Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 09, 2018, 01:10 PM
Hey Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
THAT is a mental picture! ouch!!

Yea I was extremely lucky tbh, at one point I thought I had smashed my wrists tbh but after the shock and pain kicked in it turned out no too bad.

Still in a lot of pain though but itís fine so thatís good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Man sorry to hear... I have full movement but no strength in some direction. Tore a ligament I guess ...

I hope yours sorted it self out soon,
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2018, 02:01 PM
Suspended Account
5Mpxl making professional grade video???
Jan 09, 2018, 07:11 PM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
DJI OSMO Mobile 2 listed HERE for €169.10

Damn I just bought a Xiaomi Mijia Gimbal with the 4K Xiaomi cam, but the Osmo does look nice for use with my iPhone.
Jan 10, 2018, 05:01 AM
When do you expect to start selling Tello?
The device was interested.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:21 AM
Little bird told me that the Tello will be available in the China market on the 4th week of January, 2018.
Jan 12, 2018, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatR
5Mpxl making professional grade video???
So what? Latest panasonic gh5s has 10 mpixel
Jan 12, 2018, 11:03 PM
Enterprise Support - 107
Hi guys! Just catching up on this thread. I am finally home. CES is always fun but an exhusting show. 5 days of nonstop being on your feet on concrete. My ankles are about twice their normal size. Enough of my moaning. I brought a Ryze Tello back with me from CES. It is a cool little craft. I got to fly it in our flight cage before the show started. You can launch it from your hand. The downward facing sensors do a good job for a craft in this price range. The hover is solid. They did two presentations at the Intel booth that went well. I was concerned when we went over for a run through. The floor was sold white laminate. No features with the exception of seam lines between panels. The Tello performed very well. I was surprised how well it did. Having flown at many shows and having to either change carpets or put tape down to get some texture for DJI craft to get a solid hover, this shows me that the Ryze engineers have done there homework incorporating DJI firmware into this small design. Intels chiipset could also have something to do with it as well. Lets talk about the built in features. Flips, the Tello does front, back, right side, left side and diagonal flips. You press on the icon in the App and just swipe your finger the way you want it to flip. It does a really great job doing this. Bounce, you can put it into bounce mode and it is like Tigger and bounces up and down to about 15 cm above the floor to about 1.5 m. You can also set it to palm land. I don't know much about the programming other than the tools were developed by MIT and schools have already expressed interest in buying multiple craft to put on programming classes and competitions. I think that we will be where we will see real value. I will post some of my pictures tomorrow after I get some rest. If you have questions, let me know and I will answer what I can or pass them on to the Ryze group.
Latest blog entry: DJI Goggles RE x OcuSync videos
Jan 12, 2018, 11:25 PM
Valiant Poultry
Ed, seeing as this is a brushed quad, will the motors be something that can be replaced easily by the user when the need arises, or will it need to be sent in for repair when a motor starts to die?
Jan 12, 2018, 11:35 PM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
Ed, seeing as this is a brushed quad, will the motors be something that can be replaced easily by the user when the need arises, or will it need to be sent in for repair when a motor starts to die?
I asked the same question at CES. That is being worked on right now. I have not popped the lid yet. If it uses a standard connector, I don't see any reason why they should not be. I have not measured the motors yet.
Jan 13, 2018, 01:15 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Sounds great Ed! Iím glad youíre home safe and sound!

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Jan 13, 2018, 02:01 AM
HI Ed, did you tried just with a phone or also with a controller?
Jan 13, 2018, 03:20 AM
Hey Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Hi guys! Just catching up on this thread. I am finally home. CES is always fun but an exhusting show. 5 days of nonstop being on your feet on concrete. My ankles are about twice their normal size. Enough of my moaning. I brought a Ryze Tello back with me from CES. It is a cool little craft. I got to fly it in our flight cage before the show started. You can launch it from your hand. The downward facing sensors do a good job for a craft in this price range. The hover is solid. They did two presentations at the Intel booth that went well. I was concerned when we went over for a run through. The floor was sold white laminate. No features with the exception of seam lines between panels. The Tello performed very well. I was surprised how well it did. Having flown at many shows and having to either change carpets or put tape down to get some texture for DJI craft to get a solid hover, this shows me that the Ryze engineers have done there homework incorporating DJI firmware into this small design. Intels chiipset could also have something to do with it as well. Lets talk about the built in features. Flips, the Tello does front, back, right side, left side and diagonal flips. You press on the icon in the App and just swipe your finger the way you want it to flip. It does a really great job doing this. Bounce, you can put it into bounce mode and it is like Tigger and bounces up and down to about 15 cm above the floor to about 1.5 m. You can also set it to palm land. I don't know much about the programming other than the tools were developed by MIT and schools have already expressed interest in buying multiple craft to put on programming classes and competitions. I think that we will be where we will see real value. I will post some of my pictures tomorrow after I get some rest. If you have questions, let me know and I will answer what I can or pass them on to the Ryze group.

Very cool Ed canít wait to order one tbh to play with, sounds bang on.
Jan 13, 2018, 07:32 AM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
HI Ed, did you tried just with a phone or also with a controller?
Just the phone at this point.
Jan 13, 2018, 07:39 AM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Very cool Ed canít wait to order one tbh to play with, sounds bang on.
I am thinking about my grandson but he is probably a few years away for this right now.
Jan 13, 2018, 07:49 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
I am thinking about my grandson but he is probably a few years away for this right now.
So Ed, Welcome back, did you get to meet a buddy of mine that was there? I think he said that DJI actually invited him. He goes by the "professional" name Shonduras...Bit of a nut, but a great guy. Waiting on updates as you find time on this new endeavour.

Quick Reply