Jan 21, 2018, 07:40 PM
Critic at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1 View Post
Not taking sides on all of this, but that crap right there was FUNNY! I don't think Eddie Murphy could have said something like that.
WIthout choice words, Murphy wasn't as funny........

I did go see The Woz last year (speak at a local forum) and he contributed to a charity I was working with - so I can admit a certain admiration for engineering. Wang? I think he is a Ghost. He's long since disappeared. Forbes did one or two articles years ago and that was that.

But that's also endearing to an extent. Most people are all talk and little action. Frank created an industry, magic machines and doesn't tweet out every morning about the size of his hands.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2018, 07:55 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Anyone buy one yet? (Stay ON topic everyone)
How, Pray tell, can anyone buy one when they haven't even decided on what "it" is going to be, and even begin building it, no production has even started.
Jan 21, 2018, 08:44 PM
Critic at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1 View Post
How, Pray tell, can anyone buy one when they haven't even decided on what "it" is going to be, and even begin building it, no production has even started.
Obviously, for many, the topic is that it's a done deal.....it will be out soon in quantity and work to beat the band. So you are allowed to talk about that or else what marketing and YT says. You are not allowed your own opinions.....
Jan 21, 2018, 10:46 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Craig, I wish you would refrain from posting. At least in this particular style. Nothing personal, but I don't see anything of particular value in your postings. Not here, not in the DJI nor the various other threads. What exactly are you trying to accomplish besides obviously running a business? Trying to be someone which is regarded as authority in this Hobby segment? Someone posted it's a retirement project for you.

Are you trying to find a sense in a bored life? Sorry if I sound analytical and maybe hurt some feelings. But I start to feel sorry for you.

Maybe try to change your approach. Get creative. Try to get some great pictures or videos with you drone. Try new shooting angles, learn video editing, etc. The energy spend is far more rewarding.

The Internet is so full of information these days and drones have been around for some time. You can't impress people with writing pseudo-intellectual sounding vagueness about these and that. Look around. You mostly get negative feedback here.

For sure the peope at Autel are trying hard to earn a living. And given the marketshare situation, they are fighting an uphill battle. But they give it a shot and I am sure they put a lot of energy in their efforts. If I was working at Autel, I would feel really emotional about your posts. . Because in all honesty, by putting a few drones on the market and some smiles on customers faces (with reasonable good reviews as someone pointed out) the people at Autel have contributed far more to the hobby than whatever you think you have accomplished.

Critic at large. I start to wonder of you are even qualified to comment.

Please change!
Jan 21, 2018, 10:54 PM
You can go into your personal settings and put him on an "Ignore" list. Doing so blocks his post visibility to you and you won't see them unless you click on them to open up. Works similar to what happens when someone is having all their posts moderated before they are permitted to become public.
Jan 21, 2018, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR View Post
You can go into your personal settings and put him on an "Ignore" list. Doing so blocks his post visibility to you and you won't see them unless you click on them to open up. Works similar to what happens when someone is having all their posts moderated before they are permitted to become public.
This is what I have done and it's amazing. How to add craigiri to your ignore list should be stickied to the top of all non-dji forums. Also if your looking for some info of the EVO there is a good Facebook group dedicated to it and they will moderate trolls like craigiri.
Jan 22, 2018, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv2110 View Post
This is what I have done and it's amazing. How to add craigiri to your ignore list should be stickied to the top of all non-dji forums. Also if your looking for some info of the EVO there is a good Facebook group dedicated to it and they will moderate trolls like craigiri.
Absolutely. The guy is a cancer, and has been for years. Find me anyone willing to say otherwise that isn't a known DJI leg humper on this forum.
Jan 22, 2018, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin View Post
Absolutely. The guy is a cancer, and has been for years. Find me anyone willing to say otherwise that isn't a known DJI leg humper on this forum.
Yah i typed his username in google and the consensus is, he is a dji-shill and not very liked. But that wont stop himself acting as
quintessential drone guy full of knowledge, proudly telling you of his accomplishments and acting as if what he says is for the greater good of the drone hobby.
Jan 22, 2018, 01:34 AM
For those who have been in the RC modeling hobby for many many years, can see right through this BS. It’s quite obvious, that he is someone who thought who can jump onto the Drones gravy train. Since this hobby is attractive to “newbies” with no RC flying or any technical background, he is trying to target and impress this audience with his general and relative vague statements and wishy-washy comparisons. For the rest it’s just annoying and mostly meaningless drivel.
Jan 22, 2018, 02:34 AM
WOW!! How do I unsubscribe from this thread? You guys have killed it! - Thanks for that!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2018, 02:38 AM
I wouldn’t worry too much.

Until Autel confirm a release date for the first version with the small sensor and clarify their plans for the 1” sensor there isn’t a lot to talk about so lots of off topic posts are sadly normal.
Jan 22, 2018, 03:30 AM
I get the feeling that a lot of people have mis-read the thread's title: it reads E V O and not E G O !!

And apparently mods don't mind derailing a thread for pages and pages at all
Jan 22, 2018, 07:43 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
I get the feeling that a lot of people have mis-read the thread's title: it reads E V O and not E G O !!

And apparently mods don't mind derailing a thread for pages and pages at all
Mods are dead, unless it is a DJI forum. Try to troll a DJI thread and see what happens.......
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Jan 22, 2018, 08:36 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Autel Robotics EVO

Ok No matter the thread the RCG mods generally will not intervene for this stuff, go read the suggestions and complaints section on RCG and you will see the same thing said time and time again by the mods and that is they will moderate anyone who breaches forum rules however that is not general posting so if you do not like what you read then use the block feature.

Many of you are as bad as what’s being complained about tbh, half the issue is the same old people who neither purchase or actually help the products complaining about the other people, the excuse will be they they are here to save the thread from DJI shills but it’s just crap tbh and they cause as much problems.

Everyone is entitled to discuss this product no matter their brand preference or product knowledge, no one gets to decide if some one should be listened to or not, stop whining and use the block feature if you don’t like a specific poster then things will be fine, what derails the thread is the complain constantly about the posting of others .

1: Use the block feature
2: stop using words like Shill
3: stop responding to what you don’t like.
4: Talk about the product.

It really is that simple folks.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Jan 22, 2018, 08:53 AM
Suspended Account
The new EVO looks to be a very capable craft. I love the color scheme if that counts for anything. Autel does a good job with after purchase support also. If the camera/gimbal on the EVO delivers current industry standard results,I think it will be pricing that that makes or breaks its future sales.

Though this class of craft is not my cup of tea,I believe it will sell. The 18 and older buyers will jump all over this if the pricing is right.

Quick Reply