2018 UK Auto Gyro Meetings - Page 7 - RC Groups
Jun 11, 2018, 03:27 PM
Drop nose on turns ... more back stick trim and more nose weight....

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2018, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106flyer
Drop nose on turns ... more back stick trim and more nose weight....

Steve

Steve remember this is the DAG, no pitch command or trim on the head, roll only. I think itís caused by side slipping in the turn, eg left rudder starts the turn with left roll, taking out the roll and trying to keep the rotor flat is like a side slip in fixed wing and causes the lift to reduce. Just a thought.
Jun 12, 2018, 05:35 AM
Tim , the back stick was perm trim not during the turn. Although it's fixed on the DAG head cannot it be adjusted ?
Jun 12, 2018, 03:19 PM
Evening Gents,

At Old Warden on Saturday several us discussed the sourcing of EPP foam sheets - difficult with flying Dog no longer trading.

I have done some digging and have ordered a foam block sliced into 9mm - should get 13 600mm by 900mm sheets out of it.

When it arrives if ok would be happy to pass on to any of you AT COST... to be clear at Zero money gain to me - reward is seeing more of you building !!

Will keep you posted when it arrives....

Steve
Last edited by 106flyer; Jun 13, 2018 at 03:40 PM.
Jun 12, 2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks Steve, as discussed I would be happy to take say 6 sheets off your hands when they arrive. Just let me know the cost in due course.

Thanks

Graham
Jun 13, 2018, 01:51 AM
Gentlemen ..may I cut in on your foam situation.
Recently I find that most of my construction seems to be foam sheet..that has been free of charge.
Dumpster diving is my new sport .
I know that I'm on the other side of the world to you .but I'm pretty sure you would have the same facilities.
I have found large sheets of various thicknesses 10/15/20/25/30mm clean styrene foam can be found in the skips at the rear of shopping centres and DIY outlets.
Now this may sound like a degrading situation to put you selves in..but I have found that as these skips are changed frequently that there are now "nasties to be found.
The skips are usually open and its just a matter of looking what is around.Now the foam that I'm talking about is the various pieces of packing that are used mainly in flat packs around TV's and furniture.
I have found a great variety of grades used in different applications and some that were not suitable for our use. At the moment I have a very nice collection of foam that should keep me busy for a few years.
Happy Hunting
Chris...
Jun 13, 2018, 03:14 AM
Foam in white on its way . Cost £5 per sheet. Will bring to the Ramsey do as posting is not practical

Steve
Jun 19, 2018, 01:35 PM
Uk Autonuts.. we have 9mm EPP... first come first served

Steve
Jun 20, 2018, 01:11 PM
Foam supplier suggests EPP block will be difficult to get in a few weeks so if anyone wants some or a whole block -13 sheets we need to be quick .. next 3 weeks.... let me know
Jun 20, 2018, 02:14 PM
EPP might be difficult but I have used standard close cell insulation block for years. The stuff we make foam core wings from. Donít see why we couldnít use that and cover it in brown paper soaked in PVA. Not quite so bendy but better than dollar tree etc.
Jun 20, 2018, 03:26 PM
Yep good alternative

Steve

Quick Reply