Ryze Tello Owner Thread - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2018, 12:21 PM
Tweaker
Ya, great toy, it will be fun to try the programming for sure.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2018, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Ya, great toy, it will be fun to try the programming for sure.
I was thinking the same thing.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:05 PM
I Should Have Known It
Quote:
Congrats Mad on being the "Official" product launcher!

Looks like a fun toy for sure.

12 min flight time probably means 8 in the real world which is decent.

VPS but no GPS, Compass?

There was some 3rd party BT game controller compatibility stuff recently, more kid focused I think, we'll see.

The controller would allow the phone to be used as the VR goggle, sweet.

Yea details are sketch right now but with DJI flight controller and things like VPS this is going to really make all those other drones look like toys, we know how stable the Spark and Mavic is and I see no reason with downward sensors this wonít be the same, itís going to really shake things in the low end up a lot, £/$99 is just astonishing when you look at it really and if they sell this at some places like BB and Apple then itís going to sell unlike anything before I think.

Itís going to be an expensive February if this and the Osmo M 2 lands at the same time.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:08 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Yea it will support some 3rd party controllers just like the Spark via the phone, itís not likely to have its own dedicated one just MFI ect.
The controller shown in their picture is a Gamesir T1, the specs don't mention MFI support or iOS but the phone mounted in the picture is an iPhone so do these just work??
Jan 08, 2018, 01:12 PM
I Should Have Known It
Quote:
The controller shown in their picture is a Gamesir T1, the specs don't mention MFI support or iOS but the phone mounted in the picture is an iPhone so do these just work??

There is both an Android and IOS App called Tello that will be Available at launch, Iím not sure what controllers and the MFI was an assumption sorry it may be others.

Hopefully more details soon.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:27 PM
Looks like fun. Like the old spider frame, but with a good camera and DJI controller.

Match it with a BT game controler and some insane brushed motors and this thing will screem

edit: GameSir-T1s
Jan 08, 2018, 01:31 PM
Tweaker
At 2.5oz and 4", this is a tiny drone. Agreed, the best in the toy class, with brushed pager motors etc.
Jan 08, 2018, 01:58 PM
Very Soft Target
Yeah, this is pretty neat. If the 720p (?) stream is fairly low latency, you could have a really fun and visually impressive budget starter setup here! $20 Bluetooth joypad and a phone stuck to your face (or cheap 7-10" tablet!) and you are still safely in "birthday present" money.

Scratch based SDK stuff sounds interesting too. Curious to see the vision capabilities of this thing, it most certainly has some face recognition "selfie drone" (ugh) stuff going on too. Probably a few tricks up the old sleeve we will see later.
Last edited by BOOCAKE4U; Jan 08, 2018 at 04:40 PM.
Jan 08, 2018, 02:22 PM
Removable battery 1.1Ah/3.8V 1100mAh Lipo

A rather big 1S battery. But probably not a regular lipo pack so spares will be expensive.

Not sure yet if this is so interesting, at least not for hobby RC flyers I think. At 80 grams this should be a slow flying fat pig..?

I means: Why not just build one up with a Rolling Spider frame and be able to fly it with a real transmitter.
Last edited by Justapoke; Jan 08, 2018 at 02:39 PM.
Jan 08, 2018, 02:47 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Removable battery 1.1Ah/3.8V 1100mAh Lipo

A rather big 1S battery. But probably not a regular lipo pack so spares will be expensive.
That depends on what your idea of expensive is.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Jan 08, 2018, 03:11 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA

Dave
The magnifying glass tells all It's quite obvious what market this went after...well to some...others not so much
Jan 08, 2018, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA

Dave
Well a 1S micro quad battery is normaly around 3 to 5 bucks.

I won't be suprised if they charge 15 to 20 bucks just because it has a housing with a "DJI" name on it.

So if you want 5 packs (pretty normal amount) this makes it a rather expensive toy yes.

But I could be wrong, they might sell them at only $5 (but don't count on it yet)
Jan 08, 2018, 04:55 PM
ENTERPRISE SUPPORT / 107 Cert.
Nicely done Mad..

Unfortunately I hurt my arm over the holiday and I'm unable to attend CES. So I was planning on having a little more information on this but that wont be the case.

Good News is Ed's still attending and will post what he can when he has time!
Latest blog entry: DJI Battery Station (tb50)
Jan 08, 2018, 04:57 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
I means: Why not just build one up with a Rolling Spider frame and be able to fly it with a real transmitter.
Becasue the point of it for the target customers will be the camera/stabilization, autonomous features and programmability you don't get with a self-built thing.
Jan 08, 2018, 05:06 PM
Ordered one today, delivery April/may

Quick Reply