2018 UK Auto Gyro Meetings - Page 4 - RC Groups
Apr 25, 2018, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo1500
Hi Ian
I should be there........any directions??
Good news Rich, that should be at least 5 gyronuts then.

As for directions, look at the map that I posted, the postcode pe6 9la covers the A15 from where we need to turn off up to Langtoft, ie the postcode does cover the turn off onto "Meadow Road".

From Peterborough, take the A15 towards Lincoln, about 10 miles north of Pboro you will go around Market Deeping, there will be a single stretch of dual carriageway around Market deeping, about 1 mile long sweeping round to the right. at the end is a roundabout, where you turn left, staying on the A15. (Going straight on would take you to Spalding)
You can see the dual carriageway and roundabout on the map I posted. after about 800 yds you will coe across a new housing development of 2 houses on the left. This is opposite Meadow Road. Turn right into meadow road after about half a mile the field is on the right. Its the only field with trees around it.
Drive thro the gate into the field, it is OK to carefully drive up to the pits and unload before parking.

The current forecast looks OK, with light winds and the odd shower.

Sorry, but no facilities at field except hedge. There is a pub about 1.5 miles away if you get desperate, or it rains too much.

cheers
Ian
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2018, 12:25 PM
Hi,

Just to confirm that the Peterborough autogyro event is definitely going ahead tomorrow.
We have 4 confirmed and one possible.
The weather forecast is reasonable, showing light to moderate winds with small chance of light showers. Its not going to be particularly warm, so bring plenty of waterproof warm clothes.

I'll be there from 9 hopefully. If you get there before me the gate will be locked, and you will have to wait :-)

see you soon
cheers
Ian
Apr 28, 2018, 11:27 AM
Thanks Ian once again for a eventful day .. yes rain and chat, and float auto touch and go's ...!!! Great day out and the first of the season . Rich E again thank you for the help, smiles and patience on the buddy lead.......

Steve
Apr 28, 2018, 03:06 PM
What could possibly go wrong!!
Looks like fun, sorry I missed it

Chas
Apr 29, 2018, 08:24 PM
Did I see correct ?? a two bladed C-30.........
Apr 30, 2018, 06:23 AM
Yep Chris , its mine... goes really well without little change from the 3 blade setup...

Steve
Apr 30, 2018, 06:48 AM
Tim Potter C30 maiden (1 min 45 sec)
May 09, 2018, 01:31 PM

Full Size Event at Old Warden 9/10th June

Ey up Lads an Lasses!!

Could I please have names for those that wish to fly at the event. The names are required by Shuttleworth so if your name isn't on the list you may not be able to fly. I had thought to gather on the Sunday but if you think Saturday is better, or both, please shout.

Entrance is free but as it is a busy live airfield we are in the lap of the gods as to when we will get a flying slot. Will try to sort something out.

Details nearer the time.

Chas
May 11, 2018, 01:28 AM
Me please Chas Tim Arnold
May 11, 2018, 10:05 PM
Just me and you Tim!!
May 12, 2018, 12:52 AM
Hi Chas,

Im definitely not available on the Sunday, I'll be off to Merseyside for a few days. I may be OK for the Saturday, but not sure as yet. I'll let you know as soon as I know.
cheers
Ian
May 12, 2018, 02:59 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Chas,

I won't be coming but hope the weather is good for you.

Rich
May 12, 2018, 12:29 PM
Sorry you can't make it Rich, we will aim for the Saturday

Chas
May 14, 2018, 07:00 AM
Think Andy is a yes for Saturday
May 14, 2018, 01:56 PM
Good, hope Andy will make it.

Quick Reply