike the EVO. In my 4 months of EVO ownership, I have already encountered 2 manufacturing defects requiring repair or replacement and three weeks without my EVO, and half the problems I sent the EVO in for were not fixed upon return, and now Autel won't respond further! Here's the link to the other opinion, so everyone can decide for themselves what is important to them:

https://youtu.be/ZlqwT1YM4Yc
If what you say is true, why not just make your own video to better "mirror" your Autel experience?

A simple video might be just the incentive for Autel to make even more improvements and more importantly would let everyone actually see how you really felt.
Jul 16, 2019, 01:44 PM
If he is so disappointed in the EVO and cannot return it then just sell the darn thing and get on with life. It seems Gadget__Guy is just out to complain about something that can be solved real fast. Sell the dam thing and move on.
Jul 17, 2019, 07:02 AM
Quote:
If what you say is true, why not just make your own video to better "mirror" your Autel experience?

A simple video might be just the incentive for Autel to make even more improvements and more importantly would let everyone actually see how you really felt.
Of course it isn't true! I'm making all this up! Autel has neither the resources nor the will to make any improvements. Everyone already knows how I feel, but you keep coming up with these tongue in cheek raving EVO reviews from YT that only make my points, when anyone digs beneath the misleading glowing headlines. Thought it time you heard from someone else, whose YT headline actually expresses a very different sentiment, and actually owns a Mavic 2 for a true comparison, rather than the bar being a 3 year old MavicPro, which is now 3 generations old.

Quick Reply