Ryze Tello Owner Thread - Page 42 - RC Groups
Apr 14, 2018, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr
For what it's worth, I'm not having any trouble with the video feed while using a Bluetooth controller with an iPhone. Sure, it drops a frame or two once in a while, but there isn't a dramatic difference for me with or without the controller.

From reading this thread, it definitely sounds like Android users are having the wide range of experiences with the Tello - some good, but some bad (and really bad). The Apple side seems to be a lot more consistent.

Are most of you upgrading the Tello to the latest version of firmware when the app prompts you to, or are you pressing "Cancel" to stay on the original version? Things are working really well for me on the original version.
I have the latest version and it works fine on my Droid Turbo. Except for the video which is still totally useless but that's my phone compatibility. Two things I noticed with the upgrade: One is the auto-land profile changed. It now descends quickly to about 3 feet then slows to land. I like that feature. Also, Scratch and Drone Blocks both work now. I prefer DB because I don't have to add a 3 second pause between commands for it to follow the program. And it's just for drones so there isn't all the extraneous stuff I won't use.
I just ordered the new T1D controller from DJI. Hopefully it will actually work so I can do some real flying.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2018, 09:33 AM
Anyone come across a Tello case that has space for a controller like the T1D?
Apr 15, 2018, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
No but there are nice compact cases for the Gamesir and for the Tello individually. Probably easier to throw in a bag.
Apr 15, 2018, 04:47 AM
My Tello lived for only 24 hours.
After a little crash at home a motor is damaged.
How to change it without destroying the rest? I don't undertand if I have to remove it from the bottom (it closed by a gum landing protection) or from the up.
Thank you
Apr 15, 2018, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo.p
My Tello lived for only 24 hours.
After a little crash at home a motor is damaged.
How to change it without destroying the rest? I don't undertand if I have to remove it from the bottom (it closed by a gum landing protection) or from the up.
Thank you
SOLVED
Removed the gum protection.
Desoldered the damaged motor.
Soldered a generic 8520 motor.
It works ;-)
Apr 15, 2018, 10:32 AM
Quote:
SOLVED
Removed the gum protection.
Desoldered the damaged motor.
Soldered a generic 8520 motor.
It works ;-)
Great to hear you could get it fixed
Apr 15, 2018, 11:52 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Not yet but we'll probably see one soon.
Apr 15, 2018, 03:19 PM

Tello Video Problems

Hello, I just got the Tello today and love it but it only saves the videos sometimes. I checked it 3 times to make sure it was recording and it was but only show one of the 3 videos. Why?
Apr 15, 2018, 03:36 PM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Quote:
Just noticed a couple of variations of this case appeared on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/TELLO-Shoulde...dp/B07BKX6TWN/
Apr 15, 2018, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tello Mello
Hello, I just got the Tello today and love it but it only saves the videos sometimes. I checked it 3 times to make sure it was recording and it was but only show one of the 3 videos. Why?
Did you remember to stop the recording before powering off the drone?
Apr 16, 2018, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Well, you'll have more options weeks later:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ORBM...ceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ORBM...54dd7203kRhjdf
Last edited by Alan Chan; Apr 16, 2018 at 04:48 AM.
Apr 16, 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton10
Great to hear you could get it fixed
It flies well also with the temporary motor as you can see in my programming test
Dji Tello - Ryze Tech - Scratch programming test - Programmare Tello ITA (5 min 12 sec)

Now I have only the black and white issue. I can take color photos but the video is black and with with p9 lite and p10 lite. They are both not supported mobile phones right now :-(
Apr 16, 2018, 03:25 PM
Quote:

Now I have only the black and white issue. I can take color photos but the video is black and with with p9 lite and p10 lite. They are both not supported mobile phones right now :-(
This is very strange, because i use the P9 lite, and it is flawless in video and photos.
Apr 16, 2018, 11:46 PM
Sorry, I have a P8 lite and a p10 lite and both have the B&W issue.
It's not a real black and white because I can see some colors sometimes
Here is an example
Tello B&W issue (0 min 15 sec)
Apr 17, 2018, 08:26 AM
Pedantic Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamolymonkey
So, I've noticed many users lamenting the lack of an onboard sd card for video recording. I have taken a look in the Tello's body and I believe that it may be possible to add a micro sd card slot under the top cover. This is just a preliminary idea so I haven't disassembled the Tello to see how we might connect the card reader to the logic board. If this is successful then we could see a marked improvement in video quality since we'd have the ability to use uncompressed video direct from camera.

Unfortunately I am much better at electronic building than programming and I know this will require a hefty modification to the Tello firmware.

Any helpful comments are appreciated. I'd love to get this done and since Ryze seems pretty willing to provide us with programming and tinkering options maybe they'd release a more comprehensive SDK if we ask nicely?
In current form... not gonna happen, even with the hacking scene that is developing. Tello is controlled my Movidius VPU, and the compiler kit to the VPU is tightly held only by vetted companies.

Modding Tello is currently territory that most are not going to head into. None the less, this is the status of the scene.
https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/RyzeTelloFirmware

Quick Reply