Jan 08, 2018, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

2018 UK Auto Gyro Meetings

Happy New year to all and I hope everyone had a good Christmas Break...

Here's to a busy and healthy year's flying to all, feel free to post events here... (Cali hint Hint !!)

May I open the bidding with Sunday 16th September at our HOEA site Nr Hampton in Arden, Warwickshire

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2018, 09:33 AM

2018 UK Auto Gyro Meetings

It would very helpful if there was a list of event and show dates (golf competitions) we need to work around for each month in 2018. So for example my CMFC do is normally in May, so far I have 7 th May is a Bank holiday, 12th and 13th is Greenacres, 25 th 28th May is WMFC fly in, bank holiday and my birthday, so I propose either Sat 5th or 19 th May for CMFC subject to committee approval
Last edited by BigTradioman; Jan 14, 2018 at 09:44 AM.
Jan 13, 2018, 05:07 PM
Thread OP
Good idea tim ... will look through and create one

Steve
Jan 22, 2018, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Autonuts... quiet time after Christmas ...or do we have no takers to meetings this year ???

Steve
Jan 22, 2018, 05:37 PM
Hi Steve,

I'm hoping to run an autogyro event/meet in April, but I'm waiting to find out how our new field comes along before offering.

I'll also be coming to every other event that I can make, so hopefully you'll be fed up of me by the end of the year :-)

ps just back from a skiing holiday - awesome !!!!

cheers
Ian
Jan 23, 2018, 02:13 AM
What could possibly go wrong!!
Hi Steve
I'm looking at getting the OW event a bit earlier this year to try and beat the weather.
Just a thought but could we make a weekend event up at the BMFA National Centre?

Happy days

Chas
Jan 23, 2018, 03:12 AM
That would be interesting Chas. I agree with bringing the OW event forward. I would even swap the May date if it fits in with OW events.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:59 AM
Thread OP
Hi Chas, Ian, yes great ideas and an earlier Old Warden would be good - always a great venue, company and with it being earlier then maybe more light to fly without fog...!

Hope the new fields works out Ian and yes I would be up for an new event at the BMFA centre - we could show them a different aspect of the hobby with our collection of models...

Steve
Jan 24, 2018, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrocopter
Hi Steve
I'm looking at getting the OW event a bit earlier this year to try and beat the weather.
Just a thought but could we make a weekend event up at the BMFA National Centre?

Happy days

Chas

June 3rd and 4 th is booked as the Rotary Flight Fly In at the national Centre, 4 flight lines and camping.

Here is a link to the booking pagefor the National Center http://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/faqs
Last edited by BigTradioman; Jan 24, 2018 at 08:44 AM.
Jan 24, 2018, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman
June 3rd and 4 th is booked as the Rotary Flight Fly In at the national Centre, 4 flight lines and camping.

Here is a link to the booking pagefor the National Center http://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/faqs
That weekend is the Payload challenges at BMFA Buckminster. see http://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/event...oad-challenges The following weekend is a general flying and of course Autogyros will be most welcome.
Jan 26, 2018, 03:48 AM
I am sure I saw that as a rotary fly in! Must have looked at a different year.
Jan 28, 2018, 05:32 AM
So Saturday 9th Sunday 10th of June is a mixed fly in at the National Centre. Anyone interested in flying the Gyro flag with me on either day?

http://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/event...ter-summer-fly
Jan 31, 2018, 04:08 PM
Thread OP
Maybe a repeat for us like last year Chas and Uk Autonuts ??
Jan 31, 2018, 04:16 PM
Thread OP
Note from Steve Paffett to question are we invited again ??
"Absolutely mate, I would like you to have a tent, marquee gazebo or whatever down where you base yourselves. Free camping Friday and Saturday night. Can you copy in the rest of pilots?"

So what do you all think ??... any takers ??
Feb 01, 2018, 08:43 PM
What could possibly go wrong!!
Count me in Steve

Quick Reply